QuEST Global "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

QuEST Global Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Nov 18, 2019

3.2
QuEST Global CEO Ajit Prabhu (no image)
Ajit Prabhu
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance could be made better(in 30 reviews)

• "Low pay compared to immediate competition (This is mostly based on their business model)(in 29 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I actually enjoy my job, even if some things about the company can be irritating."

Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

(Note, I'm employed by Quest, but I report full time to work at a defense contractor that hired Quest's services, and elements of my employment experience are more indicative of that defense contractor's work environment than Quest's) Pay is decent. Not amazing, but decent. Benefits are relatively generous. They'll hire people without college degrees if they have enough relevant work experience. Aside from the... occasional crunch time when reaching some kind of deadline on a big project, generally a relaxed environment and I don't feel rushed by my supervisors. Workplace has a general atmosphere of respect and trust.

Cons

They didn't seem to be prepared for a new employee when I showed up on my first day, did not have a working computer (in a job that in 90% computer based) until I'd been there about a month. Not uncommon to get conflicting instructions from different supervisors, who never resolve the issue. Working at a site with contractors from multiple different companies, it was sometimes unclear what the division of duties... was

Advice to Management

Try to have clear guidelines for new employees on the chain of command, of who to take orders from, and the division of duties on various jobs when working on sites with multiple other contractors. Other than that, you're alright!

QuEST Global2019-07-04
  2. "Average"

Current Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very laid back working environment

Cons

Contracting work can dry up You are essentially being paid less to do the same work that an engineer at the OEM would do

QuEST Global2019-08-12
  3. "Ups and Downs"

Current Employee - Aerothermal Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time

Pros

Terrific coworkers that help make the working environment fun; loads of different work to rotate through.

Cons

While local management is great, the overall company doesn't seem to embrace change very well. It is a fairly typical contractor, they bid low for work and because of that salaries stay low and raises/promotions are difficult.

Advice to Management

Embrace a little change, focus on internships/co-ops and keeping those employees retained at the company. Overturn is ridiculous because the employees feel more like cheap labor than valued employees.

QuEST Global2019-06-19

"I came in with high expectations of being able to use my degree and was truly let down."

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work hours are flexible No weekends Safe and comfortable work environment Friendly management Benefits are great A great start for recent college grads

Cons

Lack of promotion abilities Management is biased and have their favorites Too many distractions Pay is unsatisfactory Inability to reward staff based on their merit

Advice to Management

Hire people who have administrative and finance degrees and pay them just as much as those who have Technical degrees!!

QuEST Global2018-03-14

"Overall a good place to work, particularly right out of college"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Relaxed work environment -Good entry level job

Cons

-Have been furloughed before when work runs out -Not a lot of room for upwards advancement

Advice to Management

Need to pay more to get better talent

QuEST Global2018-01-29
  6. "An overall positive experience"

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, great work environment, friendly, low stress, ability to grow rapidly

Cons

401(k), management flow down, the unbiased system for how promotions are done does not favor those who go above and beyond.

Advice to Management

Flow down from management needs to be communicated more effectively.

QuEST Global2017-02-08
  7. "Project Engineer- Good First Job"

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at QuEST Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are pretty good. If I remember, there is short term disability, AD&D, life insurance with Aetna, 401K match. Work environment is one that encourages process improvement and you'll do well knowing programming to automate tasks. A lot, if not all engineers are paid hourly due to billing hours with customers, so the schedule is very flexible most of the time.

Cons

Based in India, and one side effect is there is no room to move up. It is also sometimes difficult to work with an HQ in India and you're bombarded with emails. Many engineering positions don't require critical thinking or much of an engineering skillset at all.

Advice to Management

Get on projects that will be rewarding to employees. Keep being flexible, it makes up for a lot.

QuEST Global2017-02-02
  8. "Start-up Environment"

Team Lead in Middletown, CT

I have been working at QuEST Global for more than a year

Pros

Small company, which means you have a big influence in shaping your experience at QuEST. The more you put into it, the more you can get out of it in terms of enjoyment and fulfillment. There is plenty of opportunities to train across departments and learn new skills. We are always willing to give people a chance and develop them. Is a good stepping stone to getting a job at a customer like Pratt & Whitney,... UTAS, or Sikorsky. Relatively easy to move up and make your mark on the company or your group. Great work/life balance and work environment is really friendly and amazing. A lot of frustrating issues within the company but ignoring those you can find something you really enjoy doing and make a real difference within the company.

Cons

Small company, so a lot of processes are still developing within the company, and resources to help employees aren't always available. Training can be very difficult to get. Not enough tuition reimbursement either. Not enough recognition for good employee performance. No real avenues to move up besides management. Your work satisfaction can be too dependent on your specific statement of work and... customer you are working with. You may be given a lot of responsibility or very little. You may be given high level tasks or menial work. Not enough vacation time or sick time. And if you are forced to take time off due to circumstances it will hurt your performance review even if management approved your time and you were a productive employee. Performance reviews themselves are terrible. The biggest portion of your grade is how much time you spend at work. That's it. And other metrics are completely unrelated to your actual job.

Advice to Management

You are too focused on growth, not enough on making lives for current employees better.

QuEST Global2016-07-27
  9. "Project Engineer | Business Analyst Consultant"

Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at QuEST Global

Pros

As 2 years experience professional, I accepted the offer from QuEST Global, Inc. At QuEST Global, I've learned a lot of experience from working and handling many different projects. It's great opportunity for new graduates or less experience people to join. Working environment is good! Good medical benefit - 401K is OKAY!

Cons

Lack of training - Most of the time I had to learn by myself from external resources. Mobility opportunity is low - Once QuEST lost contract with client, you are gone.

Advice to Management

I've kept asking my account manager to change business strategy/direction into technology field CONTINUOUSLY from 2014, but nobody has responded. Until crude oil price impacted entire industry, it's sad that my team are broken apart

QuEST Global2016-07-07

"QuEST Global Services"

I have been working at QuEST Global full-time

Pros

- Flexible hours - Comfortable work environment

Cons

- Poor 401k matching - Long vesting period for 401k - Mediocre benefits program

QuEST Global2016-01-25