KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Quantcast

Is this your company?

Quantcast

Add a Review

Quantcast Employee Reviews about "401k matching"

Updated Sep 9, 2020

Found 16 of over 427 reviews

4.1
Quantcast CEO and Founder Konrad Feldman
Konrad Feldman
Pros
  • "Smart people and ambitious KPI,(in 35 reviews)

• "The usual tech company pros - Free Food, Health Insurance etc(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "lack of 401k matching, the company offers stock options but that's not liquid nor guaranteed money (though we all hope it is worth something, someday)(in 17 reviews)

• "This is not something I blame on the middle management directing our business but instead goes right to the top of management(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Quantcast and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "401k matching"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Good Culture and Team

Sep 9, 2020 - Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great people - I love my team and, mostly, the cross-functional teams I work with. I have a great manager at Quantcast - it makes a big difference. -The leadership has been solid throughout the pandemic. The company has made safe and smart financial decisions to keep as many people as possible employed. They have also prioritized employee mental health during pandemic and are giving all-company holidays periodically. -Great work/life balance -Lots of transparency about decisions we're making and why -Team members are creative, collaborative, smart.

Cons

No 401K matching Some teams are stretched far

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Short Term Job

May 10, 2020 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people in certain aspects of the company - free food. Two stars for culture only because the reps I've met here are amazing.

Cons

Quantcast has been on a continual decline as other competitors continue to innovate (validated through Google trends). Their business model is extremely behind the times, price gouging clients for a “managed service”, and selling customers unnecessary packages stating that prospecting will find “net-new clients.” Outside of them being a revolving door for top tier sales talent, validated through the average tenure of account executives on LinkedIn, they continuously raise quota expectations quarter over quarter. Do you like working harder for the same amount (or less) money quarter over quarter? If so, this is the job for you. Additionally, their sales process is screwed. Since the industry is in consolidation, the majority of accounts that are of value are in either in existing AE’s names or have an approved agency of record that you as a new AE can’t touch. This significantly hinders your ability to create “net-new” conversations, that by the way factor into your quota. Also, if you're struggling to schedule pitches you’ll have your back seat “sales” managers waffle between two levers. Do more outbound (total volume), or be more tailored in your outreach. If overall outreach numbers decrease, which they track and hound through SFDC, they’ll inquire why. If you’re doing a bunch of activity, but not setting meetings, the inverse will apply, and they’ll scold you for lack of tailored outreach – overall a lose-lose. There are only a few managers I’ve seen that care for their employees and don’t “back-seat” sell are and the internal director only cares about topline revenue, not solid sales practices (never run an incrementality test here), misleading AE’s on promotions, and burning bridges with past long term employees. All in all – take this job for an external promotion from an SMB rep or SDR, and for the first quarter’s guaranteed quota. Negotiate your salary, they pay 75-85k, don’t offer 401k match and offer diluted useless equity for a company that will never IPO. Look to leave after a year, year and a half - at that point they will have hiked your quota so high anyway, that you’ll be making less money than you were when you started.

15 people found this review helpful

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Feb 15, 2018 - Support Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Quantcast for nearly 6 years, and have had a lot of great experiences here. I've moved up through the org over the years, and always felt like i had the leverage to make a real difference throughout the company. Great vacation plan especially for employees who have spent 4+ years here, they get 5 weeks a year, employees here 2+ years get 4 weeks, and starting is 3 weeks. also get 9 sick days and 10 public holidays in the US. Great training, and ongoing development for managers. Top notch people, hire really great, passionate, kind, talented people for the most part . everyone i've stayed in touch with that has left always cite this as something they wish their new company has.

Cons

Career pathing needs clarification especially for mid level employees (IC's and Managers) who have been around for 3+ years and worked their way up through the company to that level. lack of 401k matching, the company offers stock options but that's not liquid nor guaranteed money (though we all hope it is worth something, someday). for the 5 years I've been here that's been one of the largest asks from employees in terms of benefits.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work overall, mid-management could improve

Mar 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall I've had a very positive experience at Quantcast. Compared to other companies I've worked for, the people here stand out as being especially smart, kind, and motivated to help the company succeed. Since arriving at QC, I've felt empowered as an individual contributor to notice a problem and take on a project to fix it. Personally, I've observed that taking initiative like this is applauded and generally rewarded. This certainly does not happen 100% of the time but it is much more common than at the two other tech companies I've worked for.

