Find jobs for Instructor

Qkids Instructor Reviews

Updated Jan 16, 2022

Found 13 of over 654 reviews

4.5
Qkids Founder Xutian Fu (no image)
Xutian Fu

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,873

959 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Qkids and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

The best company out there

Oct 19, 2021 - Online ESL Instructor in Springville, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to take time off Cute kids Guaranteed payment Cultural awareness Immediate feedback

Cons

Early morning hours Young students Only 5 classes on weekday morning Can't teach back to back Built in breaks between classes

2. 4.0
    Former Contractor

Well Paying Easy Job

Dec 30, 2021 - Online ESL Instructor
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked my job a lot and completed five contracts before my contract wasn't renewed (I think this was because of a combo of my decreased commitment of time/energy and the new regulations in China. But the job was good and I built up a savings while being a student. Students were cute and it was an easy way to make money while pursuing my bachelors. Schedule was very flexible with the opportunity to cancel within five hours if you are unable to teach, though it's better if you don't cancel.

Cons

Classes get repetitive very quickly. There is no opportunity for promotion or growth of pay or added experience. Also early mornings and late nights can get exhausting especially during winter with the time difference. Sometimes hours can be unpredictable, though regular attendance and good reviews can help.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Teaching Chinese students English through the Qkids A/V platform.

Nov 19, 2020 - English Instructor in Gotha, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

High flexibility. Pay is okay.

Cons

Hours for East coast are early morning and mid-to-late evening. As long as you can structure your sleep schedule adequately, its' definitely doable. The U.S. Daylight saving time can throw people into whack more than usual for a week or 2. China only observes 1 time zone so it doesn't recognize Daylight saving time. When the U.S. switches it's time, if you haven't remembered to communicate to Qkids, your typically-scheduled times will now be an hour earlier. When you adjust your availability with them, it can take up to 2 weeks to record, so no letting them know Monday morning that your availability for the rest of the week and on should be a different time. You'll have to go through the whole week before the availability adjustment takes effect.

4. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great work from home job

Jan 9, 2021 - Online ESL Instructor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Short class intervals, make your own schedule, very responsive supervisors, great communication with staff, supportive coach

Cons

Need very reliable and steady internet connection and a good work space

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Flexible Schedule

Feb 10, 2021 - Instructor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very easy to cancel lessons and plan your own schedule. Easy program to pick up on

Cons

You never know when the supervisors are watching you which is intimidating, China hours

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Convenient with decent pay with a few points of concern

Feb 21, 2020 - Instructor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Convenient. Wake up and get ready and sit at the computer and start teaching. You don't create lesson plans, you guide the students through the activities in the virtual classroom. Decent pay.

Cons

Company doesn't communicate well or clearly. Had to set up part of my house as the "classroom" which students see. Had to buy headset (minor expense). Had to obtain a TESOL certificate which cost time and money and the company didn't reimburse us for either. My impression is lately they are desperate for teachers, practically begging us to take extra classes. I didn't like having to supply a "passport style photo" plus my driver's license number. The Chinese government adding rules and regulations and asking for so much personal information.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Good not Great

Nov 12, 2020 - Instructor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, set your own schedule

Cons

Have to work very early in the morning, schedule isn't consistently filled since covid

8. 1.0
    Former Freelancer, less than 1 year

Will not go back

Aug 6, 2019 - Instructor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The students. I enjoyed teaching very much.

Cons

Admin. speaks little English, Has heavy requirements for tech and rarely responds to help.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible. JIUQU releases you despite High Scores and no way to appeal yourself.

Jan 2, 2017 - English Instructor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home was always a plus and the children are engaging.

Cons

Always maintained above 4.75 but they were "Ending cooperation" because some parents say it's too loud and that I speak low when 90% of the parents are shouting and talking while the class is going on. Despite maintaining the score my "cooperation" ended without me defending myself. Total BS, Work carefully.

14 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Staggeringly Low Pay To Start

Feb 25, 2019 - Applicant for Online Instructor
    Business Outlook

Pros

This seemed like it would be a good way for me to make some extra money and do something I enjoy.

Cons

The pay is absurdly low. They told me it would be $8 a lesson, which is ridiculous. They’re also based in China so you have to be available at odd hours.

5 people found this review helpful