QuEST Global Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ajit Prabhu

Pros
Cons
  • Long working hours and no work life balance (in 17 reviews)

• No work life balance, working 12-15 hours is a usual stuff (in 10 reviews)

1. "Senior Engineering"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some people are very friendly, unless you are stupid they won't lay off

Cons

Lack of communication, egoistic management, useless HR

Advice to Management

Need to change middle management and get in enthusiastic ppl

2. "Good entry level company; no vertical path."

Current Employee - Supply Chain Engineer in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Engineer in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours; relaxed environment. Good customer network with some industry powerhouses such as Pratt and Whitney. Decent enough health benefits.

Cons

No real structure outside of the customer contracts. No one to turn to for real career advice because the turnover rate is so high.

"Sr engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good starting job, learning experience. Good people. If right out of college, great place to start. Work stable in certain areas. Friendly people you will work with.

Cons

No movement. Management team not interested in paying or move you up ladder. If younger person, usually taken care of and older person, like me bypass you on everything

Advice to Management

Need to pay more and give the older experienced people chances like the younger people. Very unfair

"Tedious work, decent environment"

Current Employee - Project Management Specialist in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Project Management Specialist in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- flexible working schedule depending on project
    - reasonable core hours if non-flexible due to customer needs
    - decent environment and attempts at company culture

Cons

- inconsistent management feedback
    - Inconsistent hiring process
    - pay not comparable with field
    - non-transparent annual review process
    - very limited vacation/time off for hourly employees

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and consistent with hiring process and annual reviews and feedback.

5. "Potential is there"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Rockford, IL

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Unlike most of the competitors in the area, QuEST will work to find you a spot if work is cut by the customer. A very uncommon practice for contracting work.

-QuEST is growing rather rapidly in existing centers and into new areas.

Cons

- HR department for all for North America is ran by essentially 2 people. All employee issues are outsourced to India. Frequently respond or "fix" issues incorrectly or ineptly. Very little ability to actually contact someone to work the issue. Heads of HR recognize the issue, but flat out admit they will not change the structure.

-Very little advancement opportunity. You can either latch on with the Customer, or attempt to venture into management; but they do not make that easy on anyone. Pyramid structure of advancement is flawed, and ever changing requirements make it rather difficult to understand what is necessary.

-Very high turnover among employees and management. Mostly due to workload and/or pay.

Advice to Management

-A slight monetary investment in your employees would do wonders for turnover rates; especially when employees can use QuEST as essentially an internship to build experience with main customers.

-Invest in a larger HR department. At least 1 individual per location would be great, so that employees can actually contact someone directly to handle an issue, rather than rely on India personnel who you have no way to contact directly, or by hoping your manager will handle this case.

-Establish very clear guidelines for advancement, and provide people that information early, so they can work to it.

6. "Only a stepping stone"

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good way to start off career.

Cons

Tedious and meaningless work, lack of communication and trust from management.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees

7. "Project Engineer"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to gain experience and start as an Entry Level.

Cons

I personally don't want to be a contracted employee for the rest of my professional life that's why I believe Quest is good to "start at" but not to "retire from" type of company. Other than that I think is great.

Advice to Management

None

8. "Manufacturing Engineer in East Hartford, CT"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in East Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in East Hartford, CT

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience at Quest is largely dependent on what team you are working on. I had a great opportunity under the manufacturing team, doing should-cost analysis for P&W (this was the majority of the work that I did). Our managers were very willing to help us learn and develop us as Manufacturing Engineers, obviously trying hard to get more projects that were hands-on and more involved. They were great people that have taught our team a lot, and visibly tried to keep everybody happy and engaged.

Flexible work/life balance, easy going team (besides some of the more power-hungry individuals that you will find on any team), calm and relaxed atmosphere, potential to build some managerial experience and more "front-end" interactions with the customer that really helped me build my career in the longer run.

Great place for a fresh out of school graduate or someone with some experience that wants to enter a more corporate oriented role.

I am glad I had the chance to work there for as long as I did (1-2 years), but I am happy to have moved on. My only regret is leaving some of our team members and management, but they were happy and supportive of my decision (another reason that I think of them in such high regard).

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits, not a lot of technical training available, "billable" vs. "non-billable" hours, mind-numbing menial projects, dealing with some customers can be difficult (mostly due to their incompetence and inability--they will blame you for this).

Meaningless metrics.

Based out of India company means that the "Intranet" and other company sites are filled with laughable content and worthless content (like poetry about the monthly topic that is blatantly written to satisfy some meaningless metric, or a multi page list of non-related acronyms.

Advice to Management

Give your employees potential to learn and develop their technical skills. Pay higher and reward your real talent. Strive even harder to gain more projects for employees to work on. Ensure all staff has a place to sit and work (that are not conference rooms! That is ridiculous!)

9. "Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at QuEST Global full-time

Pros

Nice coworkers, great work hours, get to learn a lot from many challenging and interesting projects

Cons

Company's survival depends on big OEM's to outsource. If they pullout, employees may face layoff or unpaid leave. It's really stressful.

Advice to Management

The center management is perfect. But the corporate level management needs to value employees more. Also, they need to make sure customers respect Quest engineers.

"Project Engineer"

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility and good work/life balance. Standard hours, but can change if needed to accommodate personal life. If you want to make it at this company you must personally and actively look for work to get noticed. Not a horrible place.

Cons

Not alot of room for growth here. Transparency between corporate and project centers are something to be desired. Basically you will not move up in the company unless somebody else leaves. If you want a job where you can be easy going and laid back, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Improve personal communications with your employees.