Qualtrics Corporate Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • All the usual Tech Company bonuses - great office space, plenty of swag, free food etc (in 55 reviews)

• Company is growing like crazy and it's definitely an exciting place to be (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains; team has been refactored 3x in 2 years (in 24 reviews)

• need to keep track of your own work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

"Sales"

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is one of the best learning environments I have ever been in. People give sales a bad name but our job stays interesting every day because we are essentially a consultant helping solve difficult problems for the worlds most powerful companies!

The people are absolutely amazing, the company is growing fast, and the opportunities are unlimited. If you perform here, you can do whatever you want.

Really cool work perks too.

Cons

It's a quota based position so if you don't perform you take work home with you every day. This can get very stressful. If you work hard it is pretty easy to stay on top of the game.

Advice to Management

Make sure to continue to invest in your people. The culture is changing as it should with growth, treat your employees like your customers and Qualtrics will do big things!

"Sales"

Former Employee - Corporate Sales in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food (cereal, trail mix, bananas..), fun atmosphere, educated group of people, transparent office, Apple computers.

Cons

Long work hours. My team supervisor would always tell me that they expect new hires to work 10 hour days for the first year or so while they gain clients. The problem is that most of the big-name clients are already taken (and the remaining clients don't really have a use for the product or can't afford it). There is no room for growth and it's very difficult to switch departments. Their biggest department is the sales team and if that isn't a good fit for you, good luck trying to interview for another position.

Additionally, the base salary is super low - $30k. Not enough to live off of while you gain clientele.

The upper management is trying to be like Google and most of them are extremely full of themselves.

Advice to Management

Start paying employees higher base salaries, don't expect 10 hour work days, and create a plan for employee growth within the company.

"If you are good, you will love this company"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For those that excel, you can earn promotions every 6 months. The leadership team deeply cares and works hard to help you earn your next promotion. The people you are surrounded by will be top notch. It is rare to look to your left or to your right and not be impressed. The compensation is incredible because there are comp plans from 50k a year to over 300k a year all based on your promotions and performance. It is all up to you and no amount of politics will hold you back.

Cons

If you are looking for a job to just coast in, stay far away from this company as everyone is going a million miles an hour looking to make the news not just share the news.

"Extremely Rewarding Experience"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Very clear career paths
    -Limitless opportunities
    -Most employees are extremely motivated and driven. This pushes me to reach new limits
    -The experience behind the executive team undeniably will take this company to levels not seen from a Utah-based company
    -Family friendly environment
    -The company truly is motivated in all situations to figure out a winning situation for employees and the company
    -Very generous with the commission structure ( including accelerators), paying 100% of healthcare premiums, PTO from Christmas - New Years, often feeds the entire company, etc.
    -Very transparent.
    -The culture is very innovative and exciting

Cons

-Being around some employees who aren't able to hack it, and hearing them make false claims about a company who has nothing but the best interest for their employees in mind.

-Can be difficult to get up to speed quickly. Once you do, it's very well worth it. The company is figuring out how to help.

Advice to Management

Keep the line of communication/transparency as open as possible.

"Not what they promise to be"

Former Employee - Corporate Sales in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers, free junk food

Cons

Work is repetitive and boring, compensation structure changes frequently, no transparency with stock options, changes are frequently made that screw over employees for the "good of the company"

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with stock options: don't tell someone they have 1000 units and then not disclose what percentage of equity it is or how much its worth.

"Love this company"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am not sure why there are so many employees who have had issues. I have been here for years and I absolutely love working here. I am a current employee and I feel like I am treated incredibly well. I love the fact that we have great benefits and having 100% of healthcare premiums paid for is incredible. It would take a lot for me to want to leave Qualtrics. Here is a laundry list of items I love
    -pay - I feel well compensated
    -benefits - mentioned above
    -fantastic people - some of my best friends work here
    -opportunity for growth and leadership - there is no shortage of opportunities to grow personally
    -high expectations - I only want to be a part of something where everyone around me is as dialed in as I am. This isn't a "9-5" place.

Cons

I personally can't see many cons to Qualtrics other than the fact that it is still in startup mode and we are scrappy. We don't always have the most formalized policies and sometimes when you run fast you trip. This personally doesn't bother me but for those who are looking for a very "corporate" environment I think you are looking at the wrong company. The last thing is that as you get started in sales at Qualtrics you have to be in it for the long term. You will see your paychecks increase overtime but it will demand a high work load and require you to invest in yourself and the company.

Advice to Management

I have no specific advice to management. If I had advice I would let them know directly.

"The fairest shake you will get in your career. Seriously, go somewhere else and then get back to me."

Current Employee - Corporate Sales in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparency. Upward mobility for those who perform. Dynamic culture. Exciting growth opportunities. Very good leadership with people who are passionate about making a difference for both clients and employees. The culture is unlike any other that I have seen or heard of.

Cons

The hiring bar is set very high which may be frustrating for some (very selective). The compensation structure is set to highly reward those who achieve, which can leave those who don't (and sometimes those ramping up) with an unpleasant experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Fun place to work. Fair share of frustrations."

Former Employee - Corporate Sales in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Qualtrics provides a fun atmosphere, lots of free food, mostly good people who like to work together (and are obsessed with college football), has mostly decent upside potential IF you plan on being there for several years. This is a great job if you want to be a career salesperson if you're viewing it as a stepping stone to a real career.

Cons

They're not as transparent as they say. Some shady stuff goes on. Most people drink the kool-aid for a year or two before waking up and realizing it's not quite as amazing as they were led to believe.

Advice to Management

Provide more cross-functional training and opportunities.

9. "Qualtrics is going places"

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company that is going places for sure! They will be a commonly known software for big business and research companies. They are growing like crazy and have a great environment where people want to be even when they are not working.

Cons

First 4 months or so is tedious and can be frustrating as you build up your client base and learn the software.

10. "Qualtrics pushes you to become great. One of the best work environments I've seen."

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Qualtrics gives you everything you need to be successful, without micromanaging you at all times. The moto is work hare, play hard; which I think is extremely fitting for the company. Prepare to work harder than you ever have before, and the reward will be worth it.

Cons

There is a very high learning curve, which they give you every opportunity to achieve. Salary is low compared to some other sales positions; however, the opportunity for growth is outstanding. If you can make it through the first year then the financial success will be much higher.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for greatness!