KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Qkids

Is this your company?

Qkids

Add a Review

Qkids Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Apr 10, 2020

Found 43 of over 640 reviews

4.6
Qkids Founder Xutian Fu (no image)
Xutian Fu
Pros
  • "Good pay, get to work from home(in 45 reviews)

• "Work from home at your own time(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The early morning or late night (with DST) might be a bit tough to deal with(in 51 reviews)

• "The technical side is always improving but it can be frustrating when technical issues happen that are out of my control(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,871

959 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Qkids and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor

Great Company

Mar 7, 2020 - Online English Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, get to work from home

Cons

early mornings and late nights

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Scam Company

Sep 9, 2019 - Online English Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can work from home.

Cons

Pays are only once a month and hiring team is not truthful. I had a recent experience with Qkids where I passed the two interviews and then had to teach two trial classes. I was told that you get up to five chances to improve and get coaching between trial classes before getting hired. I was first given two trial classes and taught them and got great reviews from parents on both. However, I never received any coaching/feedback from the coaching team (like they said they would) between classes or at all. After my second trial class was taught, I was sent an email saying that they will not be continuing my application process with no reason given. I emailed them back asking what the reason was even with great ratings and with likes on my profile and I also mentioned that I never got any training and how other teachers have and also got up to five chances in trials while I didn’t. Of course they never responded back. I believe that they hand out a bunch of trials to potential teachers because you only get paid for the trial classes taught IF you’ve been hired. While in the meantime, Qkids still gets their money from the parents all while getting free teachers they don’t have to pay because hey, it was just a trial.

10 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Great Job for Extra Income

Feb 2, 2018 - Teacher in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Work from home - Friendly team in China - Children are adorable and fun to work with - You can teach 4 classes in the morning and still be done by 8:10 am - Schedule is flexible. You can choose the classes that work best for you and absences do not negatively impact you if given 24 hours in advance - Incentive bonuses for attendance and performance

Cons

- Paid monthly (not actually a con for me, but could be for some) - Part-time employment, so no benefits available - You have to handle your tax obligations for income - Long hiring process. You do have to complete several steps before you are hired but much of it is paid. YOU will determine the length of your hiring process - if it takes you two weeks to get a headset and ethernet that will make the process longer. If you act quickly and are prepared their response time is excellent and you can begin faster. - Trainings may be scheduled late in the evening (China is currently 13 hours ahead of EST; they are 12 hours ahead during DST). - Occasionally, there are "bugs" in the system and patience may be required. However, they normally get them worked out quickly and I have never had one of their technological issues impact my paycheck. They are apologetic and pay you for your class, even if it is interrupted by a system issue that causes you to end class early.

7 people found this review helpful

Qkids Response

Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave such honest and sincere feedback. We truly appreciate your understanding and support for the time difference, technical issue and everything. We are striving to provide a better environment for teachers and students every day. We will take your advice into consideration if possible.

4. 4.0

Great part time job

Jan 17, 2020 - ESL Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Work from home

Cons

Not full time Inconsistent hours Hard to motivate yourself

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic work from home job!!

Aug 25, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

JiuQu English is an excellent company and I am proud to work for them! I recommend them to everyone I know!! The staff are all kind and helpful which made training very stress-free. The kids you teach are great and never fail to make you smile! The software is easy to use and understand, and so are the lessons! Pay is great - and I always get my weekly bonuses!! I always get the maximum amount of hours I've wanted - and they are very understanding about emergencies that might make you miss class such as an internet outage or sickness. It's also easy to request a day (or days) off. There is a chat app you can use on your phone in case you've lost power/internet and need to notify them. I'd like to add that as a person with chronic thyroid disease a work from home job like this is perfect for me. I'm able to comfortably work through any flare ups and don't have to work long shifts! Another big plus is the community of teachers! Everyone helps each other and loved to share tips :)

Cons

My cons are very few! - The hours can be tough if you aren't on the east coast! Luckily I am but it's worth a mention to any west coasters considering the job! You might need to be up at 3-4am. - There are very occasional tech issues which can be frustrating at times but come with the territory of working online! However staff is very understanding and responsive!

6. 4.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Remote Tutoring

Sep 18, 2019 - ESL Tutor in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- work from home -rewarding -pay is decent - great management communication

Cons

-odd hours, not as flexible as in you have to work a certain amount of hours per week

7. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Love this company!

Jun 6, 2019 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, friendly Chinese staff, work from home in sweats!

Cons

Early mornings and late evenings

8. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Apr 1, 2019 - Teacher in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- work from home -flexible scheduling -sound pre-made curriculum -responsive employer -ability to earn bonuses

Cons

-depending on the time of the year, can get less than desired number of hours to work (during the slow season)

9. 4.0

Helpful Job for Teaching Experience

Aug 22, 2019 - ESL Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful children, teaching experience, work from home

Cons

Early mornings, communication issues with staff, occasional tech problems

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Job

Aug 29, 2018 - English Teacher in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can work from home and basically set your own hours. I have a full time job so the times actually fit well with my schedule. The staff is always helpful and understanding when things come up, and you can not attend a lesson. The kids are usually eager to learn, and as a result easy to teach. Lessons are all prepared by the company, so only minimal prep work is required.

Cons

There are some technical issues from time to time with the program, but they have been improving lately. During the off- peak season it can be harder to get a full schedule, but as I have another job it is not really an issue for me. So I would not recommend Qkids as a sole source of income. You do need some flexibility as weird things can happen during lessons, and on occasion you will have a very young child who does not want to be there.

7 people found this review helpful

Qkids Response

Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for your valuable input! We truly appreciate all your efforts and your understanding of our company! We are constantly striving to better our platform and service for our dearest teachers like you and we believe you will see our improvement as always! Happy teaching!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews