QualCare Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Annette Catino

1. "General clerk"

I worked at QualCare (More than a year)

Pros

The People. The Cafe. It's Easy.

Cons

The pay is too low.

2. "Company"

Former Employee - Claims Specialist
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist

I worked at QualCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I experience a lot of professional growth with this company. They are now under Cigna HealthCare so operational structure has changed.

Cons

Mostly Poor and under qualified management there are a few really good ones however. Company was sold. Operational structure has changed.

Advice to Management

Ensure you have proper education for job function.

"Just Don't Do It"

Former Employee - Nurse in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Nurse in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at QualCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They let you work from home from time to time, Central Jersey location, they give you more than one monitor for productivity

Cons

The culture, the pay, the benefits, the leadership and management, everyone that works here is unfriendly and disengaged, you aren't allowed to talk to your co-workers, they tell you when to take breaks and they time your bathroom breaks, they only offer high deductible insurance plans and you will pay out of pocket for everything until it's met, the managers gossip about employees and are very cliquey, they expect you to work more than eight hours a day with no consideration for your personal life and schedule

Advice to Management

Read your reviews! The workplace is the most toxic, negative, horrible place I've ever worked.

"Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at QualCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management in my department was better than expected. The benefits were good, could have been better since the Health benefits were through Qualcare.

Cons

The pay could have been a little bit higher, to me it was below average for the amount of work that was required.

Advice to Management

Make more room for advancement opportunities. Less micro managing would be a plus.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at QualCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a Company that has grown significantly over the last decade. The leadership has been very conscientious to ensure the employees are well cared for.

Cons

The Company was acquired by Cigna over 18 months ago. It seems as though the cultures are similar but different, mostly as it relates to Cigna being a Matrix organization. Cigna has many different folks working on
    One project while it seems we have few folks working on many projects.

Advice to Management

Realize that everyone is doing there best and we need more help to do it.

"Claims"

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Vineland, NJ
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Vineland, NJ

Pros

No Heavy Lifting and air conditioning.

Cons

Low pay. No pension, though there is a 401k. Very inefficient operation. Upper management rules by fear and team managers are hyper stressed. You can be an excellent employee who always meets required targets, and still get in trouble for minor "infractions" or accused of not working hard enough. Too many people just don't care, and many just aren't very bright. Training is awful. There are seldom meetings to discuss changes in policy to be sure that everyone is on the same page.
    You must follow the chain of command. You can't simply call someone in another department with a question. You must send the question to your manager, who then contacts the other person's manager.
    Suggestions for improvement are not encouraged. In fact, asking why we do things the way we do can get you labeled as a malcontent. Maybe Cigna (new owners) will eventually make some changes, but I haven't seen any yet after 8 months. I'm so glad I am covered by my spouse's insurance which is less expensive with better coverage than the employee health plans. Avoid this company at all costs. Qualcare with break your spirit and make you want to slit your wrists. I am embarrassed to work there.

Advice to Management

Offer incentives to people who go above and beyond. Place more emphasis on accuracy and less on production. Treat your staff with more respect and be more accommodating with scheduled work hours. We shouldn't have to sweat it out awaiting approval for personal time off requests.

"Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I worked at QualCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good medical benefits, short commute

Cons

Small company, everyone knows everyone's business. No confidentiality within the organization as far as HR issues are concerned. No growth opportunities, sub-par compensation. CEO is crass and a bully.

Advice to Management

Take a few professional leadership courses.

"Working in the sewers would be better than this place!"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at QualCare (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck, that's about it

Cons

Management rules by fear and intimidation. Work/life balance...does not exist unless you consider 110% work and no life a good work/life balance. Unrealistic goals are pulled out of thin air and the rank and file are expected to split a gut trying to meet them.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people and treat them with the respect that they have worked for and deserve. Better yet....just leave!

"Decent Job"

Pros

Decent people
    Good Projects
    Good middle management
    They have moved up a lot after the Cigna purchase

Cons

Low Pay
    The people need to work with upper management a lot of siloed departments with almost no communication.

Advice to Management

Work on the silo effect, it really hurts any sort of IT/PM work at the company.

"Awful Place to Work"

Former Employee - UM-Nurse Care Coordination Department in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - UM-Nurse Care Coordination Department in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at QualCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no pros that I can think of. The commute time for me was minimal and I enjoyed that.

Cons

Poor, unknowledgeable, and Unprofessional management. I have never worked for a company that was managed so poorly! They do not understand health insurance. It's a terrible company. Turnover rate is high.

Advice to Management

Training training training