Qualtrics Reviews in Provo, UT | Glassdoor

3.7
Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company is growing very quickly and is being very successful in the market (in 22 reviews)

• All the usual Tech Company bonuses - great office space, plenty of swag, free food etc (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • Tons of growing pains which have been frustrating (in 21 reviews)

• No respect for work life balance or recognition of extra effort (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Solid Past and Bright Future"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, everyone you work with is very competent as the hiring bar is quite high. Company is always playing the long game, staying cash flow positive, and not getting caught in the common pitfalls most growing tech companies face.

Cons

In order to obtain promotion you have to be extremely outspoken and identify contributions and impacts being made. Passive employees can often get passed up or stuck at a level unless they advocate and make a lot of noise.

Advice to Management

Love the transparency and other company core values, and would encourage it to continue as the company grows globally.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food every day. Fun culture.

Cons

Especially in sales, there is an extreme lack of women in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Hire more women, more diversity

Qualtrics Response

Jun 29, 2017

Appreciate the feedback! Diversity is a major global priority at Qualtrics and will continue to be a focus for us. Just this morning at an all-hands meeting, we were thrilled to announce that Lori... More

"Promoting from within is great until it isn't"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great learning experience

Cons

This will be from the lens of someone in sales (lower tier Account Executive):

What happens when you have success and you are really cheap? You promote from within. Make sure to label it as a ‘strength’ though versus a weakness. This is something Qualtrics has excelled at on multiple accounts.

Sometimes promoting from within can be great. If you are in a static market, it makes sense. There is little change in the everyday business and sales process. However, if you are in a startup environment where everything is constantly changing, you're setting yourself up for a bad time.

That bad time is in full effect right now. These homegrown legacy sales managers and region leads have no idea what or why the customers of today are purchasing Qualtrics (especially as it relates to SMB, Mid-). To sum it up, their mindset is outdated. This is more than a problem. These same individuals are the people who are doing ALL of the training.

I would love a competent leader from an outside organization to sit in on one of these sessions. I do not remember the last training that was well received. It’s comical at this point. This communication gap needs to be resolved.

Attrition is high. Not sorta high - I mean extremely high. Out of a group of 9 or 10 sales reps on my team from when I started, only two of the are left. Also, two of the most tenured reps in the company have also left in the last few months, too.

This is caused by many different factors, namely 1) account allocation 2) hiring too many quota carriers and 3) data in our CRM. The only individuals who hit are ones who either got really lucky with account allocation or the reps who have been here for eons and have great accounts.

While leadership says that they don’t care if attrition is high as long as their ‘best’ reps stay, that’s unproductive. The only way someone gets promoted is if they have a solid territory. The problem is that these territories are divided up arbitrarily. I've seen so much potential talent walk out that door because of unfair circumstances.

But wait, am I just making excuses? I don' know - ask the 75% of the software sales team that didn't hit their quota.

Advice to Management

As much as we preach transparency, every rep who has this problem is AFRAID to voice their concern. What is that? Is that transparency?

We talk about innovation a lot, too. Clayton Christensen is the one who famously noted that companies cannot innovate in their existing business model. And while it may be a stretch to draw this comparison, we're trying to that very thing in our existing business. How can you expect this legacy management team to keep managing effectively? Some of these people haven't sold in years.... Now think about what we sell now vs. then. It requires a MUCH different skillset. Again, please note that these individuals are conducting the sales training, too.

We desperately need team leads and regional directors from outside organizations - emphasis on desperate.

And I know what you're thinking, "but we're doing so well as a company." Sure, we are doing well. But, are we growing as fast as the market? Could we be growing faster? I'd argue 120% yes - we could do much better.

Our sales team is outdated - regardless of what Brian Schreier said. Look into this - don't ask your managers and directors who are stuck in this current paradigm either. Ask a third party who can give you an objective opinion.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great overall company to work for.

Cons

Poor management in the EE/360 department.

Advice to Management

Be more accessible to sales reps.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Catered lunches
    Great culture
    Autonomous work
    Tons of resources for support

Cons

Low base pay
    long sales cycle
    Poor operational training

"Qualtrics Manipulates Glassdoor Reviews with Employees"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A kid job best staffed by recent college graduates. If you are a recent college graduate, and want to have your soul sucked out of you while always maintaining a smile and constantly publicly professing how awesome Qualtrics is, this is the job for you. Also, if you love to replace all 'K's and 'C's in your communications with 'Q's instead, this is also the right fit for you. If you love to work your tail end off with little to no recognition (financial or otherwise), this is the right job for you. If you love to always have the taste in your mouth that you are working very hard to make a couple of people very rich, this is the right job for you. If you love having constant change in management and senior management, with almost 100% of these "leaders" coming from outside of the company, this is the perfect job for you. If you like to be more knowledgeable about all things Qualtrics than your boss, this is the perfect job for you. Oh, and if you like skateboards, basketball courts, flat-billed hats, arrogance, and free cereal, then you should look no further than Qualtrics.

Cons

Hmm, where to start? Let's start with the fact that multiple employees are asked, often, to submit reviews to Glassdoor to "drown" out negative reviews. I have no doubt that this review will be followed by multiple super positive and happy posts about why Qualtrics is the best place on planet earth to work. Such manipulation and deceitfulness is par for the course at a company that claims to help other organizations solve employee engagement problems while having some of the most disengage employees I have ever met.

Key questions to consider when thinking about working at Qualtrics:

Why is turnover so extremely high at Qualtrics? Over a five year span, we are coming up on near 100% turnover...

Why is pay so low?

Why are there no real career progression opportunities?

Why is all senior leadership so arrogant, and why are they so inaccessible to employees?

Why are all leadership positions staffed with external hires?

Why does so much favoritism exist in a company that professes merit-based recognition?

Why have four executives left in the last four years?

Advice to Management

None. You stand to make a lot of money very soon. If your compensation is success, you will soon be very successful. Keep up the good work!

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office is beautiful! I love that people can bring their dogs to work.
    A few of my managers are incredible - I have some of the best managers working here.

Tons of perks and great benefits!

Cons

If something is going badly, it takes way too long for them to address the issue.

Tons of growing pains which have been frustrating.

Some recent leadership changes have not gone well. How many Sales Reps and SDR's have to leave before they re-evaluate?

Advice to Management

So many people are leaving for the same reason. Every single SDR that leaves, leaves for the same reason. Shouldn't we take a look at this? Shouldn't we drink our own medicine and use data to understand what changes need to be made in employee experience?

"Great Culture, Minimal Growth"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Specialist in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Specialist in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, employees, leadership, and product

Cons

Minimal growth unless in Sales
    Pay isn't competitive with other similar titles

Advice to Management

Look for management from within rather than exclusively from outside

"Great Company, Horrible Jobs"

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, great swag, free food, awesome building.

Cons

Horrible pay and management. Jobs are all tedious, you are just a cog on the wheel.

Advice to Management

For a company that praises insights, it would be fantastic for Qualtrics to leverage insights on employees and make decisions in an informed manner as well. This is not the case at Qualtrics.

"Fun, functional, rewarding."

I worked at Qualtrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I took my dog to work everyday, they fed us 5 days a week, the grounds are completely fenced in and truly beautiful. Most of all I grew and developed as a sales person every single day.

Cons

Not a lot of personal attention from leadership, difficult to master