KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Qkids

Is this your company?

Qkids

Add a Review

Qkids Employee Reviews about "technical issues"

Updated Dec 29, 2020

Found 27 of over 640 reviews

4.6
Qkids Founder Xutian Fu (no image)
Xutian Fu
Pros
  • "Good pay, get to work from home(in 45 reviews)

• "Work from home at your own time(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The early morning or late night (with DST) might be a bit tough to deal with(in 51 reviews)

• "The technical side is always improving but it can be frustrating when technical issues happen that are out of my control(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,871

959 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Qkids and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "technical issues"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor

Flexible part-time job

Dec 29, 2020 - Online ESL Teacher in Lexington-Fayette, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Qkids is very reasonable with your schedule and taking time off. The support staff is very kind and helpful. The platform is wonderfully interactive and easy to teach from.

Cons

The technical side is always improving but it can be frustrating when technical issues happen that are out of my control. Parents can leave a bad review that affects your standing when there was nothing you could do to fix the situation.

2. 5.0

Fantastic work

May 5, 2017 - ESL Teacher in Rexburg, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for JiuQu is really wonderful. I've been working for them for over half a year and I've not had problems with management; they really easy to work with and really some of the friendliest bosses (if not people) I've worked with. And I love teaching the kids! They're so cute and so much fun! I like teaching the children that can speak a little more English, but I know other teachers who like teachers beginners more. You'll get every experience. It's also really great part-time pay. Base pay is $16 but super easy to reach bonuses to get $20 an hour. I also move a lot, so it's really convenient and nice to have steady work wherever I go (even though it's just part time). I know I'll always have work and income. It's also great work experience, especially if you want to continue doing ESL work (which I am pursuing). For many, it'll just be part-time work, but it is literally the best part-time work you'll ever find.

Cons

-Depending on where you live (the further west in the US the earlier you have to get up to teach) it can be very early in the morning, which can be a little rough if you go to bed late. -There can be some minor technical issues with the software. But usually, it's on the students' end. For example, their mics won't work so you can't hear them or their camera's broken so you can see them. It can make things a little more difficult.

51 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Easy Side Hustle

Aug 10, 2019 - ESL Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kids are fun, no prep required, flexible schedule, easy to ask off/change schedule

Cons

Occasional tough class due to technical issues or interesting behavior from students/parents

4. 5.0

Great Job

Aug 29, 2018 - English Teacher in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can work from home and basically set your own hours. I have a full time job so the times actually fit well with my schedule. The staff is always helpful and understanding when things come up, and you can not attend a lesson. The kids are usually eager to learn, and as a result easy to teach. Lessons are all prepared by the company, so only minimal prep work is required.

Cons

There are some technical issues from time to time with the program, but they have been improving lately. During the off- peak season it can be harder to get a full schedule, but as I have another job it is not really an issue for me. So I would not recommend Qkids as a sole source of income. You do need some flexibility as weird things can happen during lessons, and on occasion you will have a very young child who does not want to be there.

7 people found this review helpful

Qkids Response

Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for your valuable input! We truly appreciate all your efforts and your understanding of our company! We are constantly striving to better our platform and service for our dearest teachers like you and we believe you will see our improvement as always! Happy teaching!

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The rumors about being fired for no reason are true

Sep 26, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The kids are absolutely adorable and the curriculum is wonderful. The hours work great for stay at home moms or anyone else who wants to work in the mornings and have the rest of the day to themselves. You can work from anywhere as long as you have internet plugged in and a headset. Decent pay.

Cons

SO many technical issues. Not exaggerating, there was a technical issue with at least one of my classes every single day. The IT support team was not helpful at all, they would just tell you to restart your program, which causes you to log out of the class and then your class is automatically passed to a standby teacher and you're marked as absent. I was also fired without reason. I had no absences, great ratings from students and parents. I got an email out of the blue that I was terminated. When I messaged them to ask why, they couldn't find a reason and offered to give me a another chance, to which I absolutely declined. They have recently overhired and teachers are not getting their normal hours, many are only teaching 1-2 classes a day instead of a full schedule. Communication is rough. You can email for time off way in advance and they'll approve it and still schedule you to work on those days, causing you absences. No Contract. You can be fired at any time and for no reason. There is zero job security.

7 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Working at JiuQu

Aug 27, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are many (I really love this job!): -The kids are the best! So sweet and almost always smiling and ready to learn--wonderful! -The training staff and support staff are superb! They are quick to answer any questions and the training is clear and comprehensive. -The lesson plans are well done, and the animation is engaging. -The website is easy to access and use. -Payment is always prompt and there is a clear breakdown of payment on the website.

Cons

-Sometimes there are technical issues. Usually logging in and out resolves these, but occasionally kids miss out on a lesson or part of a lesson due to issues. The staff is wonderful but I think they get flooded with questions sometimes and can't always get to everyone on time. -I do worry about my ratings quite a bit. It is hard to tell why they go up or down sometimes. I've had classes that I thought went very well and then notice I'm down a bit and vice versa. I'd love to see some constructive feedback.

7. 5.0

Teacher

Aug 26, 2017 - English Language Teacher in Idaho Falls, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kids are FABULOUS! I love the kids!! JQ is great with schedule flexibility, program is great and easy to work with.

Cons

Hours are very early or pretty late, however I don't really feel that's a con in my case because it allows me to work and not miss any time with my baby!! Sometimes there are technical issues where you cannot hear the student, and even when trying to resolve with the parents or service desk, sometimes still cannot get this resolved.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

What a blessing this job is!!

Aug 26, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have just been working for Jiuqu for a week. I love this job so much!!! I love it because I get to see and work with children on the other side of the world. I love that I can teach early in the morning and still be able to do what I want with my day. I teach classes at night after my son goes to bed. The biggest blessing about this job is that it works well with my husband's work schedule. I can still stay at home with my 10-year-old son and still be involved with his school schedule and help him with homework.

Cons

The only con I can think of is not having access to parent surveys. Technical issues from time to time.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Job for a Stay-At-Home-Mom!

Aug 26, 2017 - ESL Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, kind management, weekly opportunity for bonuses, fun environment, pre-arranged curriculum/lessons, opportunity to be creative

Cons

There will be some technical issues (as expected) when teaching online- it sometimes can bring your rating down for the day/week.

10. 5.0

I love JQ!

May 3, 2017 - Teacher in Lexington-Fayette, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for JiuQu has given me the opportunity to work while staying home with my daughter. The pay is great for minimal hours. I can put my Associate's degree to use. The software is adorable (We all love Kobee the Koala and Momo the Monkey). Staff is always available to assist. You get a bonus for referring people. Weekly bonuses for good ratings and attendance. Staff is understanding, flexible, and patient. Standby teachers are available if you have an emergency and need to pass. Based on your teaching performance, you have the ability to move forward to teach higher level lessons. The kids are great!!!!!!!

Cons

The software sometimes has technical issues.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews