Quality Services for the Autism Community Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Lisa A. Veglia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Medical Coordinator Supervisor"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in South Floral Park, NY
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in South Floral Park, NY

I have been working at Quality Services for the Autism Community full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience, Booming company, famil enviroment

Cons

Low money, Need more staff.

Advice to Management

I desire to..

2. "After School Program"

I worked at Quality Services for the Autism Community part-time

Pros

Ability to help individuals. Wonderful experience.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

3. "Great company, great culture"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

Pros

Great place to work. Team based environment where everyone is working toward the common goal of supporting the people who received services.

Cons

Fast growth has led to the agency getting too large for some of it's systems

Advice to Management

Update systems and think like a large agency not a small one.

4. "Wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I've been here for 2 years and have loved working for QSAC! The leadership and senior staff are really committed to helping employees grow and improve and find opportunities to advance within the agency. Most of the senior staff and directors started as entry level staff and are now running departments. There is also a lot of inter-department support between program, admin, and development - we all work together as a large team.

Across all staff levels, everyone is truly committed to helping to improving the lives of the individuals we serve. No matter which department you work for, you feel rewarded knowing that your job is making a difference for children and adults with autism.

The working environment is very open and welcoming and people form real friendships here. As a nonprofit, the salaries will never be as high as corporate jobs, but the benefits are great and so is the work/life balance. I'm always able to take my vacation days without concern and have a flexible schedule if something comes up. Overall, I highly recommend QSAC!!

Cons

No cons to share at this time.

5. "A great place to learn and grow"

I have been working at Quality Services for the Autism Community full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with QSAC for more than five years. It's been a great place to learn and grow during that time. I came to QSAC with some management experience, but the leadership team at QSAC quickly gave me opportunities to expand my knowledge and awareness of the human services world. In terms of pros, QSAC has a great health insurance benefit with practically no cost to the employee, which is a huge benefit. In addition, they offer a lot of training opportunities for all staff and encourage feedback.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time.

6. "Good agency to work for"

I have been working at Quality Services for the Autism Community full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room for growth, nice environment

Cons

Non-profits salaries aren't great but the benefits are

"QSAC MSC"

Current Employee - MSC in Astoria, NY
    Current Employee - MSC in Astoria, NY

I have been working at Quality Services for the Autism Community full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The most comfortable agency you will ever work for. QSAC is very open to all people despite sexual orientation, gender expression or disability.

Cons

Pay doesnt make the amount of work that we do. Other agencies pay more for the same amount of cases

Advice to Management

Instead of having private group meetings with just supervisors, the agency (specifically MSC department) should have monthly sit downs where people get all their concerns off their chest. The backstabbing that goes on is the one thing that severely turned me off.

8. "Community Habilitation Specialist"

Current Employee - Community Habilitation Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Community Habilitation Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Quality Services for the Autism Community part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to work with unique individuals.

Cons

I would like more hours.

Advice to Management

More full time hours

9. "Not too bad"

Former Employee - Group Leader in Astoria, NY
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Astoria, NY

I worked at Quality Services for the Autism Community part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The kids are amazing and you really get attach to them. I was lucky enough to work in the Astoria location and the staff trainer, the B.E and the coordinator was really nice and organized.

Cons

After school was part time so the pay was okay for part time staff and there's opportunities for extra money but it's pretty hard. You have good days and bad days so you have to mentally be prepared for the unexpected.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is to continue doing what they are doing. I've worked in several places and never came across a management team who is so caring towards the kids and the staff.

10. "Medicaid Service Coordinator"

Current Employee - Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC)
    Current Employee - Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC)

Pros

Some of the the fellow Medicaid Service Coordinators have a heart of gold. You develop amazing friendships. The families you serve make you feel more valued than management.

Cons

The pay DOES NOT reflect the amount of work you do. The gossip that goes on in this department is insane. Not to mention the way are spoken to like a child by management.

Advice to Management

My advice is speak to your employees like adults. As that is what they are. You should not be belittling your staff. You should be uplifting them and helping them grow. This one of the reason why you have such a high turn over. No one want to work at a place where they are not treated well, values and doesn’t get paid well on top of it all. Also having meetings( more like lectures) to address personal issues that should be address with the individual employee is VERY unprofessional. To make sarcastic remarks ( throw low punches ) about the things YOUR staff is doing wrong throughout these “meetings”, really demonstrates how juvenile and unprofessional management. Instead of lecturing your staff why don’t you brainstorm methods to correct what they are doing wrong. Also ask your staff why these things are occurring and actually take the time to listen to what they are saying.

******ADVICE TO PEOPLE APPLYING *****
    • DON’t waste your time applying here this job won’t exist a few months for now. I suggest you save yourself the headache and apply somewhere else that will value you, your time and help you grow.