KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 252 of over 273 reviews

2.5
QinetiQ US President Mary Williams
Mary Williams
Pros
  • "Free coffee and tea all day long(in 14 reviews)

• "good benefits, work life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management looks down on everyone(in 12 reviews)

• "Upper management doesn't really care too much about their employees(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

The Best Company I Have Ever Worked For

Dec 28, 2020 - Manager in Lorton, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am so proud to work for a company that supports the U.S. military. The systems we create are amazing. I greatly enjoy collaborating with my teammates as they truly are some of the brightest and most kind people I have ever met. I have the perfect amount of flexibility and work-life balance. I have no plans of leaving any time soon!

Cons

I miss being in the office and spending time with my teammates but I completely understand that this is just not safe right now during the pandemic. I appreciate the measures the company has taken to keep us safe.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

QinetiQ US Response

We love this! Thank you for the glowing review and positive feedback!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing Company- Honest Review

Jul 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Get to work with some of the most talented employees on your team and within the organization. Sharing of ideas and culture between employees is amazing...employees and coworkers are always willing to help each other out and work as a team to get deadlines and management goals accomplished. -Benefit packages is reasonable and not too bad; compensation is higher here than other companies offer which is amazing to see...shows that the company values the employee talent -Lots of room for bringing value in which each employee can bring a much-needed value to improvement ideas and creating even better processes than currently implemented. Your hard work and dedication to the company will noticed by management immediately.

Cons

-Work/life balance is non-existent. As many small-mid size companies, you need to ensure you are ready to work hard and put in the time to help the company grow. Hard will pay off but you should not complain about the workload but rather put your dedication in your career and opportunity will arise. Processes are sometimes undefined, which can be painful at times but every company growing goes through this and it brings opportunity for you to come in and show your value/talent. -Outdated Systems- Need to update and improve on getting systems for departments to keep up with the fast pace of growing and technology advances other companies have

QinetiQ US Response

We recognize that our teammates are extraordinarily talented and hardworking. We understand the importance of recognition and encourage our managers to recognize their team both individually and as a team. In reference to work-life balance, we do not condone teammates regularly working 60-70 hours per week and encourage all to take the well-deserved time off. Your wellbeing is important to us. #WeAreQInc.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

OK, but needs improvement

Aug 9, 2021 - Mechanical Engineer in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with were great.

Cons

Recent merger was not lead or organized well. A lot of recent layoffs, but only in Massachusetts.

QinetiQ US Response

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the people you worked with. In reference to the recent layoffs, we understand that this type of action, while it was necessary to ensure the long-term growth and prosperity of the company, is difficult for both those colleagues who are impacted and those that remain in the business. We would like to learn more about how you think we could improve going forward and kindly invite you to contact feedback@us.qinetiq.com to discuss.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working on cutting edge Technologies

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Lorton, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will work on the latest software and technologies. Good work/life balance. Good benefits. Opportunity to grow.

Cons

Sometimes you may need to work late hours for on time delivery to customers.

QinetiQ US Response

Thank you for the four-star review and for your 3-4 years of work with QinetiQ Inc.! We are excited to know that our robust benefits packages, growth opportunities, and cutting-edge technology is recognized by teammates. We also appreciate you acknowledging that although you may sometimes need to work late to meet deadlines for customers, you still have work-life balance. Thank you for all that you do! #WeAreQInc.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Salary

Aug 17, 2021 - Information Technology in Lorton, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pros Nothing has been done for employees. They lie about everything that all what they do

Cons

Less salary & double work Don’t hire anyone Make you do double work and there’s no career growth

4 people found this review helpful

QinetiQ US Response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and would like to get more details about how you think we could improve compensation packages and career paths. In reference to the "Advice to Management," we would certainly like to delve deeper into this comment with you to better understand what is meant by this. All teammates are paid on time in accordance with our payroll calendar and offered competitive benefits packages to include the following options: 401K, health insurance, and dental/vision insurance, just to name a few. We invite you to please contact feedback@us.qinetiq.com so we can discuss further.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Downhill FAST

Aug 9, 2021 - Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

Low-level grunt workers are the best I've worked with. The (formerly) diverse portfolio means there was always something interesting to work on.

