KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Qkids

Is this your company?

Qkids

Add a Review

Qkids Employee Reviews about "schedule"

Updated Jul 4, 2022

Found 136 of over 720 reviews

4.5
Qkids Founder Xutian Fu (no image)
Xutian Fu

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "I received another text message asking if I would teach another two classes but no job offer.(in 21 reviews)
  • "It is a contractor position, so there are no benefits as an individual is contracted to work with Qkids.(in 9 reviews)
  • "You have to start class before the actual start time which cuts your already small breaks (10 mins) even shorter.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Qkids and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Working for JiuQu English

Aug 25, 2017 - Online English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall this is a great company to work with. Lesson plans are all prepared for you. The interactions are fun and engaging for the kids. The staff is also very kind and pleasant to work with. One evening I suddenly was very sick and had to cancel 3 of my classes last minute. It was no problem. Also it's easy to schedule time off in adavance if you need it for any reason. I'm very happy with the support provided to the teachers. A huge plus is also that they provide training for each of the grades you teach. If I ever have a question about a lesson plan it's easy for me to comtact my trainer and ask for clarification. They have always been very prompt in providing assistance. Lastly the kids I've had the opportunity to work with are really lovely. Eager to learn and lots of happy faces. Makes it easier to get up so early.

Cons

I am not a morning person so waking up early is challenging. Also sometimes there are technical issues and it can be difficult to hear the kids.

2. 4.0
    Former Freelancer

Probably one of the best Online English companies to work for

Jan 23, 2021 - Teacher in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great platform, no lesson planning - very flexible with schedule (within workable hours) - students are fun and well-behaved.

Cons

- no job security - hours are 4:50 am to 8 am every morning EST (daylight savings time) and 7:30 pm to 11:20 pm on Fri and Sat

3. 3.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Sweet Kids But Infrequent and Inconvenient Hours

Apr 7, 2021 - Online English Teacher in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedule and Cute kids

Cons

Strange hours and unreliable schedule--can vary from week to week.

4. 5.0

Great Company

Dec 8, 2021 - Online ESL Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and schedule. Great pay with bonuses. Patient and understanding staff. Helpful and prompt support team.

Cons

No cons. This is a great company to work for.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was a very good expirence.

Feb 3, 2019 - Teacher in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are very flexible with hours and schedule.

Cons

I didnt find any flaws working there.

6. 5.0

ESL Teacher

Sep 6, 2017 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for JiuQu for a little over a month and so far I'm really happy. The pay is great, the flexibility of working from home is great, and the students are so cute. Most of the students really are motivated to learn. The curriculum JiuQu has designed is very high quality, and not having to prep lesson plans or grade papers is absolutely awesome. The staff are very kind and usually very responsive. They provide lots of trainings to be sure you are prepared. While some people don't like waking up early, I really like getting up early, and finishing the teaching by 9:15 so I can start my day! It makes for a really flexible schedule and lets me have other part time jobs and pursue other interests. I hope I get to continue working for them for a while, because it's a great company.

Cons

Sometimes the app crashes/gets disconnected. Also there are limited hours available to work, so it's only part time.

7. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Good for the pandemic

Jun 27, 2021 - Online EFL Teacher in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really flexible hours and decent pay if you have the certification! Management team is super responsive, and the one time there was an issue with my pay getting through they were quick and accommodating to correct it. Served me well during lockdown

Cons

If you live in north america it can be hard to put together a full schedule without severely impacting your sleep. Waking up at 4am every day takes its toll! Still, not their fault that there's a time difference.

8. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Great experience

Mar 1, 2021 - Online English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Choose your schedule and flexibility if you need to cancel or change schedule week to week. 1-4 students per class, small classroom sizes. Staff are super responsive and helpful when needed.

Cons

Never teach the same students more than once (can’t develop relationship with them)

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Needs significant improvement

Aug 22, 2018 - Online English Teacher in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

$16/hr US is alright, better than minimum wage no lesson prep needed flexible schedule - can change your schedule at any time with minor penalties (this is the main good thing about the company) I gave this company a thumbs up because it's so flexible and you can work from anywhere and the pay is above minimum wage.

Cons

I used to be really happy with this company and thought of it as a 5-star company. Now, I've been with them for a year and am really quite disillusioned. They give no preference, raises, or loyalty to staff who've been with the company longer. They give and take lessons at random, even without telling you in advance. When you say you're available for 20 lessons, hands down at least 5 of them are standbys, which means you won't actually make as much money as you … (although my friend who just joined the company doesn't get standbys, but I'm guessing that's because she's new.) They also put you smack dab in the middle of a story and they don’t tell you what happened before, so the kids know more than you and then you have to help kids answer open ended questions about what happened in the story earlier on. When the review question to start the lesson off asks “What did the witch do to Jack?” and I don’t know… how am I supposed to fill time here if the students don’t know either?? They also ask open-ended questions suggestions that are grammatically incorrect, such as “If you eat peanuts, what would have happened?” Questions like these are incredibly frustrating. The verb tenses are wrong. And on top of this, they ask hypothetical questions when they haven't taught kids how to use hypotheticals (e.g. "If I had... I would...), so they can't answer the question properly. Not only that, but sometimes (it's rare, but is still there) the curriculum asks a student a question saying "There is no food, why?" Instead of saying "Why is there no food here?" If people are paying for English lessons, they shouldn't be learning improper ways of asking questions (and English speakers wouldn't even say that). Also, I have no idea what their level/rating system is, but there are very low level students that get up to the higher levels and I have no idea how… How do children get to a high level (e.g. L9) when it’s clear that they don’t understand what you're saying (eg. you ask them a question and then they repeat the question you just asked them)??? There is too much variation in who can make it to L6, L9, etc. Also, the curriculum teaches them how to interpret 5 star ratings and is telling them that 3 stars = good. These kinds of cultural things, or mistranslations/misunderstandings, will prove significant in the end. If those kids end up owning a restaurant that only has 3 star ratings, they might not make so much money. After saying all this, I am still working for them because of their scheduling flexibility and because it's $20/hr in my currency, which is better paying than other jobs around. However, I just wish the company would pay me better and actually have native English speakers on staff doing customer service and overseeing the curriculum. Simple changes could have big results.

11 people found this review helpful

Qkids Response

Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such valuable suggestions for us! We do value our loyal teachers a lot and we take your suggestions seriously. We have forwarded your comments to our curriculum design team, and we are hiring more and more native speakers to assist us in curriculum design. We are very sorry that you felt there is nowhere to report issues when they arise. Please, please do feel free to report any issue to our Class Coordinator Team or your coach! Class Coordinator Team will always be there during your teaching hour and our coaches will reply to you as soon as possible. We will only take your report seriously and help you with them. Nothing will go against you as we appreciate all the input for us! If you would like to give advice anonymously, please feel free to write anonymous emails to our Class Coordination Team or your coach, we are always glad to pass your messages to the management! We appreciate all your devotion and your suggestions! Thank you very much!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love this company

Jan 2, 2019 - ESL Online Teacher in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The lessons are fun and require little preparation once you know the content and games. The QKids team is always pleasant and fair to deal with. The children are usually bright and fun to tutor. Although props help sometimes, the rewards system is built in and props aren't required so that means less stuff to manage so you can focus on the material.

Cons

The schedule is done the week prior so you can't pick up any extra classes on short notice. The pay could be better.

2 people found this review helpful