Qlik Reviews | Glassdoor

Qlik Reviews

Updated June 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Still some growing pains around processes (in 8 reviews)

• Slight level of uncertainty over recent acquisition and whether this will have a direct impact on the core values of the company (in 7 reviews)

"Best kept secret in hottest market"

Current Employee - Director, Healthcare in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director, Healthcare in Denver, CO

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aggressive incentive program, killer comp plan, attainable quotas, dream job with 7 figure potential

Cons

A few too many liberals, but we're weeding them out quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep plans that attract the best and brightest people to Qlik.

"Excellent international company"

I have been working at Qlik full-time

Pros

Great international flavor and spirit to this company. If you want to work in global team and learn about diverse business cultures this is a very supportive environment in which to learn.

Cons

Some of the company structures are complex and difficult to navigate. Finding the right people who know the right answers can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Communicate more openly and freely. Management communications are very stilted and mechanical. It's all corporate-speak - feels like a Dilbert cartoon.

3. "Fantastic Company & Culture just a Qlik away!"

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, salary, benefits. Upper management is committed to Swedish soul & professional growth. Low-stress.

Cons

Typical challenges for a growing company, slow to adapt. Work from home culture, so offices (at least in the Americas) can be quiet/lonely.

4. "Great culture and atmosphere"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful people in every position. Approachable and talented senior staff. Terrific product I can get behind. Good compensation package with achievable bonuses. The culture really does reflect the warm and open Swedish culture and you feel like the company really has the best interests of its employees in mind.

Cons

Very few. Really not happy about the insurance. Sometimes it's a little confusing to navigate internally. A little concerned about media rumors of a sale. But otherwise very happy.

Advice to Management

For the most part - keep doing what you're doing! People stay because of the culture and will be loyal. You work hard to get great people. Keep lines of communication strong and open. And switch up the insurance offerings!!

5. "new employee"

Current Employee - TSE in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - TSE in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Qlik full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a family of friends. The culture is one you think of but never find. So far I can't be happier in a job. The work is challenging but you have people around you who care about your success. There is training resources and good benefits.

Cons

So far there is nothing I can see.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging and supporting employees. Thanks for promoting a healthy environment from the top down. :)

6. "Boundless opportunity to grow your career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Qlik full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* See a problem, come up with a solution, and the opportunity to address it is yours
    * Strong core values: challenge, move fast, open & straightforward, take responsibility, and teamwork for results
    * Accessible executive team
    * Tons of good people to work with from all around the globe
    * Qlik Sense is a great product

Cons

* Company is privately held by a private equity firm so most likely quite a different working environment from when the company was publicly held
    * Company is somewhat slow to offer cloud and SaaS offerings, and the services around those (e.g., full-fledged CSM program) which will affect competitiveness in today's B2B tech market

7. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Qlik (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great great place to work

Cons

Tough to make money benefits ok

8. "Great company!"

I have been working at Qlik full-time

Pros

The work ethic of this company is amazing, it is a well-oiled machine.

Cons

The company did away with summit, which I believed was a great opportunity for all colleagues worldwide to collaborate.

"Solid company to work for"

Current Employee - Corporate Employee - Non Sales in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee - Non Sales in Remote, OR

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- competitive salaries
    - good benefits
    - reputable company
    - smart and capable colleagues
    - especially proud of the CSR activities with organizations like MedAir, Doctors without Borders, Hope HIV and others

Cons

- no real cons. Thoma Bravo has done good things for this company.

"Good, growing company, but a few Entitled Cowards (not CIO) are dragging down IT"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Qlik full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Colleagues (for the most part everyone is amazing and willing to collaborate for a common goal; but there are a few exceptions...see 'Review Title').
    2. Benefits (SOLID Healthcare, Life Insurance, Fitness Reimbursement, 401k Match, 24-For-U, Tuition Reimbursement)
    3. Work/Life Balance (SOLID PTO, Vacation, Holidays, and working Remotely is widely supported)
    4. Corporate Social Responsibility (AMAZING...Change Our World Day & other opportunities to give back throughout the year to make a difference in the world).
    5. Executive Management (CEO, CFO, CIO truly care about their employees and have always made themselves available regardless of your position/title).

Cons

At Qlik, our employees are expected to embrace our Core Values:
    1. Challenge
    2. Move Fast
    3. Take Responsibility
    4. Open & Straightforward
    5. Teamwork for Results
    Unfortunately, there are a few Entitled Cowards that, rather than CHALLENGE themselves to sit down with IT leadership, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for their opinions, and have an OPEN & STRAIGHTFORWARD conversation to solve a perceived issue, take the "Cowards" approach and ask for the heads of IT leadership all the while masked in the shadow of anonymity on a public website. And when I say 'Entitled', it is these same few that are bitter about they or their team members being passed over for promotion or for attrition of colleagues/friends within IT. At times, we all are forced to deal with the frustration of not getting promoted or attrition but it is how you deal with these situations through your actions that speak the loudest. Anyone that acts in this matter at Qlik should seek career advancement elsewhere because you do not represent our Core Values and you do not reflect the type of Character/Leadership that will help this company succeed...don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on our Core Values when we interview potential employees/contractors so that Qlik continues to be a great place to work!