Quality Dining Reviews | Glassdoor

Quality Dining Reviews

Updated May 1, 2019

Found 38 reviews

2.7
Quality Dining CEO Daniel B. Fitzpatrick (no image)
Daniel B. Fitzpatrick

"Lackluster family owned company with little to no advancement if you don't work in a restaurant"

I have been working at Quality Dining full-time

Pros

40 Hour work week, money in my pocket

Cons

No advancement if you don't work in a restaurant, sub par pay.

Quality Dining2014-08-04
  2. "Positive experience with little to no growth"

I have been working at Quality Dining

Pros

Friendly family company, senior managers are very passionate about what they do

Cons

No room for growth in my position, underpaid

Quality Dining2014-02-06
  3. "Fired for being the only manager that cared!"

Former Employee - Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees that worked below me were fantastic When they transferred me to a store 50 miles away from my home they DID give me a raise that almost covered the cost of gas (pre-tax)

Cons

The AD was completely unethical Unfortunately they take store-level management for granted and will walk all over you

Advice to Management

Maybe the company is represented better in markets outside of Michigan, I would look to Areas in the company that are failing or falling apart and put 2+2 together...

Quality Dining2013-10-23

"Worst experience of my 30 yr career"

Current Employee - District Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Quality Dining full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large Franchise Operator, good concepts just poorly managed, Have the ability to do so much more for employees to gain loyalty and employees will take care of customers which make business sucessful.

Cons

Poor total pay package, employees treated like objects with substandard wages below poverty level with no consistent pay increases. Management feels they can go no where else so they dont care. Greedy family run business only looking to line their pockets with profits. District managers are just super store managers, no work life balance.

Advice to Management

When you decide to follow your company values, you will have a better company. Put people before profits.

Quality Dining2013-07-28

"Low pay, barely mediocre management"

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Mishawaka, IN

I worked at Quality Dining full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job, but that's all the good I can say about it

Cons

Low pay, inept management, poor tone from the top, little ethics-seem to take advantage of the restaurant workers, especially in the fast food division

Advice to Management

They wouldn't take advice from such a lowly person as me. Ego seems to be a problem with the CEO.

Quality Dining2013-05-25
  6. "Ok place for employment"

Senior Restraunt Manager in Portland, IN

I worked at Quality Dining

Pros

Quality Dining offers some good benefits to employees, sometimes friendly atmosphere to work in. Somewhat laid back enviornment. Wonderful customers to interact with.

Cons

Lack of training, due to the lack of hours given by District Manager. Lack of care and respect for store level employees. Lack of importance of family time. Lack of respect given by higher management ( District Manager and above. )

Advice to Management

None given, because they would not take this advice into consideration.

Quality Dining2011-04-25

"very enlightening."

in Ligonier, IN

I have been working at Quality Dining

Pros

the only thing i can say is that it paid the bills while raising my children.

Cons

company is not very loyal to the people who have worked for them.

Advice to Management

appreciate your long term employees more. they are the ones who helped get you where you are today.

Quality Dining2011-04-20

"The more you do to get a raise the less likely it is to happen."

I have been working at Quality Dining

Pros

It is a job, and in this economy that means a whole lot. It is generally easy to get time off when you put in a request for it. They offer Good insurance. Through working a public position like this one and having a good attitude you receive other job offers right there at work.

Cons

This company will promote any man who has been with them for at least a year wither or not they are qualified, even if they are poor workers. This statement may not be fair to the company itself as this could be a simple decision made at the district level versus company policy. This company also does not give raises or any other benefits to managers or crew who are willing to travel to other stores for them. They... also make it difficult to attend school, the closer you get to achieving your degree. They don't have benefits for women that most other companies have such as paid maternity leave. The insurance they offer is expensive. In general they just don't seem to care about their employees. They know the economy is rough and they take advantage of it. The company does not always supply the proper supplies needed to do the jobs they want accomplished, Managers and crew have to sometimes buy their own supplies or be scolded for the job not being done right.

Advice to Management

I know that at each level of management it is easier for the people below you to say what they would or would not do, but the simple fact is they don't have the knowledge or experience to know what works. Things are more complicated when you are actually in those upper positions. However it doesn't take knowledge or experience to know that the more you make your employees feel taken care of and supported the better... they take of your company...When you have employees who are willing to travel, this an expensive thing especially with Gas prices what they are, yet this is an expense solely on the people willing to travel for you, why? Most of the employees in this company are probably women yet there are no real benefits for women that let them know you at least acknowledge this. I know these kind of benefits can be expensive, however maybe they could be available to people who have been with the company for a certain period of time versus just making them available to anyone from day one. Supplies within your stores should not be cut to save money. No one feels good when things are not being done properly.. People want to work where they can feel proud of things they are doing and what the job looks like after they are done.

Quality Dining2011-04-20