Quality Importers Trading Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Giordano

1. "Company with great team atmosphere pulling towards one goal, Success!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Sales in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Sales in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at Quality Importers Trading Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team of people of working, no politics, everyone is very welcoming and nice to each other.

Cons

This is not for the weak, no yes men here and no free agents so not much for cons

Advice to Management

More company events and team building exercises

"Bad Company"

Former Employee - Sales in Weston, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Weston, FL

I worked at Quality Importers Trading Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a job that's it

Cons

Micromanagement, terrible owner, terrible management, terrible pay

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Account in Weston, FL
    Former Employee - Account in Weston, FL

I worked at Quality Importers Trading Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None wait some good people stuck in the abyss

Cons

The worst run company I have ever worked for, owner that can't let you work without being up under you micro managing your every move. They run through employees and managers so there's no stability. They have a HR person that's the owners personal assistant and does what ever he says even if it's not the correct answer to the problem. The owners will do whatever they can to not pay you your commission. If you get a call please do yourself the favor keep looking!

Advice to Management

Nothing you can't give them any advice

"Worst job with the worst owner"

Former Employee - Client Advisor in Weston, FL
    Former Employee - Client Advisor in Weston, FL

I worked at Quality Importers Trading Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros that I could think of and would never recommend anyone to work there. Some of the employees were nice but that doesn't make up for how employees are treated.

Cons

Poor management skills
    Poor people skills by owner
    Unrealistic goals
    Owner will try to take away any commissions he can
    Micromanaging

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect
    Maybe step back and let someone else run the company because it is chaotic and no one with any respect for themselves will work for you. You push people to their breaking point instead of encouraging them to do better.

"You Don't Want To Work Here!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative/Customer Service Representative in Weston, FL

Pros

The only pro that I can think of is that the Office Manager is Wonderful. She is a positive person who is skilled at managing people, and truly cares about her employees.

Cons

I read the reviews beforehand, and thought that with my positive attitude I could turn this place around and do some good. So, I decided to give it a try. The owner and president is very condescending, and has gotten to where he is out of pure luck. He was at the right place at the right time, and borrowed money and took a chance at something. If you are a robot and you are afraid to speak up to him then you will do fine, and you might make it past your 90 days. If you are a positive person who thinks that they can go in and make a difference, and help the company grow, then you will be used up and spit out. He will ask you for your opinion during meetings, and if you aren't afraid to speak up and you offer your opinion as to how we could make things better, he will fire you shortly thereafter. You will be given more tasks than you could possibly complete, and a higher sales goal than you could ever reach. He operates at a high level of anxiety, and passes it on to others who work for him. I truly believe that he keeps all these robots around so that he will have some one to blame when his company does not grow or succeed.

Advice to Management

The company culture is very depressing. You have people who are afraid to speak up and offer suggestions because when they do they are fired or shot down. It would be useful for the president to take some classes in how to talk to people. There are more tasks to be done than there is time enough to complete them. The amount of emails are out of control. It would be better if the CSR's had equal access to all leads. It is unfair to hold all employees to the same sales goals when they aren't equal in how many clients that are made available to them.

"Poor Employee Relations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I worked at Quality Importers Trading Company full-time

Pros

Small office and warehouse; nice staff; casual dress code

Cons

No overtime pay for hourly workers especially when it's DEMANDED that they work overtime; management treats employees like they own them and are rude and disrespectful; management don't approve time off if they don't like you or make you reschedule even if there's no business conflict; no sick days; nit pick at employee mistakes so they don't have to provide raises when they do performance reviews; no training AT ALL. EXPENSIVE HEALTH INSURANCE THAT NO ONE CAN AFFORD. ONLY THE OWNER, HIS WIFE AND HIS TWO FRIENDS HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE.

Advice to Management

Your employees are working and providing you with service. In return, you pay them. It's a mutually beneficial relationship. They're not there because they have nowhere else to go, allowing you to treat them like dirt. We're not your property and we're not slaves. Treat people with respect and don't treat them so badly!

"Not for the weak hearted"

Former Employee - Client Advisor
    Former Employee - Client Advisor

I worked at Quality Importers Trading Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros to working here include: uncapped commission structure, working with the owner and gaining invaluable insight in the industry, meeting business minded individuals in the industry with a wide range of personalities, being part of a team that works hard and plays harder!

Cons

The cons to working here are a matter of personal opinion. For me; the factors that didn't coincide with my natural state include: Very fast paced, dynamic internal structure, constant change of direction in sales approach, extreme micromanagement and lack of trust in the employees ability to perform their job duties, abuse of power. This position is not for the weak hearted.

Advice to Management

Give your team the recognition they deserve and resonate that which you long to bring to fruition within the company in order to get out of your own way.

"Hostile workplace with changing pay structure"

I worked at Quality Importers Trading Company full-time

Pros

Fun work parties from time to time

Cons

Difficult work environment hidden behind a faux 'company culture' - Owner is a control freak who doesn't allow for any beliefs aside from his own. A great deal of patronizing and negative feedback.

Advice to Management

Hire people to run things and manage your team so that you can grow a loyal, devoted staff.

"Horrible Place"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative

I worked at Quality Importers Trading Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees from other departments are nice.

Cons

The only way to succeed doing sales there is to not have any morals. Very difficult place to work for. Management does not help and they push the employees to their breaking points. High turnover rates. There is so much miscommunication between management and employees! Employees are not treated with respect. They have core values that they only follow if its convenient to management.

"Bad place to work"

I have been working at Quality Importers Trading Company full-time

Pros

Good sales manager and HR person but are owners puppets

Cons

People come and go for no reason if you don't agree with owner you get fired must be a robot they just fired there best sales person for no reason been at this place for a short time and have seen 9 come and go now only have three of us in sales room hope to find other job soon

Advice to Management

Sell company or you will see it go down the drain