Cover image for QinetiQ US

QinetiQ US CEO Shawn Purvis
Shawn Purvis

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Incompetent management, lack of knowledge sharing and professionalism.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Leadership is based on patronage, limited mobility and severe pigeon holing.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Layoffs are common...almost every year and they are not target towards the worst employees, but have a very random pattern that seems to surprisingly surprise everyone.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Upper management is constantly changing and each new manager feels a need to reorganize and that has put this company through repetitive centralize/decentralize cycles.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Simply reorganizing and growing divisions by amalgamation works on the premise that the divisional managers and support staff can cope and this is not the case.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of QinetiQ US and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Exciting Technology

Dec 1, 2021 - Sales Representative in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible life experience and amazing technology. Under new leadership who truly cares about there employees.

Cons

There are really no cons. Great salaries, Great leaders, and awesome benefits. Not to mention the technology is amazing. Everyday is a new challenge.

QinetiQ US Response

Thank you for this wonderful review! We appreciate it and are dedicated to maintaining and enhancing employee satisfaction.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent company!

Oct 9, 2022 - Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership, benefits, career advancement, flexible work hours

Cons

The Facilities could be refurbished

QinetiQ US Response

Thank you for providing feedback. We love to hear that you enjoy our leadership, benefits, career advancement, and flexible working hours. We are committed to fostering a culture in which our employees feel valued and want to grow within. In reference to our facilities being refurbished, this is an ongoing process, and we continue to do updates across all of our locations. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please reach out to feedback@us.qinetiq.com.

3. Join the QinetiQ US team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

People

Nov 21, 2022 - FIN/Acct
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of people to work with!

Cons

Really not much I can say on this topic!

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Depends On What You Want

Sep 23, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, small to mid-sized company, good co-workers for the most part.

Cons

HIGH turnover rate, lots of juniors, not much organization and quality communication from managers. Felt like it was run like a mom and pop shop, No career advancement within the company whatsoever.

2 people found this review helpful

QinetiQ US Response

Thank you for the feedback and for acknowledging our competitive pay. We are happy to know that you enjoy working with your colleagues. In reference to communication from managers, our employee engagement results show high levels of satisfaction. Since this does not seem to be the case in your department, we are interested to learn more and explore how this can be improved. We encourage you to reach out to feedbck@us.qinetiq.com. We recognize that you are a current employee and would hate to see you go before we can work to improve in these categories you mention.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Micro Management is King!

Sep 18, 2022 - Electromechanical Assembler in Lorton, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was reasonable for the Loron location, plus the health insurance covered all of needs.

Cons

Inexperienced manager and lead. Company needs leadership courses to help management with leadership skills.

QinetiQ US Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you acknowledging our competitive compensation and benefits structure. In reference to inexperienced management, we would like to learn more about this and invite you to contact feedback@us.qinetiq.com to discuss further.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rising to the Occasion!

Aug 14, 2022 - Sr. Manager, Operations in Franklin, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy the cross functional collaboration used to resolve real world and day to day issues. It’s nice to be able to be challenged and challenge others constructively. There is a wealth of talent and knowledge, and the employees really put their best effort to use, especially when rallying to overcome daunting circumstances faced by many in this current business market.

Cons

I’m disappointed by the amount of employee turnover. It creates additional challenges and set-backs to being able to build momentum and maintain team cohesion.

QinetiQ US Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We love to hear that there is strong teamwork. We intend to continue communicating candidly and frequently. Thank you for all that you do for QinetiQ.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Aug 4, 2022 - HR Business Partner in Lorton, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility is offered and the managers trust you to do your job without micromanagement. The culture is a friendly environment, good people to work with

Cons

I do not have cons to share

QinetiQ US Response

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are happy to know that you enjoy the flexibility and culture of QinetiQ. Thank you for all that you do for the company every day.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

3 months in and QinetiQ has been the best switch I could have made!

Jul 7, 2022 - Action Officer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic leadership, my manager allows me the flexibility to work freely with my contracting company and handles most requirements from QinetiQ. Great pay, QinetiQ is very competitive with the market and offers better competing pay over other companies

Cons

Better equipment, hosting contract agency furnished everything for the office, it would be nice if QinetiQ offered better laptops or monitors.

QinetiQ US Response

We love to hear this! Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to offer competitive pay to our employees. We hire the best and they deserve the best. Please reach out to IT if you would like to upgrade your at-home monitors. We are committed to ensuring our employees are able to work efficiently. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please reach out to feedback@us.qinetiq.com.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Could be better

Jun 22, 2022 - Electrical Engineer in Lorton, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, great experience, good co workers

Cons

Leadership, Merit increases, Lack of Bonuses

QinetiQ US Response

We are happy to hear that you enjoy the work and your colleagues. We would like to know more about how you feel leadership could be improved. We appreciate all you have done for the company for over four years and hope to have a conversation with you to discuss this. We ask that you please reach out to feedback@us.qinetiq.com.

11. 5.0

Great Place to work

May 26, 2022 - Software Product Lead in Lorton, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Support provided by HR, Legal and other teams. Good Salary and benefits. Great covid and work from home policy

Cons

None so far. Lets see how it goes.

QinetiQ US Response

We love to hear that you feel supported and enjoy our company benefits. Thank you for the feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 282 Reviews
</>Embed

QinetiQ US Reviews FAQs

QinetiQ US has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 306 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at QinetiQ US to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 13% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, QinetiQ US employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at QinetiQ US. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

62% of QinetiQ US employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated QinetiQ US 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at QinetiQ US to be compensation, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with QinetiQ US Job Seekers