Qlik Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2020

3.5
Qlik CEO Mike Capone
Mike Capone

"Good, growing company, but a few Entitled Cowards (not CIO) are dragging down IT"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Colleagues (for the most part everyone is amazing and willing to collaborate for a common goal; but there are a few exceptions...see 'Review Title'). 2. Benefits (SOLID Healthcare, Life Insurance, Fitness Reimbursement, 401k Match, 24-For-U, Tuition Reimbursement) 3. Work/Life Balance (SOLID PTO, Vacation, Holidays, and working Remotely is widely supported) 4. Corporate Social Responsibility (AMAZING...Change Our World Day & other opportunities to give back throughout the year to make a difference in the world). 5. Executive Management (CEO, CFO, CIO truly care about their employees and have always made themselves available regardless of your position/title).

Cons

At Qlik, our employees are expected to embrace our Core Values: 1. Challenge 2. Move Fast 3. Take Responsibility 4. Open & Straightforward 5. Teamwork for Results Unfortunately, there are a few Entitled Cowards that, rather than CHALLENGE themselves to sit down with IT leadership, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for their opinions, and have an OPEN & STRAIGHTFORWARD conversation to solve a perceived issue, take the "Cowards" approach and ask for the heads of IT leadership all the while masked in the shadow of anonymity on a public website. And when I say 'Entitled', it is these same few that are bitter about they or their team members being passed over for promotion or for attrition of colleagues/friends within IT. At times, we all are forced to deal with the frustration of not getting promoted or attrition but it is how you deal with these situations through your actions that speak the loudest. Anyone that acts in this matter at Qlik should seek career advancement elsewhere because you do not represent our Core Values and you do not reflect the type of Character/Leadership that will help this company succeed...don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on our Core Values when we interview potential employees/contractors so that Qlik continues to be a great place to work!

Qlik2017-03-03
  2. "Great company, poor sales organization"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing products Great coworkers Great benefits Competitive commission for a subscription product

Cons

Only two complaints really. 1.) I joined about 5 years ago, and my total take home has gone down. That’s because I started when the company was perpetual and the deals were bigger. If I left today and went to almost any other software company, I’d be in the same boat because most are subscription. So, not necessarily a criticism of Qlik itself, but of the way SaaS is done and compensated. 2.) This is criticism of Qlik itself. The company is growing rapidly. In the past 18 months I believe we’ve added at least five new products. The past year has been miserable and enabling sales people on those, or any, products. We used to get state-of-the-art on-Line training courses on messaging, competing against different vendors, and selling into different horizontals and verticals, and they were better than what I had at IBM or SAP. Over the past 6-8 months, I think we’ve been given one. Everything is now just talking at us. They might add a quiz question or two that are easy and pointless. They do webinars where they talk at us. They do in person “workshops” where they talk at us. They don’t actually give us the opportunity to learn in any interactive way on demand anymore. It’s all just listen to this or read this. The past 6-8 months has been a complete turnaround in enablement, and it is now far worse than when I joined 5 years ago. It had significantly improved, but something happened in the past year that has made it awful for the reps, and I know myself and at least three others are looking elsewhere because Qlik is showing it has no interest in really enabling us to sell.

Advice to Management

Fix enablement. I don’t know what changed in the past year, but it wasn’t good. It’s has made things much worse.

Qlik2020-01-07

"great products, great industry, but very competetive .."

Current Employee - OEM Account Manager

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work from home, good benefits

Cons

unclear vision from management and alot of changes

Qlik2019-07-30

"Trying to do too much....too many silos"

Current Employee - Partner Sales Manager

I have been working at Qlik full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay and the health benefits are good.

Cons

Too many silos in departments making it tough to get sales support. The leadership team only looks as data and has taken out the human factor of leading teams. Needs improvement.

Advice to Management

Lead your teams instead of managing tasks.

Qlik2019-07-08

"Commercial account manager"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager

I have been working at Qlik full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, even better product

Cons

Not the best retirement plan

Qlik2019-04-12

"OEM Sales Manager"

Current Employee - OEM Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competent Technical Staff, decent technology

Cons

Senior Management have no idea how to create or implement and stick with a strategy. They work in a way that is not constructive to the average account executive

Advice to Management

Take one layer of senior management off of the top and watch how things move quicker.

Qlik2018-09-21

"It was a thing of beauty, now its the Titanic sinking in front of everyone's eyes"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I worked at Qlik full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Platform Play Great Technology Leader in Gartner MQ for years

Cons

Qlik was a outstanding place to be as a sales professional through the end of 2016 when PE company Thoma Bravo bought them. From that point forward, the culture and company took a complete nose dive. 1- or the top 14 executives quit, left or were removed several times in 2017. CEOs have come and gone and the internal working of the company just hit rock bottom. From there, they thought it was a good idea in 2018 to revamp the sales model (again) and close every HUB office worldwide where hundreds of people lost their jobs. Beyond that, many field sales professional were let go last month just because of their geographic location. Qlik took no regard of pipeline or results and made decisions based only on geography. With that, lots of prospects and customers found themselves (once again) without a sales person and frustrated beyond belief. The phone keeps ringing and customers continue to say they cant get anyone to help them. Its just sad really. Advice to any sales professional is to WAIT. Do not join Qlik right now. The company will be sold again in the next 12-18 months and you will find yourself making no money in 2018 and the unknown in front of you. If you want to be part of this technology wait until that hashes out and then make the decision.

Advice to Management

Not even sure what to say. You had claimed you wanted to listen and you even flew many of us out for a listening session. Then you cancelled it and took us to a dinner where nothing was accomplished.

Qlik2018-02-23

"Territory sales manager"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Still riding the high of being ranked high in the magic quadrant. Associative model is a differentiator. Still one of the larger BI companies.

Cons

Not a good place to be anymore. They lost their technology leadership and sales plummeted. Huge rounds of layoffs each month. Probably going to get sold huge loss by the VC firm that bought them

Advice to Management

Milk this thing until you can find another job.

Qlik2018-01-18

"Good, growing company, but new CIO is quickly dragging down IT - morale is suffering"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice colleagues; very collegial IT group worldwide; less politicking than at other companies; really good benefits, including annual "244U" day to study and another annual day to volunteer; very flexible work arrangements, good work/life balance, CEO who strongly appears to care about employees

Cons

IT has gone from bad to worse under new CIO who started in Dec 2016. Has absolutely no leadership skills. Not spending any time communicating with the organization or even fairly senior managers. Only seems to be interested in Agile and outsourcing. Morale is plummeting, and IT is likely to start losing more good people (a trend that started with the previous CIO, who lasted 20 months). This CIO seems more interested in recruiting friends than recognizing talent based on actual skills. As a result, no one sees any career paths.

Advice to Management

Replace the CIO with someone who can lead, communicate, and set strategic goals and objectives based on the business vision. This view is widely shared throughout Qlik IT right now, sorry to say.

Qlik2017-02-13
  10. "Good company"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Qlik full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Swedish values still apply though now based in the US.

Cons

Growing pains have slowed innovation

Qlik2017-02-10