Quantcast Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Quantcast CEO & Co-Founder Konrad Feldman
Konrad Feldman

Pros
  • Plenty of free food for lunch and dinner and snacks when you need them (in 16 reviews)

• Smart people willing to help you tackle large problems (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • At the current moment, there is also no 401k matching, gym benefit or commuter stipend (in 7 reviews)

• Company is growing fast so you may be placed under a mediocre to bad line manager who has little experience managing people (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Place to learn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great working environment
    - Smart colleagues
    - Cutting edge technology

Cons

- Would be great to get matching 401k

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you do.

"Used to be a much better place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Food
    Smart People: You'll learn a lot about the industry/advertising
    Great People At Individual Level: Everyone is extremely nice and feels like a family

Cons

I want to preface that this all started about 6-9 months ago when management changed, at the mid level... Things became extremely toxic and awful, you could not tell your manager anything without them holding it against you and building a case against you. It's a sad place to come to work when you feel like everyone word you say is going to be used against you at some point. This really negative energy has resonated across the entire sales floor and has made QC not the place it used to be.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring and promoting young managers who are more scared for their job then helping their employees grow.

"Great place to work overall, mid-management could improve"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall I've had a very positive experience at Quantcast. Compared to other companies I've worked for, the people here stand out as being especially smart, kind, and motivated to help the company succeed. Since arriving at QC, I've felt empowered as an individual contributor to notice a problem and take on a project to fix it. Personally, I've observed that taking initiative like this is applauded and generally rewarded. This certainly does not happen 100% of the time but it is much more common than at the two other tech companies I've worked for.

Cons

The main criticism I have is that there can be a lot of disorganization on high level initiatives that seems to stem from poor communication at the mid-manager level. It seems that managers on various teams do not talk to each other enough and there ends up being overlapping work or poor execution due to a misunderstanding of how another team operates. It's frustrating to find yourself in the middle of this and discover some work you were doing is not going to be used because the manager wasn't doing their job.

Another strong criticism is that there is no 401k matching at all. I like Quantcast but refusing to provide any 401k matching just isn't classy. As another reviewer pointed out, Quantcast cannot claim to be on par with companies like Facebook and Google without this.

Advice to Management

Expect more from middle managers. I have seen poor communication in middle management lead to so much inefficiency. Maybe resolving this and other inefficiencies will give you the financial wiggle room to finally provide the 401k matching that your employees are desperately requesting.

"Growth, growth and growth"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very bright and intelligent people, high bar for hiring
    - Focus on employee growth. Managers are responsible for growing employees
    - Engineering focused. Engineers are always put first
    - Perks, free food, bar in the new office, happy hours, parties, etc.

Cons

- Onboarding is hard, the ad-tech era is full of acronyms and new terms, and Quantcast is also full of internal names and codenames, many of them deprecated but documents are still lying around so a new employee has a really hard time understanding wtf is going on
    - Employer branding: Quantcast's size and scale is unmatched, and the company is doing great, but it's only known to insider and not many people outside of Quantcast know about this.

"Great Workplace"

Current Employee - Analytics Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Analytics Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. people are smart, care and hardworking.

Cons

can be a contentious environment if you get people from the wrong teams together at times.

Advice to Management

Sales and Eng/Product need to ease the tension and work together better. they are disjointed currently and little to no listening is happening. empathy is needed all around

7. "There are worse places to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good smart people that are easy to work with within the team. Individual engineers can be great. People are chill

Cons

People are nice off the job. On the job culture between teams can be suffocating. There is a tendency to be bogged down by legacy tech

Advice to Management

Be nice

8. "Comp could be better"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast (More than a year)

Pros

good people you work alongside, perks are on par with other tech companies, weekly sales enablement sessions, product typically works and does what you sell

Cons

quotas are somewhat arbitrary based on team and manager, growth and bonuses are limited, the advertising industry is a sort of "old boys" network where its about schmoozing client a bit more than selling value

Advice to Management

Pay Employees.. Salespeople are important

9. "Great work culture"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

As a contractor I had no idea what to expect when first starting a Quantcast. I can now say that it is an amazing work environment. Team members are more than willing to help you however they can, people smile and say hello etc...

I have also had a ton of guidance and support in my transition from contract to full time,

Cons

More opportunities to work cross functionally and learn more about different departments and there opportunities would be of great value

Advice to Management

Keep up with the transparency and showing your appreciation of all employees

"Great culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time

Pros

Quantcast has a very collaborative, fun, and supportive environment. I love the culture here and that you're given opportunities to make a difference to improve both the product and culture at Quantcast. Management is very transparent and continually make strategic decisions that are ultimately best for the future of the Company. I truly respect and admire Konrad's leadership and his ability to maintain open communication on a consistent basis.

Free lunch, dinner and snacks are always a bonus.

Quantcast has also made recent improvements to improve Maternity leave and career pathing. This type of personal support and professional development is another instance of the strong culture at Quantcast.

Cons

Typical growing pains. Sometimes processes seem unnecessarily complicated as we continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees with their personal and professional development to ensure higher retention.

"A lot of talented people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being in quantcast, I was working in advertising product, A lot of talented people working in their. Compare with working in bigger company, it's more fun and interesting

Cons

Don't know when will IPO.
    Also hiring speed is not enough for business growing.