Cons

Direction of the company has caused consistent downturns every year for 6 years. Layoff after layoff after layoff. New CEO is not committed to the existing business lines. Impossible to meet customer needs with diminishing workforce. A violent and abusive upper level manager managed to survive layoffs while actual workers were sent packing. No bonuses. Pittance raises. Terrible benefits. The values that made the company great are forgotten with the new CEO/management. No longer is it about survivability of the warfighter. Now it's just throwing guns on a platform and abandoning products that made the company unique. AVOID

5 people found this review helpful

QinetiQ US Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We fully understand and are sensitive to the fact that layoffs can be emotionally charged events and we have tried to support all teammates during this time of transition. There have been layoffs recently as a result of several external factors that have affected our business. Like the customers we support, we had to reprioritize, reducing some areas in which demand is waning to provide additional resources to areas which are likely to grow in the future. Regarding the situation you mentioned with the "violent and abusive" manager we take this claim and the well-being of our teammates very seriously. We have not received any complaints of this and ask that you please contact us at feedback@us.qinetiq.com to discuss. In addition, we would like to learn more about how you think we could improve compensation structure.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting projects, but hard culture

Jul 21, 2021 - Principal Mechanical Engineer in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Projects are cool and when actually doing the engineering its great. Some very technical people. Flexible hours.

Cons

Many projects are rushed and no time to actually do the engineering correctly. Just put something together as the rest of the process is very slow. Changing things are very difficult even when proven to be wrong.

QinetiQ US Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you acknowledging our innovative work, technical teammates, and schedule flexibility. You mention that making positive improvements can be difficult. We value your opinion and would like to know more about this. Please reach out to feedback@us.qinetiq.com so we can further explore these ideas.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Fulfilling work, chaotic environment

Jun 25, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work is exciting and fulfilling The team is intelligent, collaborative, supportive, diligent I would recommend to a certain kind of person

Cons

Inconsistent, incomplete communication from upper management Unrealistic expectations on projects Onboarding is limited at best People have too many divergent responsibilities, leading to inefficiency and a general feeling of chaos.

QinetiQ US Response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Thank you for noting our cutting-edge work and outstanding teammates. In reference to project expectations and teammate responsibilities, it is no secret that we are a very fast paced, customer focused, Mission-Led Innovator. We would like to learn more about how you think communication from upper management to teammates could be improved and ask that you please reach out to feedback@us.qinetiq.com.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work... if You Like Being Overworked and Underpaid

Jun 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great coworkers -Snacks and paid lunches

Cons

-Subpar benefits -Horrendously poor and unsupportive leadership -Poor work/life balance -HQ is in a terrible location -Job aged me 10 years

4 people found this review helpful

QinetiQ US Response

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed working with QinetiQ Inc. teammates and benefits, such as company lunches. We are surprised to hear about your dissatisfaction with work life balance as we pride ourselves on offering ample flexibility and autonomy to teammates. We see that you mention some benefits and our HQ location being subpar and would like to learn more about this. We invite you to contact feedback@us.qinetiq.com to provide greater detail. QinetiQ Inc. works with our broker to ensure that we have an attractive benefits package for our employees. We offer a cadre of health benefits to meet the various needs of our employees. According to industry benchmarks, two of our plans are rated as Platinum and one is rated as Gold.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Ok firm

Jun 12, 2021 - Vice President in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great tech environment innovative technical team

Cons

Significant management infighting highly political. Team does not think strategically.

QinetiQ US Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and acknowledging our cutting-edge technology and engineers. We would like to know more about your perspective on team dynamics and invite you to please contact us at feedback@us.qinetiq.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 252 Reviews