Quad/Graphics Reviews | Glassdoor

Quad/Graphics President and CEO J. Joel Quadracci
J. Joel Quadracci

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • 12 hour shifts along with rotating shifts (in 30 reviews)

• not alot of work life balance if your on a 7 day stretch work day (in 13 reviews)

1. "Clueless in WI"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large company with many offerings

Cons

Drink the kool aid or be let go. No room for differing views, yes man culture.

Advice to Management

Hire people who actually get stuff done. Too many BS guys that do nothing but talk a big game.

2. "Team Leader"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Atglen, PA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Atglen, PA

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to learn skills in the printing industry...possibility available through qualified training. Skills learned would give you a better opportunity to advance..

Cons

This location in Atglen,PA. was shut-down...I was at this location since July/1978 and appreciated my time there...but management made the decision to shut down

3. "Left before I would have done something wrong"

Former Employee - Finishing Technician in Sussex, WI
    Former Employee - Finishing Technician in Sussex, WI

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good to say about this place.

Cons

I heard way too many people took their life while being at Quad, this is sad but I do see the pressure and the stress of the work and the crew members. You are a number nothing more and you are made into believing it within at work and outside of work. You life is Quad and nothing more, relationships end up going to waste because how they treat people there and push that into a relationship because your family, wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, means nothing when it comes to Quad. You put Quad first above all nothing more than Quad, Quad should be how you Live, Eat and Breath. QUAD QUAD QUAD!!! That is the reality of that company and I have left it before I would be their next victim.

Advice to Management

We are Humans with Souls and believe in a Loving God not Quad being a God.

4. "Depressing"

Former Employee - Photographer
    Former Employee - Photographer

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Full time job with health coverage.

Cons

Severely underpaid. Received $20k UNDER standard pay for my profession. My reviews were always spectacular and yet I received 1% and 1.5% raises each year. My manager told me "Don't tell anyone, that's all we can do right now." Meanwhile a coworker spilled that he got a 5% raise. There's no hope for advancement within this company. The rate of inflation far exceeded my increase in salary each year. Hence, I made LESS money when I left than when I started at Quad/Graphics.

Advice to Management

Transparency is a beautiful thing. It helps keep employees.

"Product Design"

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't really express too many pros for anyone under the age of 45. There are no opportunities for advancement, little to no pay increases, and the take away more benefits than they give. Working for Quad Graphics would set you behind in life and give little to know skills that can transition to the modern world.

Cons

Dated technology, lack of leadership, lack of opportunity, low pay, and bad hours.

Advice to Management

Executives need get out of their bubble and listen to their workforce. Also, why does management and the executive teams continue to get their bonuses when they under perform, lose money year after year, and cannot retain their employees. This place needs a management enema.

6. "Not a great experience...."

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was required to wear Quad Gear which definitely saved on expenses needed for work clothing. Convenient location, close to expressway. Gym and cafeteria available in the complex. Everyone on my team was great to work with and had a great supervisor.

Cons

Work/life balance - was required to work on call rotation which lasted a week each time. There were some nights where I was literally covering loads and/or dealing with multiple issues through all hours of the night & then had to be back at the office next morning. Commission structure would have been fair if there were higher profit margin percentages to be made on corporate accounts and goals were set accordingly. There was very little recognition for hard work from upper management, a lot of focus on what we did wrong.

Advice to Management

Hire a 2nd shift to handle after hours tracking, load recovery and problem solving so people don't get burnt out. Change the commission structure and/or make better pricing decisions so the carrier sales reps can earn what was promised. Recognize and applaud hard work on a regular basis instead of continually pointing out deficiencies and bringing down morale.

7. "distribution technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waupun, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waupun, WI

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time

Pros

When I started in 1997 I was told I would be a millionaire in 20 years thru Quad/graphics stock ownership. After 20 years I quit and cashed out $9,215.53. Thank you Quad/Graphics for wasting 20 years of my life and having nothing to show for it.

Cons

Working at Quad/Graphics is a CON.

Advice to Management

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.

8. "Worker"

Current Employee - Student Worker in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Student Worker in Omaha, NE

Pros

Honestly there's nothing good to say about Quad Packaging Omaha

Cons

They treat their employees really bad, management is the worst I've ever seen, you are over worked and under payed, some managers and supervisors don't have a clue what they're doing, point system is ridiculous, there's a lot of preference and supervisors always are talking to the girls not doing their job, some people make more than machine operators and barely know what they're doing, the amount of stress is too much, you get fired for anything

Advice to Management

New management, they need to get rid of people that don't know what they are doing starting with administrative staff

9. "Joel or James should practice what they preach."

Former Employee - Pressman in Burlington, WI
    Former Employee - Pressman in Burlington, WI

I worked at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good job to get experience then move on, to get paid what the real world pays.

Cons

low pay, lot of brain washed employees that think they have experience but are just flat out dumb.

Advice to Management

To make better profit maybe quad family should sell the plane and get rid of all the other perks they receive. And pay the going rate to production workers. Joel gets the going rate?

10. "BAD MANAGEMENT"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Quad/Graphics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no key benefits for working for this company.

Cons

Poorly Managed company
    Needs better trained employees
    Needs better pay

Advice to Management

The brokerage division needs better trained employees. And a more knowledgeable management who is in touch with industry standards and practices