Quanticate Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

4.0
David Underwood

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management give the impression that they don't trust their staff (even heads of function) (in 4 reviews)

• After you become proficient there is no way to develop more, low salary comparing to other CRO companies (in 3 reviews)

1. "People are great, but resourcing needs improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Quanticate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clear visibility of salary ladders
    Work is varied
    Colleagues are nice

Cons

Some of us are overworked, and others don't have any work (not sure what is best, something in the middle would be better for everyone)
    Family members progress quicker than others
    Flexible working hours aren't offered to everyone

Advice to Management

Look at the working hours policy, is everyone allowed flexible working hours? It doesn't seem clear. You can't get hold of some people until gone 11 am. If the policy was clear everyone could work around the flexible hours of others.

Oct 9, 2017

Head of HR

Thank you for your comments which are very helpful.

We have strengthened our resource team in the last few months and already some improvements are being made and this will continue... More

2. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Quanticate full-time

Pros

* Friendly office environment.
    * Flexible working times.
    * The company stays true to its vision and remains a specialised CRO.

Cons

* There is no real opportunity for cross-functional work, or understanding the work of different teams.
    * There isn't that much collaboration between the different global offices, or a sense of overall unity.

Advice to Management

* If there was the option of secondments with different teams, this could improve career progression opportunities and may encourage employees to stay with the company for longer.
    * More could be done to unite all the offices so that we interact more closely with the rest of the company.

Sep 19, 2017

Head of HR

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased to hear that you enjoy working for Quanticate.

There are a number of initiatives that we will be working on over the coming months and I... More

"Talented individuals; positive changes recently."

I have been working at Quanticate full-time

Pros

The company has some very talented individuals and gives a good grounding if you're new to industry. Company moving in the right direction and has big ambitions. Some great leadership.

Cons

Work life balance could be better valued. Some colleagues are overworked, while others could be doing more. CEO could be more visible within the company.

Advice to Management

Classroom trainings or in small groups, rather than more video trainings.

Aug 16, 2017

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that the changes we have made are making a positive impact on the business and employees. Thank you also for your comments regarding training, this is... More

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Quanticate (Less than a year)

Pros

Quanticate is a great place to work with a real focus on people and engagement led by the Executive Management Team. We are a global team who work in partnership together to deliver excellent results and there is a real sense of one team with accessible managers who listen to our suggestions and involve us. There is a real commitment to change and continuous improvement and I feel that I can make a positive difference. There is a lot of flexibility in terms of working hours and working from home and a lot of support in place if anyone has any issues or problems. Team work and collaboration are real strengths and I really enjoy working at Quanticate.

Cons

Every day is busy and a challenge and whilst for me this is a positive there is a real requirement to multi task and continually re-balance priorities. I feel that the company is making positive changes which will make Quanticate an even better place to work but that there is a tendency for some people to be negative as they find change difficult - I think Quanticate should look at change management training and development across the team to support this.

Advice to Management

Continue with all of the good work you are doing and build on the new initiatives.

May 31, 2017 – CCO

Thank you for all your positive comments! We will look at what change management training we have available and see how this could be increased / improved.

"A good place to progress in your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Quanticate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment with a focus on customer satisfaction and employee engagement. Flexible hours and working patterns are routine, and a wide variety of projects to work on make every day different from one another.

Cons

Promotions and salary ladders are a bit obscure entities, hopefully this will change. Recognition of work done is somehow lacking, efforts have been put in place to improve this but the road to improvement is long.

Advice to Management

Allow some more flexibility for overtime, many times employees have to work unplanned longer hours to meet client requests but these are never returned and can be frustrating.

Mar 8, 2017 – CCO

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that overall you have found working at Quanticate a positive experience. We are continually looking at ways to improve engagement so please do keep... More

"Time Sheet Crazy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Pros

+ Diverse range of projects.
    + Cooperative work environment with encouragement to acknowledge the efforts of others.
    + Fantastic office location in Edinburgh.
    + Regular internal knowledge share sessions.
    + Flexible working (home based, part-time etc are options).

Cons

- We have lost lots of great staff.
    - Management focused on budgets and time sheeting every detail.
    - Promotions can take a long time - there are great people who have 5-10 years experience and still not at "Senior" level and 20+ years experience and still not at "Principal" level.
    - The emphasis in "Leading" projects has shifted to checking staff have completed the 2 parallel time sheet systems properly - instead of effectively collaborating with the client, to understand the project and make sure a quality delivery is made.
    - Computer systems a bit dated - takes 15 minutes to log on.
    - No annual pay increases to keep up with inflation.
    - Insufficient improvement of processes and proactive involvement by QA.
    - Upper management give the impression that they don't trust their staff (even heads of function).
    - If weekend working is required you won't get paid for the first 5 hours work.
    - Issues with generic templates in Word and power point making some work frustrating.

Advice to Management

Focus on improving processes and quality.
    Value and reward your staff.

"Associate Director"

Former Employee - General Counsel/Associate Director in Hitchin, England (UK)
    Former Employee - General Counsel/Associate Director in Hitchin, England (UK)

I worked at Quanticate (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good working culture, work life balance, good senior management

Cons

Not very aggressive in terms of business development

Jul 3, 2016 – CCO

Thank you for your positive review in regards to the work-life balance, culture and Senior Management Team. Its good to see that our focus on continually improving the working culture is resulting... More

"Room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Flexible working hours and locations. Friendly staff, varied work and a positive effort from management to improve things

Cons

Some departments over worked and there is a feeling that training, promotions etc are unfair. Lack of transparency.

Advice to Management

Be more honest with staff, use less management speak when communicating.

May 10, 2016 – CCO

We will feed this back to the management team. Please do talk your manager, a representative of the employee engagement forum or send a suggestion through the suggestions boxes if you have any... More

"varied, can be challenging, innovative training"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hitchin, England (UK)

I have been working at Quanticate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

professional, rewards excellence, good teamwork

Cons

can be challenging, some training available only in non-office time - but still that training is available!

Advice to Management

try to keep channels open to hear new ideas

May 10, 2016 – CCO

Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you are aware of the employee engagement forum and the suggestions initiative so please do ensure that any ideas are sent via these routes so that we can... More

""Thought leadership" company in its field with great expansion opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Quanticate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Senior staff members recognised as thought leaders in their fields
    Highly respected by clients for quality of outputs and great customer service
    Innovative workplace where new service offerings are continually developed
    Opportunity to work with high profile companies on interesting and technically challenging projects
    Expanding client and project base presents a very positive outlook for 2014 and beyond
    Plenty of opportunity for advancement - talent is recognised and developed
    Friendly professional environment

Cons

Some of the cons mentioned by others are being dealt with, for example central points in offices for staff feedback and suggestions, to aid information sharing and help bring good ideas to the fore.

Advice to Management

Continue attracting the top biometrics talent to the teams in order to support the ongoing projects, which will help with 2014 expansion plans.