QuEST Global Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Ajit Prabhu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance, working 12-15 hours is a usual stuff (in 17 reviews)

• Long working hours and no work life balance (in 10 reviews)

"Project Engineer"

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time

Pros

Decent pay, and flexible hours

Cons

Company culture and the building isn't very nice

"What a joke"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Greenville, SC

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked on some really cool projects. I had (at times) a great amount of autonomy.

Cons

-Pay sucks
    -Forget about ever getting a meaningful raise.
    -Instead of promoting you, you'll just get all the extra responsibilities and silly paperwork (and what an exorbitant waste of time that huge amount of paperwork is) to do with no extra compensation. You'll be promised a promotion for 1-2 years with it being held in front of you like a carrot, but you'll never actually get promoted.
    -Center manager (and everybody above him) spews an unbelievable amount of propaganda about how great Quest is despite there being almost no tuition reimbursement program (~7 employees MAXIMUM for all of North America are awarded tuition reimbursement every semester with no guarantee of ever getting it again).
    -Management appreciates inexperienced morons so much that they'll appoint somebody a center manager even if they've grossly mishandled a project so bad that they need to be moved away from the mishandled customer for business to continue with that customer.
    -Engineers are seen as objects at this company like a lamp or a chair. Experience is not valued, and management is surprised that hours run out before the project is done when inexperienced people are doing the work. You're expected to bill customers at the full engineering analysis rate even when you don't know anything.
    -Money is the absolute #1 priority to the detriment of everything else a good business thrives on.
    -This company is micro-managed from the CEO down to the center manager.
    -No center manage is allowed to think for themselves. They thoughtlessly follow their marching orders which impairs their faculties for independent thinking.
    -Center managers will lie and distort the truth to achieve their goals.
    -When half the center is getting laid off, center managers will still talk about how great quest is, and they'll promise severance packages, but find every excuse to not pay them out.
    -This company wants to be a big respected company so bad, but they don't value experience at all which results in high turnover which then prevents Quest from getting important analysis work.
    -Forget about new hire training. You're billing a customer (who is unaware of this) the same as a veteran engineer or you're walking out the door looking for a new job.
    -I could go on about how silly this company is.

Advice to Management

-Promote deserving engineers
    -How about a raise every year that is ahead of inflation?
    -Understand that engineers aren't replaceable the way a window or door is. Engineering analysis is difficult work and requires a lot of experience and dedication.
    -How about following through on annual bonuses promised, but rarely awarded in their entirety?
    -Don't put morons in positions of responsibility. ESPECIALLY center manager positions.

"Analyst"

I worked at QuEST Global full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, remote work opportunities.

Cons

Lies, deception, taking advantage of people.

"Give the employees better benefits and your customers will be happier"

Current Employee - Engineer in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Engineer in Windsor, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Work life balance- they don't like you working more than 40 hours per week

Cons

The management doesn't care if you stay or not. They want to pay you as little as possible. After meeting my KRAs and receiving glowing customer reviews, I received a 1% raise. Then they acted as though they did me a huge favor.

Advice to Management

Treat you employees right so that they will stay. Your clients do not like the fact that as soon as a new person is finally performing up to their standards of acceptability after the training period, another new person has to be trained to replace someone who leaves for a different company. This revolving door does not make your clients happy. Give better benefits so people will actually stay at the company and your client satisfaction will improve and the business will grow

5. "Associate Engineer out of College"

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-People are relaxed and fun to work with

Cons

-Very low pay
    -No HR department and no responsibility taken my management for mistakes
    -Very disorganized
    -Extremely low vacation days (3)

Refused to inform me that my start date had gotten moved back a month, and refused to compensate my drive halfway across the country or the rent I paid for an additional month of living.

The only reason I took this job is it was my only option available.

Advice to Management

Get an HR department and start valuing your employees.

6. "Disappointing Career Experience"

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good work-life balance
    -Decent career stepping stone if you get placed in the right area

Cons

-Poor work culture and low company morale
    -High turnover results in a revolving door of co-workers
    -Low pay and poor benefits
    -Managers actively try to stop advancement of talented employees to further their own agenda results in poor talent retention
    -Performance evaluations are based off a number of metrics beyond the scope of doing your job well
    -Little team cohesion, organization, and standard work
    -Lack of professionalism
    -No accountability when things go wrong
    -Improving revenue is the only thing that matters to upper management

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward talented individuals and don't treat employees as just another number.

"Twice did not receive pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I worked at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Allows opportunity to gain experience.

Cons

Twice in one year of working for the company my pay was erroneously withheld and I had to fight for long periods of time to be reimbursed. Your job and hours are also in no way secure. Do not leave a full time and dependable job to work for this company.

Advice to Management

Following labor laws and solving problems in a timely manor are basic functions of business.

8. "Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great first job or job if you have already retired. The benefits are good, the pay is below average, the culture is pretty cool, HR is a joke.

Cons

If you are a manager at this company be prepared to have zero support. Employees here do and say what they want.

Advice to Management

Those who know better do better.

9. "can't believe they have good reviews for the United States offices"

Former Contractor - Stress Engineer
    Former Contractor - Stress Engineer

I worked at QuEST Global as a contractor

Pros

not that busy. if you like not working that much, and want to be busy with something for 2-3 days of 5 weekdays, then this place is right for you.

Cons

they need to be shipped out of the United States. they are working commercial aerospace industry - which had so many incidents throughout its history just because of some people having missed some important points in design & manufacturing.

- Their approach to critical problems are simply wrong at so many levels.
     - They are not being checked properly and have really young technical managers. these guys simply do not have the background/experience to perform these tasks successfully.
     - Recently they are watering it down even more by replacing senior engineers with young ones - which will cost someone somewhere (hope not!!). it is just too risky to work with these guys at a business level.
     - If I had a company, I wouldn't have them doing my "serious" work. they are certainly not that "serious" about what they are supposed to do!!

Advice to Management

Bring in the real aerospace people who have done this job forever in the United States (yes, Americans!!).

At least have the mercy for all those people flying those aircraft, and replace current young management team with a senior one, and do not risk the commercial aerospace in the US anymore!!

10. "Experience very dependent on manager"

Current Employee - Engineer in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Engineer in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great exposure to lots of work

Cons

power hungry managers taint everything
    pay

Advice to Management

focus on your employees, not your own ladder-climbing