Qualigence Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Lowisz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great environment"

I have been working at Qualigence full-time

Pros

There is real team work here! Everyone jumps in when they have an idea that is helpful. The company is very focused on community involvement and improvement and that adds to the positive environment. Although the company is small, and many people were hired as referrals, there is a nice variety of personalities that blend well together.

Cons

The work is billable to the client so as expected with such, you are required to be fully billable. This means there isn't a flexible schedule as many companies are going to.

"Negative work environment"

I worked at Qualigence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You receive a paycheck and they have a nice gym.

Cons

High health care cost
    Nepotism
    Negative and defeatist work energy/space
    Unhappy team members

Advice to Management

Treat people as you'd want to be treated.

"A special place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I worked at Qualigence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's not until you go somewhere else that you can truly appreciate how special the culture is at Qualigence. The teamwork, family-like friendliness, and effort put in to promoting camaraderie was truly second to none. I will second those who have commented that this isn't a place to slack off - you will work hard, and it will not go unnoticed if you don't put in 100%. But for those who are willing to put in the work, you can find opportunities for advancement and even role creation as you find your niche. The small business atmosphere also allows your voice to be heard instead of being lost in the mix within a larger organization.

Cons

Because of the nature of the work, it is a pretty steadfast 8am-5pm job. However, managers can be flexible about doctor's appointments, kid events, etc. You just have to earn that privilege!

Advice to Management

The culture is what makes Qualigence shine - continue to promote an environment of kindness!

4. "Solid Company with Great People"

I have been working at Qualigence full-time

Pros

Culture and people in the company are great. Everyone is willing to help one another out to make sure things are done correctly for our clients. Very rewarding company. You work hard and do the right things, good things happen down the road.

Cons

Long sales cycle, makes it tough starting out to know whether or not you are doing the right things or saying the right things.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain the family like culture. The people here are awesome and everyone works there tails off. I appreciate the opportunity to grow in an organization like this one.

5. "Teamwork & Creativity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Pros

You're trusted to do your best work at Qualigence. Plain and simple.

They invest in your abilities, previous experience, and most importantly your potential. You will be challenged and it will be uncomfortable, but that is proof you are growing and they're thinking of your future with the company.

Your team (and yes, your boss too) is your backbone, you will all share the same goal. They'll keep you coming back every day, motivated to be your best and work hard.

Cons

Despite growing at a steady pace, Qualigence runs lean. You're churning out the quality and quantity of work on par with a much larger team. However, you will be recognized for it.

Advice to Management

Keep listening & evolving.

Oct 27, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for the honest review. Each member of the team has the responsibility and the autonomy to get the job done. We run lean in order to maintain effective rates for our clients and provide... More

6. "VP of Sales"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Qualigence full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. This week is a gleaners drive and Spirit week leading up to the U of M and MSU game. Very healthy work environment and the CEO really trust his people to make the best decision for the customers and our company. The Q impact team was created to help with the culture and making sure that Qualigence is giving back to the community. In my 15 Plus years in Sales and Leadership, this has been the best early experience I have had in any organization.

Cons

No cons so far. You have to be ready for the speed of the organization. The company moves fast and you have to be ready to jump in and roll up your sleeves.. Some people may see this as a negative, but i see this as an opportunity to make an impact.

Advice to Management

Continue to support that employee the way that you have. All employees matter at Qualigence is really the message that is sent down from the CEO Steve Lowisz

Oct 27, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the comments. Yes - a big part of our success is the speed in which we operate. We have assembled a wonderful team that is able to operate quickly, efficiently and with great care for... More

7. "Solutions Consultant"

Pros

Management team that cares about developing its people and having everyone in the organization succeed. They expect you to pull your weight, but reward you. It's a team-oriented environment with a gym, flexibility in your schedule if you have kids, etc.

Cons

Fast-paced environment at all times. A lack of hard work is noticed.

Advice to Management

Keep providing more opportunities for people to grow.

Oct 2, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your comments. As we continue to grow we continually seek additional opportunities for each team looking to do more. Always open to suggestions to help qualified individuals advance... More

8. "One person's opinion"

Current Employee - Consultant in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Qualigence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment is fast paced and challenging, while not for everyone, those who put forth their best effort will see opportunities to grow and further their careers. Evidenced by the fact that most of the current leadership team were hired in as individual contributors. The company is still small enough where there is a family feel to it and where employees can connect on a truly personal level.

Cons

If you are looking for a 9-5 with little supervision, this is not the place for you. Some have had difficultly managing the workload or the high level of individual responsibility handed to them.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the requests of the employees in all departments and providing opportunities for growth. It is appreciated.

Oct 2, 2016 – CEO

We are always open to team member suggestions. Although we cannot always act on all suggestions, we address those that are beneficial to the entire company. We do have a high level of expectation... More

"Overpromise/Under-deliver"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Qualigence (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, Coffee, Quarterly events, gym, required to take a lunch, overtime once a year, comfortable chair and first-shift.

Cons

I was hired under one set of statements and quickly understood these were all lies. The perception of what they want you to believe is far off. They train you to use unethical practices to retain information I had a problem with this.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves, ASAP.

Oct 27, 2016 – CEO

It's unfortunate that someone would stay at an organization for a year and then claim they left because we were unethical. There is already a lack of accuracy in that statement alone. Glassdoor is... More

"If you can stand ultra "Frugal" micromanaging leader, this position is a good springboard to a longterm career elsewhere"

Pros

Overall great colleagues. Workout facilities available at the office. Truly a team work spirit amongst employees.

Cons

THE WORST paranoid, self obsessed, toxic environment creating management EVER. No respectable professional should ever be treated the way executives do to their staff here.
    9-10 hours working day is a must in order to even attempt achieving their unrealistic project targets. In the rare instance you actually succeed and qualify for extra commission compensation promised....well let me know if you do ever finally receive payment for those earnings. Been a few years, but I'm sure my checks in the mail.

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees as expendable to protect the reputation of management executives constantly dramatically blame shifting and your turn over rate will go down

Oct 27, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for the post. Our expectation is that the work we committed too is completed in a normal work week. As an exempt team member we all pitch in to service our clients and at times it takes... More