Qatar Airways Reviews
57% would recommend to a friend
(1753 total reviews)
Akbar Al Baker
80% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good salary and future good" (in 296 reviews)
- "Good benefits are really good" (in 169 reviews)
- "Diverse workforce and good travel benefits" (in 81 reviews)
- "good pay and destinations accommodation provided isd also great" (in 37 reviews)
- "The work is a lot and so are expectations but the colleagues are good." (in 36 reviews)
- "The management is poor here" (in 138 reviews)
- "Nothing specific, except for the extended working hours." (in 38 reviews)
- "Based Culture / Lack of Flexibility" (in 37 reviews)
- "Bad managers with unclear motives and there will always be 1 nationality which rules the managerial team." (in 31 reviews)
- "Strict company with many rules to follow" (in 30 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Qatar Airways and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,753 of over 3K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Oct 11, 2023Customer ServiceFormer Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
Friendly and supportive management, flexible time
A lot of information to learn when it comes to new airline policy, safety and travel documents
- 4.0Apr 19, 2023Senior Cargo SalesFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsAtlanta, GA
Travel Benefits w/buddy pass health insurance Paid PTO Paid Sick time Maternity/paternity leave Great people and environment Trainings in HUB
No raises. (Not even yearly) If promoted only 10% raise guaranteed(if requesting higher… good luck) Bonus are not guaranteed. If you do get it it’s some where between 2-4weeks salary.(decided by hub team) New hires will walk in making more than seasoned staff.1
- 5.0Apr 24, 2023Human ResourcesCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsWashington, DC
Great benefits, especially 401(k). Most benefits were pretty good.
Compensation could be better and more growth opportunities.
- 1.0May 17, 2023Sr. AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
Qatar Airways itself, the company is very good likewise the benefits and salary, culture and values.
The ASM is so inefficient, unprofessional, shouts all the time literally everywhere and does micro manage. Not a healthy work environment to be with especially Atlanta station.
- 4.0Jan 24, 2023MarketingFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Great benefits, fun team to work with
No room for promotion without moving to Doha Bad work/life balance sometimes
- 3.0Jun 23, 2022Senior Sales ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
global company, professional work environment ; great benefits, good insurance coverage.
extracurricular work very common; limited opportunity for salary increase.
- 1.0Jul 22, 2022Senior Acount ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Great product, great service. Great Country.
Terrible leadership in the NYC office. Long, long hours in front of your computer. No support from leadership team. No authority to make decisions for your customers.2
Qatar Airways Reviews FAQs
Qatar Airways has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 2,930 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Qatar Airways to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
57% of Qatar Airways employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Qatar Airways 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.