KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo
Is this your company?

QVC

Add a Review

QVC Employee Reviews about "point system"

Updated Oct 4, 2020

Found 22 of over 1K reviews

3.6
QVC President and CEO Mike George
Mike George
Pros
  • "A wonderful work environment and even more wonderful colleagues(in 61 reviews)

• "Great benefits and room to grow(in 59 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Employees frequently staying up late to submit midnight reports to upper management(in 25 reviews)

• "Point system unfair and unrealistic(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of QVC and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "point system"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work for

Mar 6, 2019 - Order Entry Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are not a people person this is probably not the best job for you. Can get annoying customers at times that like to complain, just to complain.

Cons

Easy job, decent pay. If you are late or and calling out sick is on an automated telephone and based on a point system so everyone is treated the same.

2. 2.0

So so

Oct 4, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The cafeteria was clean and nice

Cons

Point system unfair and unrealistic

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Well done

Jun 12, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Money fast pace and friendly

Cons

Point system and no balance

4. 2.0

Great starting point

Jan 24, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Holiday parties Pto Vacation

Cons

No ask no tell policy Point system

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Get in and get out

Nov 27, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO work from home vacation

Cons

Mandatory days during holidays point system

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

QVC

Feb 7, 2019 - Customer Service Support Representative in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trainers and on floor supervisors are amazing even though they are spread thin. They are warriors when it comes to hiring those with disabilities.

Cons

I have worked for QVC twice over the holidays and my most recent stint with them left a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth. QVC use to be so focused on its employees just as much as they were on their customers. Now, like many other employees I spoke with agreed, it feels like we were just numbers not people now. Their 10 point system for unscheduled days off was challenging considering that you can't request hardly any days off over the holidays even if you are weeks out from a day you need off, like I did for two medical procedures that came up after I was hired. I've seen better ways to do this but apparently it works for them. What this system does is encourages people to come to work sick and during cold and flu season that is not good. I haven't had a cold or the flu in over six years, I got it twice while working here because so many people were sick around me. People who refused to call in and take attendance points. While they are great at hiring those with disabilities they are not so great at making accommodations needed by those disabled persons. I know because I was one of them. I asked several times for a simple high backed chair because of spinal cord damage that required me to walk on crutches and made it difficult to sit up for 8 hours without resting my head and neck every so often. Was told to just forget it unless I was kept on after their season. It takes too long and you have to jump through major hoops, I was told. You can't hire the disabled and then not address simple accommodations. I loved working for QVC the first go around, this second season with them was tough for reasons that could be easily addressed. All-in-all still a good company to work for.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

A Company that Values both its Employees and Customers

Jan 23, 2015 - Seasonal Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

They fully train you and give you the resources you need to succeed. It is rare to work in an environment where just about everyone loves their job and truly get along with each other. Upper Management as in "The Manager "and HR Manager are absolutely professional and approachable. The supervisors are very friendly, upbeat and positive. They have "team leaders" who help out the seasonal people & regularly check up on you, provide feedback, and offer tips to improve performance, never are you talked down to. This company truly believes in helping the customer and empowers you to do so. The Quality dept monitors random calls and sits with you... going over the conversation, you are scored and told either good job or here is an opportunity. The culture is one of the best I have encountered, the values are clear and standards are high. You are expected to work your schedule and yes work holidays but that is retail.

Cons

This job is not for you if...#1. You get offended easily in terms of an upset customer, if they are ranting or using profanity you still have to treat them with the utmost respect and patience to solve the issue. #2 It is a high call volume so from the second you log onto your phone you are non stop working until your scheduled breaks. #3 Punctuality ..they have a point system once you use up your available points that is it ,you are terminated. #4. your talk time- you have to be able to solve the issue without interrupting the customer within a certain amount of time.. so being a quick thinker is a must.

8. 2.0

Pt. time seasonal

Dec 15, 2016 - Order Services in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clean comfortable work environment. Employee Discounts. Enjoyable long term customers.

Cons

Point system is a nagative, cold and uncaring supervisors, company doesn't care about giving our customers SERVICE, it's all about the call time and not about being of service or helping a customer find what they want. Supervisor says give them two tries then tell them to call back when they have an item number.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0

Started Well, Ended Badly

Jan 19, 2017 - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Facility well kept and comfortable The employees made the workplace somewhat enjoyable Employee discount Order entry is the easiest job, just repetitive. CS is less redundant but higher call volume

Cons

MICROMANAGEMENT... depending on sup, it will drive you crazy! Monitor every move you make, literally. Even how often you use restroom. LOW PAY...first call center job, unaware of how much we were underpaid compared to other companies STRESSFUL... the clientele requires a lot of patience. Be prepared to be cursed out from time to time. The call time expectation is ridiculous considering the level of service they expect us to provide. POINT SYSTEM...very easy to accumulate 10 points and be terminated. Very high turnover rate because of this new rule. Use to be 25+ points.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Loved it!

Dec 10, 2017 - Order Entry in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really laid back. Easy job. Great co-workers. Supervisors always help when you need it. Quality team helps you improve your talk time. Easy system to operate. Pay was decent. Not a strict dress code.

Cons

Attendance point system is a little unfair. Customer service wasn't as fun as order entry. Some training classes don't teach very well. No smoking anywhere on property, you have to walk across the street to a median between the road.

1 person found this review helpful