Qlik Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Qlik President, CEO, and Director Lars Björk
Lars Björk

Pros
Cons
  • Still some growing pains around processes (in 8 reviews)

• Got rid of summit and academy- Academy was essential to the core values message (in 7 reviews)

"QlikTech an amazing comapny"

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company values and the attitude towards the employees. Yearly employee summit that everyone attends, not just sales. Multiple programs for employees to help their communities.

Cons

No employee stock purchase plan with limited opportunities to earn stock. No international user group.

Advice to Management

Create an employee stock purchase plan. Your employees will definitely invest in the company

"A good company to work for."

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Qlik full-time

Pros

QlikTech values its employees and treats them well. It has a set of corporate values that are continually emphasized, and this creates cohesion in the corporate culture. The R&D department (i.e. software engineering) is growing, and seems to have a continual improvement process in place, i.e. it learns from its mistakes and improves its process.

Cons

No significant cons experienced during my employment.

"An outstanding team based company with dedicated managers."

Current Employee - TSE in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - TSE in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Qlik full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are always pushing you to succeed so that you grow to be all that you can be. They are some of the most kind and patient people I have ever worked with.

Cons

They are always pushing you to succeed so that sometimes you are drinking from a fire hose. This is only a "CON" in that there is a lot to learn, and I had to put something in this space ...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, we will catch up ...

"Best company that I have worked for so far!"

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a lot of freedom to do what you think is right and the team overall is very passionate about the products. For a software company, it is refreshing to work where the CTO actually uses the product daily for work and personal use. There is room for failure as long as we are trying to improve and learn.

Cons

The company is heavily decentralized. Even with all of the latest technology, face-to-face meetings may mean a lot of travel. It will depend on your role. There is a lot of change of happening which isn't a negative really but something to realize when joining the company.

Advice to Management

The culture is really good and there needs to be a constant attention to it as the company grows and expands. Being responsive to a growing company can be more difficult unless everyone at the company understands that they can take responsibility on their own.

"Great company, great culture, great products"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Qlik full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Qlik goes out of their way to make sure that they hire the right people. The interview process is extensive and all who you interface with are up front about the company. Many people have been here for a long time, and have taken on different roles over time so growth, promotion and just trying new things is all accepted at Qlik. You can't find a better group of people to work with and for.

Cons

Typical rapidly growing technology company that needs to take the time to put process in place for repeatable success.

Advice to Management

As the company grows and prospers, keep much of what made us Qlik in place going forward. Having Management fully accessible is a great plus for Qlik. We want our employees to still bleed Qlik green!

"Qlik is Fast Growing High-Tech Company with Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Qlik (More than a year)

Pros

Qlik is fast growing high-tech company with an amazing culture. The company was started in Sweden 20 years ago and although it is now HQ-ed in US and listed on the NASDAQ, it preserved its Swedish soul. As part of new employee orientation every employee is sent to a week of training in Sweden called the Qlik academy, which is really awesome experience.

Qlik is the market leader in the Visual Analytics Platform market and its customers LOVE Qlik's products. As such the expectations are high and everything moves quickly. The company is growing very quickly (20-30% per year) and there are many opportunities for professional growth.

As a sales professional Qlik is an awesome place to be. The company is investing in product development, marketing and sales and the market is reacting very positively. Qlik's products make big impact on business, and we have a great story that resonates well with our current and future customers.

Cons

As a software company Qlik is high paste environment and everything will be moving very fast. There is a lot of competition and noise in the market. Therefore to succeed you need to be highly motivated to learn, compete and face challenging situations.

"Good Company, Good Culture, Increasingly Corporate"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great industry to be in, innovative product, great culture and values.

Cons

Becoming increasingly corporate, not much of a growth career path, they just hire from outside rather than grow their own people.

Advice to Management

When you have a new innovative product hiring people from existing BI companies, and have a set way of thinking about the industry doesn't create innovation. Bring back summit.

"Awesome Place to Work"

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, values, people, products, facilities, perks, and our mission to change the world for the better! The unbelievable focus on charity work/CSR locally and globally makes me feel proud to work here. Everyone gets to take time off from work to do charitable work, and employees can sign up to travel to places like to Africa to see first hand the impact we are having with our efforts. There's also an incredible focus on taking care of employees that I've not experienced anywhere else. During our 2016 kick-off meeting, they just gave every employee worldwide $500 in stock as a gift and announced a whole list of new programs that they will introduce, so they really take care of us. Also, they really trust people here to get their jobs done without breathing down our necks. We have total flexibility to do our job when and where we want, as long as we get the job done. Feels great to be treated like a responsible adult! You also can really make a difference here because we are still a pretty flat organization, and good work will stand out and will be recognized. I'm also really proud of some major leadership changes the company made recently. It was time. I could go on and on....

Cons

Not many. Some of our processes are still a bit clumsy because we are just "growing up" as a company, but it's being addressed through a major initiative.

Advice to Management

Keep on living our values, and get rid of those who don't. You are doing a great job so far.

"Outstanding environment and culture"

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The mission of the company is to change the world for the better and this is evident in words and actions. You are provided with the freedom to be creative in the way that you do your work and accomplish your goals. New ideas are welcome and encouraged. The leadership here trusts and cares about the employees. This is a rare organization in that everyone has internalized the core values - I have never seen that before anywhere. I attribute this to the unique way that each person is orientated to the company as a new hire and the high quality of people that are brought on board. The products and technology are leading edge and the industry is exploding with growth. Very low level of politics and people are straightforward. Refreshing. Work-life balance exists here! Leadership is not afraid to make well thought out changes to propel the company forward.

Cons

Typical challenges for a growing company as it relates to revamping processes and making them more efficient. There is a company-wide program addressing this area.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on innovative products and technology. Stay devoted to the employee growth programs and philanthropic heart of the company.

"Great Company to Qlik away"

Current Employee - N/A in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - N/A in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Qlik (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company and great team

Cons

Gets a bit political at times