Cons

The main criticism I have is that there can be a lot of disorganization on high level initiatives that seems to stem from poor communication at the mid-manager level. It seems that managers on various teams do not talk to each other enough and there ends up being overlapping work or poor execution due to a misunderstanding of how another team operates. It's frustrating to find yourself in the middle of this and discover some work you were doing is not going to be used because the manager wasn't doing their job. Another strong criticism is that there is no 401k matching at all. I like Quantcast but refusing to provide any 401k matching just isn't classy. As another reviewer pointed out, Quantcast cannot claim to be on par with companies like Facebook and Google without this.

6. 5.0

Great Place for Sales Growth

Jun 4, 2015 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent product in the marketplace and positioned well for growth in the adtech space. Also pre-IPO and looking to go public in the 1-2 year range. Plenty of free food for lunch and dinner and snacks when you need them. Culture is great and the sales team is a fun-loving group that is very hard working. The training and support is dedicated and ongoing and really sets Quantcast apart when you look at similar companies. Good opportunities to expand your role and take on leadership roles or find new opportunities as you advance. Current leadership is a dedicated group with vision

Cons

Below average salary for the market and San Francisco itself. There is some balance when factoring in total compensation, but don't expect the base (or initial base + bonus) to blow you away. They are strong at recognizing and rewarding hard work and achievement, but in between these periods there is limited opportunity to "blow your number away" and pull in a large bonus At the current moment, there is also no 401k matching, gym benefit or commuter stipend

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sales Manager

Jun 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely intelligent people that are hungry to win, but more importantly are roll up their sleeves and work cross functionally to solve complex global challenges that face our rapidly growing business Internal communication & transparency - Employees are always up to date on the health of the company, what the vision & strategy is to go out to market, accessibility to the executive leadership team Clear and attainable career growth paths, everyone is measured on a even playing field and calibrated on a global level through bi-annual reviews based on objective core competencies.

Cons

- no 401k match (however alleviated by vested options over time) - slight lack of resources surrounding employees with children (care.com membership for emergencies) compared to leading companies in this specific topic companies like Google/Facebook/Patagonia

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A place for those who think outside the box

Aug 15, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Working with some of the smartest and most passionate people I've ever met - Friendly & cooperative company/work culture which makes it a great place to learn - Breakfast, lunch, dinner provided along with snacks and drinks - Paid monthly phone bills - Review cycles 2x a year = more chances for promotion/salary increase

Cons

- No 401k matching - Leadership's good intentions are there but the way they take action, especially when there is a reorganization or change, comes off an insensitive to employees who are affected by the change - Not necessarily a con but for those who need structure, Quantcast may not be the place for you. Someone who is flexible and adaptable to changes with a drive to learn will strive here

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Jun 19, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Quantcast just over a year and can say with confidence this company is doing the right thing. They are thought leaders taking a marathon approach to RTB vs. most players in the space who just sprint to the next easy dollar.

Cons

As a growing company, Quantcast has some room for improvement in some basic benefits - 401K match, maternity/paternity leave, etc. If they were to fine tune these, it would put them over the top. These are basics at most tech companies in the Bay Area.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Manager

Feb 3, 2016 -  in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very smart and talented group of people. Work hard, play hard mentality. Quantcast is growing by leaps and bounds, and for the most part, is doing this graciously. They also provide decent benefits, free lunch and dinner (cold breakfast as well), snacks, drinks, beer, wine, etc.

Cons

No 401k matching, some employees are paid a decent amount under market value (others are on par), not clear paths career growth.

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Perfect time to join

Aug 7, 2017 - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

QuantCast has a great engineering team that is growing fast. We are still small, but won't stay that way for long. Join now and make a huge difference in our technology and culture! Fantastic work/life balance. Fun events like our Quantathon and engineering hackathons.

Cons

I wish we had a 401K match. And personally I will be happier with all the stock options *after* the IPO.

7 people found this review helpful