Qlik Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2019

4.2
Qlik CEO Mike Capone
Mike Capone

"Good Company, Good Culture, Increasingly Corporate"

Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Qlik

Pros

Great industry to be in, innovative product, great culture and values.

Cons

Becoming increasingly corporate, not much of a growth career path, they just hire from outside rather than grow their own people.

Advice to Management

When you have a new innovative product hiring people from existing BI companies, and have a set way of thinking about the industry doesn't create innovation. Bring back summit.

Qlik2016-01-26

"A company without culture or vision has no purpose besides making money"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Good work-life balance - if there is anything to gloat about with Qlik, it is the work-life balance. We're a predominantly remote company and therefore so long as you're getting your work done, you have plenty of free time to indulge your personal life and pursue other interests. 2. The Pay - pretty decent compensation and benefits although nothing to write home about. The salary met my expectations and is competitive with other employers in my area. 3. Choose your own adventure - maybe it's just my experience at Qlik but I feel like they give you free reign to work on passion projects so long as it adds value to the company. This probably has something to do with the limited overhead of a remote work environment but it allows you some freedom to escape the monotony of daily job function. 4. The technology - the company actually has a pretty good piece of software that can do some cool things with analytics. I'm constantly surprised by the product and what it's capable of doing for our customers.

Cons

1. Sterile Corporate Culture - when I originally came to Qlik, they spoke so much about our 'Swedish' roots which drove our corporate culture. Although that may have been true in the past, Qlik is now an American, middle aged software company which feels much closer to Generic Corporation A than some Lund University start-up. In the few times you leave your private island and go to headquarters, you'll find yourself asking what the culture of Qlik even is. Ex-IBM/Oracle/SAP/Microsoft etc. sales people have taken over the company and make it feel like a soulless, revenue-oriented corporate entity more focused on who'll make President's Club than customer success. The company feels devoid of life and dynamism. 2. Empty Vision - outside of making money, I have no idea what Qlik's long-term corporate vision is at this point. Each year leadership performs an exercise to determine vision but most points revolve around sales revenue and operational changes are almost never actually implemented. R&D is isolated heavily from the rest of the company and communication chains with leadership are fractured due to the remote nature of most of the employees. 3. Tripping over our own feet - Qlik's worst enemy is itself. Despite having a great product we consistently struggle with internal politics and management bureaucracy which when combined with remote employees makes it hard to implement any real operational changes. Most people just keep doing what they've always done even as the market fluxes in front of us the entire time. 4. Prioritizing Aesthetics over Substance - Qlik is a company in love with how it looks vs. what it actually does. Sales constantly talks about selling the 'art of the possible', a cute euphemism which is less "fake-it-till-you-make-it" and more "fake-it-till-you-sell-it". In a crowded space like analytics, you have to provide hard substance to customers to stand out. I feel like Qlik lacks a lot of tangible substance within the company. Everything looks great until you take a peak under the covers.

Advice to Management

Overhaul your management teams across the board to inject some new life into the company. Too many corporate soldiers have risen through the ranks via politics and aesthetics vs. providing real value and substance to the company.

Qlik2018-10-18

"Sad to see"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Qlik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Product is still very cool, solves many business problems.

Cons

The acquisition has completely sucked the life out of this place.

Advice to Management

Try managing for a change

Qlik2018-10-27

"Retrenchment for the past few months"

Former Employee - IT Consultant

I worked at Qlik full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great medical perks and work life balanace

Cons

Down sizing and cost cutting. Retrenching great workers and those with years of experience is not right.

Qlik2017-04-13

"Growing company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Milan

I have been working at Qlik full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of tech and colleques with skills

Cons

maybe less innovating than 4 years ago

Advice to Management

Invest more in proving more innovating products and services

Qlik2019-05-14

"Bad Experience"

Former Employee - Consultant in Vadodara

I worked at Qlik full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good team. Hardworking guys. Good compensation.

Cons

Programming Perspective: If just fancy little title (MNC) & salary matters for you, than you should join it but if you love the passion called coding, than you should not go for it. No Thorough logical programming from scratch (ML perspective), Find out what actually exist on GIT, modify it and get the work done. Why? Is it completed agenda as early as possible? yes great job. How about logic? we don't care. Holiday Perks: They will implicitly force you by being very good friend of you to work on 10-11 hours and sometimes saturday & sunday there will be work, and what about perk of that overtime? please do not expect it. But when you need off paper leave for the work you have done on holidays for free? they will not allow it, and if you do, They will tell you, please you can leave this company.

Advice to Management

I would suggest leaders to listen & value bottom level people who have given everything to you because if you don't, one day everything will collapse.

Qlik2019-04-03

"Qlik - It does actually lead with data"

I have been working at Qlik full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extraordinary knowledge base. Latest technology oriented. They do look after the employee. Employee gets all the benefits that one can think of.

Cons

Did not come across any.

Qlik2019-02-05

"Qlik - the market leader in the field of BI"

Current Employee - Consultant in Vadodara

I have been working at Qlik full-time

Pros

Remarkable market presence, Leader in BI domain, Rich customer base, Truely responsible towards society and environment, Best infield employee benefits and policies, Growing by adopting cutting-edge technology.

Cons

None to my knowledge or experience

Advice to Management

None

Qlik2019-02-05

"Great Company with Great Perks"

I have been working at Qlik full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leading company in the BI Industry. Everything is awesome!! starting from culture to personal benefits. An environment that helps one to grow.

Cons

I have not experienced anything that can be considered as negative.

Qlik2019-02-05

"One of the Best Workplace, Great Company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Ānand

I have been working at Qlik full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best company in the BI technology with the flexible environment and facilities. Employee benefits are to good. Awesome culture and great values to be work with.

Cons

I haven't been experienced bad or which is negatively noticeable.

Found 17 reviews