KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Qkids

Is this your company?

Qkids

Add a Review

Qkids Employee Reviews about "pay"

Updated Jun 22, 2022

Found 250 of over 719 reviews

4.6
Qkids Founder Xutian Fu (no image)
Xutian Fu

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "I received another text message asking if I would teach another two classes but no job offer.(in 20 reviews)
  • "It is a contractor position, so there are no benefits as an individual is contracted to work with Qkids.(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Qkids and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very Understanding Laid Back Company

Jun 11, 2022 - Online English Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff is very responsive and always willing to help with absolutely anything, from class materials, tech issues, to needing to reschedule/cancel classes. They really go above and beyond. Always friendly. Easy to hit bonuses (see cons below about bonus structure) Flexible Schedule Very easy to follow Pre-planned lessons

Cons

The pay/hr is misleading to those interested in the company because you do not actually get paid per hour. You are paid/lesson which is less than 30 minutes. You are not compensated for the short breaks in between classes, So a full 'hour' of pay would actually be a little more than an hour of work. Little incentives or room for career growth. The bonuses are easy to hit but they do not add that much to your pay. That can be disheartening after teaching for months or years and you are still getting the same pay as someone who is a new hire and who also may be a worse teacher. Lessons (especially beginner lessons) become extremely boring. This becomes easier after your first contract since the many of the beginner lessons are put on new teachers.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

worked as a teacher over a year

Feb 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay and you pick your time slots

Cons

Have had many software issues which causes cancelled classes

3 people found this review helpful

Qkids Response

Marketing Representative

We appreciate your sincere comment. We are striving to improve the software constantly to provide teachers with a stable platform. Thank you so much for your understanding and support!

3. 4.0
    Former Contractor

Good job

May 3, 2021 - English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, kids are fun

Cons

The hours are super early or really late. It’s very stressful to worry about what the parents think and how they will rate you which effects pay.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee

lower pay than most, pay system is unclear and lesson bonus is rarely guaranteed

Apr 17, 2019 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good platform, interactive and students are good for the most part.

Cons

You can be a very good teacher here and still not get the pay you are entitled to. Unless you get a positive rating from EACH AND EVERY student/parent in the class, you won't get your lesson bonus. That means that you must please every student and parent every time, for each student in every class. While it is possible to be likeable and make most happy, it is not possible to make everyone happy 100% of the time (some kids do not cooperate in the lesson and some parents are unreasonable). Therefore, getting your lesson bonus is not guaranteed. For example, if 3 out of 4 parents liked your lesson you won't get the bonus as feedback wasn't 100% perfect. At Qkids it is also difficult to see how they are calculating your pay. Not straightforward and clear payment system.

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Teacher

Aug 10, 2018 - Teacher in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is amazing to work for! I've worked for them for 6 weeks now, but they've already far exceeded my expectations. I've taught with several different online companies, but this is the only one I would recommend. They pay is very good (I earn about $20 per teaching hour). The staff is incredibly supportive (both for technical help and teaching guidance). The kids are amazing to work with. And the program is second to none! It's incredibly interactive. I think I have just as much fun using it as the kids =)

Cons

None that I can think of.

1 person found this review helpful

Qkids Response

Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for your sincere comments~ We are glad to have you in our Qkids family. We truly appreciate your effort, devotion, and support for our Qkids family! Happy teaching~

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love Jiuqu!

Aug 25, 2017 - ESL Teacher in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love everything about working with Jiuqu. The management and staff are extremely helpful, understanding and polite. The children are absolutely adorable and are eager to learn. The pay is good and best of all everything is done from the comfort of your home. As a full time mom to a two year old, its a wonderful opportunity to do what I love and be able to provide for my child.

Cons

A few technical difficulties here and there, but its expected. other than that, i have no negative comments to say about Jiuqu.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great work experience

Apr 25, 2017 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with JiuQu since November 2016 and I love teaching ESL to the kids. The lessons are all pre-planned, so with just a little review in advance, I feel confident teaching. The pay is more than fair and I love the flexible nature of the job. I can make it work in addition to my regular job.

Cons

You will need to adjust to working in a time zone 12 hours ahead of EST, but that becomes easier after a few weeks.

8. 5.0

great

Mar 24, 2020 - Teacher in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

the pay is great and kids are nice

Cons

the hours are very early

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love working for JiuQu

Aug 25, 2017 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

This job allows me to stay at home with my son and make some extra money. The hours are great, as I'm done with classes before he's even awake. Communication with management is also wonderful, considering the 15 hour time difference where I'm located. Staff truly care about their teachers and answer all questions. Taking time off is also very easy. Vacation, sickness, or other is easy to take off. They're very understanding and really care about their teachers. The software is easy to navigate and very interactive! The students are also very polite and eager to learn. The pay is really great for how easy and enjoyable this job is. I wish I would have found JiuQu earlier.. it's been a great experience and I plan to stay at this company for a long time.

Cons

The software tends to have issues at times. Also, the text box in the classroom doesn't always work. Some students don't know the review material and this can be challenging at times for the teacher. Stickers get old and need to be replaced with new ones in the classroom.

10. 1.0

Dont work here

Feb 6, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good and its fun

Cons

No training what so ever. Classes are 30 mins long. I finished a class in 28 mins and they let me go. I was so mad because they never told me what would happen if you finished early. They suck.

21 people found this review helpful