Quality Dining Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Quality Dining Manager Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2018

Found 15 reviews

2.4
Quality Dining CEO Daniel B. Fitzpatrick (no image)
Daniel B. Fitzpatrick
  1. "Great Place for growth and development"

Former Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible hours Great Benefits Generous Time Off Family Feeling

Cons

Limited Growth opportunities in certain markets

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It was a wonderful place to work

Quality Dining2017-02-27
  2. "assistant manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Goshen, IN

I have been working at Quality Dining full-time

Pros

sometimes you meet better customers than other managers and employees at least the customers are honest. One customer in general said this from their regular everyday visit" These two people - employees say that they want three managers gone and the store gets neglected. I am there on time when I am scheduled on the day I am scheduled. I don't take from this company and when my husband comes in he pays for... everything he orders. No freebies.

Cons

They don't follow the rule hand book, treat their workers terrible, get rid of their best people. I am certified and if things aren't done properly I could lose my certification. And what I mean is that they don't use timers half the time they are supposed to, store cleanliness. When it is slow instead of cleaning they talk on their cell phones in a huddle, facebook and texting even between customer cars in drive... thru and on front counter. Sometimes they talk instead, I didn't know that you were supposed to do that instead of their job. And when you mention the proper procedure and the manager running the shift says the they don't have to wear a hairnet in grill or otherwise even though they are up for REV is that right. Every decision one assistant manager makes the store manager or the next manager says this is My store and What I say goes. They hired an employee back after they quit over a year ago and made them manager right away to run the store when they aren't there and aren't certified barking orders.

Advice to Management

I think that management shows favoritism and job prejudice. I believe that discrimination comes in many forms and that manager should listen to their employees and not judge. Remember what it was like before they advanced to their current position

Quality Dining2018-09-12
  3. "Applied as an Assistant Manager and ended as a Kitchen Manager. How? Relying on their word."

Former Employee - Kitchen Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of room for opportunity with many either terminated or walked off. That includes all positions. Crew, Leads, Kitchen Manager's, Assistant Manager's, General Manager's, and District Manager's are all needed.

Cons

I applied to be an Assistant Manager for $12/hour. Was told to learn the kitchen for 3 months at $9.50/hour before I can move on to Assistant Manager. 4 Months has gone by with Regional and District managers telling me they are going to discuss my future with me in the next week. Sadly both managers told me that 4 weeks ago. I helped open and operate the 2nd most profitable kitchens in the franchise delegating... around 10 employee's a times for $9.50/hour. Most crew earned more than did doing much less work.

Advice to Management

After multiple employee's walk off over the short amount of time I have been with this company, I can definitely say that this is a management issue. I joined this franchise wanting an opportunity to learn how to be a better manager. I did not anticipate my education coming from this company to be, " What not to do" as a manager. Communication is a huge factor in this issue. I personally have seen communication be... addressed by our President, John C so I am at a loss as to why this is not an understanding to those above me but below our president.

Quality Dining2018-04-01

"General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Willing to work with your schedule.

Cons

Terrible place to work. They don't value any employees. My regional manager made it known all the time everyone is replaceable. Pay sucks and they will expect you to give your life over to them. Was forced to work 6 day weeks with the 6 day not being paid!

Advice to Management

Shut down your business. Your values are terrible.

Quality Dining2018-04-04

"Toxic Environment"

Former Employee - Lead Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Other than the relative flexibility of hours there are no advantages

Cons

Poor environment, toxic workplace politics, low pay, constant pressure without commensurate reward, pervasive culture of fear

Advice to Management

Stop letting people walk all over you just because you're too cheap to hire more workers

Quality Dining2017-10-04

"BK"

Current Employee - Senior Restaurant Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Quality Dining full-time for more than a year

Pros

I Really appreciate the crew that I have trained since I have joined the company

Cons

The company does not care for their employees

Advice to Management

Make your employees feel important and appreciated for a job we'll done.

Quality Dining2017-08-03
  7. "Just awful"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job, good clientele and great hourly teams. Training program is solid, but they don't allow the time to do it.

Cons

Where do I begin...the general manager had no idea of how to run the business, let alone a team. No direction, guidance or any kind of leadership. The FOH team is fantastic though, they run the restaurant while management is too busy trying to figure what to do. The kitchen is disgusting with mold growing everywhere. Do not eat there.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage and not to let the team manage you.

Quality Dining2016-11-09

"A great place to work"

Former Employee - Manager in Evansville, IN

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Expanded Casual Dining over the last 5 years, but mostly on the East Coast. Performance appraisals tied to KPI's for the store as well as individually. Collective store bonuses are achievable if you have a work ethic and can function on a team, customer-oriented, team atmosphere, technology upgrades (Kitchen), store renovations / updates, Area Directors & VP, Midwest Ops very involved and personable. I'll never... forget one of the VP's saying, "We sell cheeseburgers like everyone else, but we win over our customers with impeccable service."

Cons

As of 2008, base pay was a bit below what other local casual chains were offering. The only con for this company. For this website, though... my last employed year was 2008; add that year, please.

Advice to Management

People before profits... always. Keep that perspective, and you'll keep winning customers (and employees) over.

Quality Dining2015-09-01
  9. "Poor upper management"

Assistant Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Quality Dining

Pros

Short work week, flexible hours, interesting employees. A decent place to start out but not a good place to stay .

Cons

Tons of turnover. Lots of nepotism in the upper management and zero room for growth. Morale super low amongst management.

Advice to Management

Meh.

Quality Dining2015-08-12
  10. "55 hrs is normal"

General Manager in West Windsor, NJ

I worked at Quality Dining

Pros

Gives you freedom to manage your store with little micro managing. Follow the rules and make sound decisions and you wil have no problems.

Cons

Seem to hire quantity when it comes to management teams ,rather than quality. Very inconsistent when it comes to leadership above the General Manager position.

Quality Dining2015-06-03