Quadriga Reviews | Glassdoor

1.8
Jean Philippe Delouis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Lack of Innovation"

I worked at Quadriga full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you love hospitality the Company has great history and strong footprint in Europe which means lot of opportunities to explore such great industry

Cons

Lack of leadership and very conservative approach have reduced the potential

Advice to Management

Needs fresh people not afraid to drive business to the next level

Nov 30, 2015 – HR Manager

More recently there has been a change in the ownership and management of the company which has enabled us to ensure that the right management team are driving the company forwards and ensuring that... More

2. "Wasted potential"

Former Employee - Sales in Berlin (Germany)
    Former Employee - Sales in Berlin (Germany)

I worked at Quadriga full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues, open plan working space, generally a good working environment. Do not trust the recruiter! Everything is commission based with low salaries

Cons

IT infrastructure is very poor. Incompetent management. Trying to hold onto an idea of a start up when it really isn't. Misrepresentation of your job role, I was totally missold. It is not a international company and very hard to implement new ideas or new ways of working. Huge turnover of staff. Unless you are friends with management you will find it hard working here.

Advice to Management

Get competent people in and consolidate your products. Stop trying to do the one hitters.

"Ruined by acquisition"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Theale, South East England, England (UK)

Pros

There are some really talented team players in the EMEA part of Quadriga that are desperate to make the company work.
    Many wish for innovation to really grow within the market.
    Good location for commuting
    Promising employee benefits

Cons

After starting positively in the EMEA team with a real desire to change the dynamics of the company and move forward, this was unfortunately tarnished by the acquisition of Exceptional Innovation. The teams were micromanaged by others with little experience in their field causing delays and a reduction in quality to work.
    Morale at the company completely dropped and everyone felt uncertainty and frustration.
    There was no longer opportunity to grow within the business and the atmosphere was horrible to work in, as well as workloads becoming ridiculous due to changes to departments and cuts in staff. Approve of the Quadriga CEO listed but NOT the US CEO

Advice to Management

Go back to being the amazing Quadriga EMEA you once were and don't take your talented, hardworking staff for granted.

"Exceptional irritation"

I worked at Quadriga full-time

Pros

They had good employee benefit scheme.

Some really lovely, hard working members of the EMEA team, desperate to keep morale up and pick up a sinking ship (they had no control over). The President and EVP of Sales for EMEA would always go out of their way to support their teams and even those that they were not directly aligned with.

Sales / Marketing teams had a great sense of direction for products and had a drive to try and grow the business. Worked well together to drive campaigns and and business promotion.

I worked within a fantastic team for the majority of my time at Quadriga, but after the shambolic merge with Exceptional Innovation it nosed dived dramatically.

Cons

The US team felt they could take control of a global business with only a small amount of experience in the market and and this was mainly localised US projects. The work rate, work ethic and skill level was somewhat different across the pond and many under qualified people were / are in charge of large projects or major business decisions.

They restructured departments and put some questionable senior members of management in control of teams they had no experience handling. Creativity was stifled, progress stopped, development non existent. The atmosphere and productivity was zapped from the business almost over night.

Social events stopped
    No incentive plan
    Career progression very limited - mainly due to budget cuts and US involvement in the EMEA market and structure.

Advice to Management

Start again with those in the business that actually care about the people they work with and the success of the business, not those that are selfishly holding the cards for their own personal gain or attempt to sabotage progress.

I wish all those that helped and mentored me at Quadriga all the best, I truly hope it works out for you.

"A Company in decline"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Quadriga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few good people still in the business but everyone has their CV out so that won't last long. Spacious office as there are only a few of us left.

Cons

Poor communication from new parent company. Disinterest in the European Operation, people, products and customers by USA parent. US centric and ignorant of the value that is being destroyed. As others have said this used to be a good Company, we made money and the employees were treated well. Quadriga was sold to SmarTV and one of the first things that they did was to cancel the Christmas Party to save money. It has gone downhill from there.

Advice to Management

Think about why you bough the Company. People? Products? Clients? You are destroying the value of all three.

"Used to be a great business"

Former Employee - Manager in Theale, South East England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager in Theale, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Quadriga (More than 3 years)

Pros

This used to be a great Company with a good team of employees and Managers who worked together to win and retain Clients. We made money, delivered a good service and were proud of our Company.

Cons

The Company is now owned by an American Company that has never made any money and borrowed the money to buy Quadriga. All of the cash in the Company has been stripped out and we have been loaded with debt. We can only deliver poor service to Clients and surprise surprise the business is now on its knees. Anyone who knows what they are doing is leaving and the only recruitment this year is Accountants to try to screw more money out of the declining Client base. I have to laugh about the work/life balance question, most people dont even bother going into the office anymore, it is like the Marie Celeste at the office. I dont think the Yanks even know as they have fired all of the local management. 4 HR Managers in 6 months and yet they are still writing nonsense responses to employee reviews.

Advice to Management

Hire a CEO who knows what he is doing and is not just on an ego trip like the current lunatic yank. Hire an HR Executive who you will listen to so that they don't have to resign if they have integrity.

"Ruined by acquisition"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Quadriga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great customer base and some good employees. Flexible working hours, nice offices with parking.

Cons

Value destroyed since it was acquired a year ago by Exceptional Innovation. UK CEO fired and only 'yes men' keep their jobs. Revenue plummeting. Many employees leaving. Autocratic CEO in USA who neglects the business. Too many acquisitions.

Advice to Management

Hire a CEO who will look after the European business. Even better hire a CEO for the whole Group. Jean Philippe is not the CEO. He has no power or authority. CEO is Seale Moorer and he is an autocrat who has destroyed the business.

Aug 3, 2016 – HR Advisor

I think it is fair to say that Quadriga is on a journey down a new path. Like most transitions it has a period of change that some employees might find unsettling, but provides them with the ability... More

8. "Engineering perspective"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Quadriga full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly environment to work with in a dynamic Engineering team

Cons

new development needed and team size needs to be increased

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Quadriga full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

was a brilliant company to work for, company car and plenty of overtime, standby rota was a nuisance bur well rewarded with overtime. Able to work hours flexibly, providing work completed and no complaints.

Cons

Company was sold to an American company - Exceptional Innovation and Quadriga was merged with smart TV. Absolute terrible company to work for. They made hundreds of redundancies mostly of people over 50 years of age. Business will be on its knees due to appalling management

Advice to Management

Go back to America, you have destroyed a decent company and ruined 100s of lives. You made decisions without consultation and ignored the staff and customers who knew the business best.

10. "I would not recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Pros

They pay every month but this is sometnhing they must do if you work also every day and profesionally. I do not remember any other pros.

Cons

At least in my country, the lack of internal communication and personal development and much more being a woman.

Jan 8, 2016 – HR Manager

We have worked hard to ensure that communication across the company is open, honest, timely and appropriate to ensure that all employees are kept up to date and are aware of necessary information... More