QVC "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

QVC Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Sep 17, 2019

3.4
QVC CEO Mike George
Mike George
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Okay Part TIme Job"

Current Employee - Order Services

I have been working at QVC part-time

Pros

The pay is good for a part time job

Cons

Communication needs to improve with upper management

QVC2019-09-17

"Nepotism Runs Ramped"

Former Employee - Web Developer in West Chester, PA

I worked at QVC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The employee discount doesn’t come close to compensating the horrendous working conditions.

Cons

Unless you were related to upper management, kissed some serious butt, or were blonde with big t’s you were not going anywhere at QVC.

Advice to Management

Change the corporate culture of the entire company, starting with HR. If you are one of the chosen few, you love it here. Otherwise is pure drudgery working here.

QVC2019-09-11

"Order Entry Representative"

Current Employee - Order Entry Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at QVC part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Able to work from home Employee discount

Cons

Training is only 2 weeks There is no work life balance Systems are outdated and don’t function most of the time You will never get the same answer to a question from multiple people Upper management appears unorganized and uncaring Salary is not competitive-if I were a full time employee I wouldn’t be able to pay my rent You be allowed to make the same mistake for years, then receive and email telling you... that this is a warning when you were never told that you were doing something wrong

Advice to Management

Invest in technology Allow the front line management to make decisions. Pride is a joke! We don’t know our stats and the reports are never correct. No opportunity to make improvements since we can no longer see our daily numbers Invest in better workforce management

QVC2018-12-06
  4. "customer service Chesapeake"

Current Employee - Customer Service 20 Plus in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at QVC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The employees make the work environment a good place to work, they work as a team.

Cons

With upper management you're only a number a number in a seat. Not the top line of pay but not the low end is what they use to day, but now starting CAR pay 11.75. supervisors can teach you how to do the work. It's all about the numbers it's hard to balance your life because of the high seniority in the company you won't get a day off

Advice to Management

you're asking too much of your wraps with the demanding customer how about you and paste that you have that you're not willing to increase the seniority pay to a better rate 1% 2% because you have a 20 year or more within the company should pay.

QVC2018-05-12
  5. "Ok"

Current Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Rocky Mount, NC

I have been working at QVC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very good benefits and compensation

Cons

Upper management is very greedy

QVC2017-06-01

"So sad..."

Former Employee - Accounting in West Chester, PA

I worked at QVC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great coworkers, acceptable benefits, nice discount, nice facilities, great work/life balance.

Cons

Downsizing and shifting of responsibilities with no additional compensation. Minimal yearly raises but large increases in health insurance costs. Constant layoffs and/or fear of unprovoked job loss. Continual outsourcing of jobs. No accountability for upper management. It's no longer a great place to work unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Get back to the values that made this company great. Your greatest resource was your long term employees and you discarded them in favor of cheap labor.

QVC2017-04-18

"The Titanic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My coworkers and manager are fabulous - we are a real team.

Cons

I got a half a percent raise last year. Seriously. With a good review. This place used to be fun and engaging, but now it feels like a sinking ship. We're understaffed and forced to work harder and faster with fewer resources. When our issues are raised with upper management, employees are left feeling as though we CREATED the problems and poor sales. It's really sad because I used to love coming here every day, but... not anymore.

Advice to Management

Please pay employees for the work they do.

QVC2017-04-12

"Too corporate, groupthink rules, creative thinking tepressed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, steady employment, extra fringe benefits, fun exciting atmosphere to work in. Great work/ life balance

Cons

New ways of thinking are not encouraged by immediate managers (even though upper management encourages it). Managers shoot down underlings ideas then pick a variation of that idea to take credit for themselves. Borders on toxic. People with power throw their weight around just to establish power. Overrides decisions made by employees to let everyone know who has the power.

Advice to Management

upper management: make better decisions about who you put in middle and direct management. Don't always choose who is the "safe" bet. This is one of the reasons the company has issues.

QVC2017-02-20

"Used to be a great place"

Current Employee - Shipping in Rocky Mount, NC

I have been working at QVC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great health care, decent salary

Cons

Constant lies from upper management, abuse of scheduling, very disorganized, company puts more value on unobtainable EP numbers than employee well-being or safety despite constant pandering to the contrary.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing employees, forcing 6 day schedules and understand that warehouse work takes a toll on the body. Rising injury numbers reflect increased productivity with fewer team members scheduling has been pushing. Labor Management system is the worst thing to everify happen to this plant and the number of injuries over last 2 years reflect that.

QVC2017-02-03

"Operations Manager"

I worked at QVC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team is wonderful and the employees are a joy to work with.

Cons

Employees are under appreciated by upper management. A lot of Micromanaging by Shift Managers who often do not know their role but were placed due to who they know and not what they know.

QVC2017-01-14