Qualtrics "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Qualtrics Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Jan 8, 2020

3.8
Qualtrics CEO  Ryan Smith
Ryan Smith
Pros
  • "free food & coke freestyle machines, good pay/bonuses for those who perform well(in 72 reviews)

• "Company culture, great benefits, young team(in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some internal processes can be frustrating (growing pains of fast moving company)(in 34 reviews)

• "Provo is not where any millennial from outside of Utah would ever want to live(in 25 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Are you willing to work for it?"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Qualtrics has some of the best people. The opportunity is lucrative if you're willing to work for it. Career progression is straight forward and transparent. Great benefits.

Cons

Qualtrics was once a place that you could underperform for many years. Those days are no longer. You have to be committed to the organization and willing to put in the work requirements for your job. Lots of much-needed attrition happening right now to set us up for success in the future.

Advice to Management

It's only gotten better every year since I've been here. Please don't stop that trend with the SAP acquisition.

Qualtrics2019-09-30

"Rocketship that keeps accelerating"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tons of great people. Lots of opportunity. Business is always growing. Leadership that cares. Outstanding compensation. Fun cool problems to solve. Balance with family life. Great benefits. Culture of ownership, not denial. Part of a behemoth SAP, lots of great mentoring and resources.

Cons

Fast paced environment is not for everyone. Be ready to work hard, as everyone is all in. Part of a behemoth SAP, not able to directly impact equity valuations by top performance. Compensation is still great though.

Advice to Management

Keep up your direction and vision setting. It's really helping keep the focus for front line leaders and employees.

Qualtrics2019-02-06
  3. "Incredible company with the best years in front of us"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture. Caliber of employees. Leaders and executives who care about you and your family. Investment in personal development. Upward growth. Work life blend. Great benefits including 100% covered health care premiums. Office perks (catered lunches, Coke freestyle machines, dogs, beautiful outdoor garden.). Founder run company. Genuine opportunity for A players. Chance to ride a rocket ship as it continues to create a new space (XM) and becomes a category king.

Cons

Growing pains you'd expect to see at a hyper-growth company.

Advice to Management

Continue to look out for the employees as we grow and expand (especially through the acquisition.

4. "Love this place"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Provo, UT

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, great benefits, and lots of potential for growth

Cons

Growing so quickly that change can happen regularly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

Great people (all super smart and fun), great benefits, and tons of opportunities to learn and develop my skill set.

Cons

We always have high goals, which makes it easy to overwork yourself. We all look out for each other and help everyone on the team maintain a healthy work/life balance, though.

Qualtrics2018-11-17
  6. "SDR - Satisfied, not excited."

Current Employee - SDR

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits. I make good money.

Cons

No flexibility. Sometimes feel babysat. No encouragement for creativity or try new things. "Do it this way or else" feeling. It's working, though.

Advice to Management

Stop being so numbers focused.

Qualtrics2018-11-30

"World-Changing Company; Fantastic Coworkers"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I genuinely believe Qualtrics is a special place. Like yeah, we've got the cool perks like yummy catered food, a cool office space with an unreal rooftop view, great benefits with competitive salaries, and an HR team who consistently solicits feedback on how to keep employees happy. But the real reason I love Qualtrics is that we're in this really exciting spot where the company is doing fantastically from a business side, which allows us to heavily invest in bringing in talented technical folks from various other businesses, creating a dynamic and deep developer team. The more we hire good, high-quality engineers with experience growing and scaling fast-moving companies, the better we've been getting. On a personal note, Qualtrics has afforded me incredible opportunities for early career growth (I'm leading a team here, and it's my first real job!), and I think that the leadership does a great job giving opportunities to people at the org who show potential to be high-impact employees

Cons

We've historically built certain things quickly to hit business deadlines, which resulted in us shipping poorly architected and low-quality code for some features. We're definitely improving our development process across the board, but we've still got a significant amount of tech debt that we need to continue to pay down with best practices. Lastly, we have a problem with people scale; there's just so much to do and not enough employees to reasonably do it all. Let's keep hiring great people!

Advice to Management

Up the frequency of employee pulse surveys, continue to promote/provide opportunities for internal folks, and keep listening to your employees. Focus on training and building good management (excited for the changes that Russ may provide on that front). Listen to your directs.

Qualtrics2018-08-02

"Account Executive"

I worked at Qualtrics full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, Great snacks, cool atmosphere, with cool work environment.

Cons

I think its interesting that a company that is completely focused on Surveys, and having a better customer experience for those that are Qualtrics customers.. but when it comes to their employees.. they never send post exit surveys of how to improve the employee experience at Qualtrics, and how to improve the process. It's sad because employees end up going.. and I have heard this several times, they say..."I got tired of the grind at the Q"

Advice to Management

Makes Qualtrics great again. there was a time when everyone was wanting to get into this company, and now it seems there is a big number of attrition there

Qualtrics2018-08-22

"Growing Pains Minefield"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Qualtrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fast growth means lots of room for career development - Reasonably good pay, great benefits and PTO - Lots of brilliant coworkers - Opportunities (sometimes involuntary) to wear a lot of hats - Post-startup culture means lots of flexibility... sometimes.

Cons

- Growing pains means lots of overcommitment on the part of management, paid off by "encouraged" unpaid overtime - Lots of junior hires without many mid-senior hires makes for nonexistent mentorship and a lot of terrible design/practice - Delivery and sales always prioritized over quality, operational integrity, or design - Heavy, pervasive culture of guilting and shaming of devs by management. You will be asked if you are a team player frequently, and rarely referred to as one.

Advice to Management

Hire tech leads and managers, stop over-commiting, stop assuming that "scrappiness" will see you through -- the bill is being paid by stressful, harried, rushed development. It's why sev-1s occur multiple times a week, and it will only get worse as you stretch resources farther for unnecessarily aggressive sales goals. "Scrappiness" is going to collapse your company.

Qualtrics2018-05-29
  10. "Not bad if you got in early or are part of the boys club"

Account Executive in Provo, UT

I worked at Qualtrics for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits. Lots of really cool people to work with.

Cons

There are also a lot of tools. The kool aid flows heavy and thick.

Advice to Management

Teach and help make individuals better.

Qualtrics2018-05-21