Quantum Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Quantum Corporation CEO Adalio T. Sanchez
Adalio T. Sanchez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Offers great flexibility, ability to work from home, real work/life balance (in 29 reviews)

• Some very good people and StorNext is amazing (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is top heavy and doesn't have a true understanding of the customers needs and wants (in 14 reviews)

• Stock price constantly dropping (in 8 reviews)

"Completely Clueless Management in Tape Automation at the Englewood facility."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Englewood, CO

I worked at Quantum Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Engineers to work with. Great Insurance, 401K matching

Cons

The management is the worst I've seen in over 25 Years developing Software. Especially the Tape Automation Management in Englewood Colorado. In my opinion, they are why the stock went from $40.00 per share to $0.40 per share in 15 years. It hit a low of $0.09 a few years ago. They also show favoritism to a few brown noses, that got all the kudos, raises, etc...

Advice to Management

Look into a different field of employment. Maybe Men's Rooms attendants, or their assistants.

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Director in Elizabeth, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Elizabeth, CO

I worked at Quantum Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flex time and work from home

Cons

Put the wrong people in positions, no management oversight, minimal direction

Advice to Management

Stop being a good old boys network and listen to people that know what they are doing,

"Too many laters of management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Decent pay and good benefits

Cons

Too many layers of management, too many layoffs, outdated products

Advice to Management

Too many of you. Time to cut back managers who manage less than twelve people

"Layoffs just keep coming"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at Quantum Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work / life balance

Cons

Worked here for over 5 years. No real direction, trying to cut the way to profitability.
    Cut major efforts, trying to do too much. Products are too niche and too old. Company doesn't own the intellectual property that it relies upon, which means as costs rise from others, Quantum loses more and more margin. Not stable and I don't see a good end in sight.

Advice to Management

Drop management layers, concentrate only on what you are good at and sell to the highest bidder. BTW : if you don't own the technology, you won't be profitable at it.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Quantum Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits were decent, although insurance prices significantly increased over my years there. Offers an ESPP. Flexible work schedules. Most teams in sales are not micromanaged, but that is slowly changing. Some managers are solid, along with some of the talent across the organization. Some nice people there, I hope they see the signs and get out before the ship has completely sunk.

Cons

I have many friends that are still at Quantum... but I hope they get out. This ship isn't just sinking under the current leadership, it's also on fire too.
    CEO needs to go, has only driven the company into the ground. Upper level management are all buddies - they all seem to look out for each other, rather than looking out for the company's best interest.
    Office space in Bellevue is outdated and constantly being re-configured - perhaps the musical-chairs funds should be spent on something that would help generate revenue.
    Inconstant with work from home opportunities. Varies across the organization, with any rhyme or reason.
    Culture and work environment are poor. Everyone just comes to work, sits at their desk, does their job, and then heads home. In Bellevue, you could walk to you desk and not have a conversation with anyone for the rest of the day, if you wish.
    Sales incentives and compensation bonuses are continuously being cut and reduced - in an effort to help reduce costs.
    Because the company has been doing so poorly over the last 3 years, no one should expect a raise. Management consistently expects their employees to be happy with a 0-2% annual raise.
    Executives are so concerned about revenue recognition, they seem to be willing to just adjust how discounting is reflected on hardware versus support, as hardware revenue can be recognized right after it shipped. Support cannot be recognized until the month the support is rendered. I'm not a Wall Street or ethics expert - but if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...
    Do not board this ship, my friends... You'll be sorry you did!

Advice to Management

Executive level appears to be like a "gentlemen's club," they have all been with the company for many, many years. Get some new blood in there, don't just wait for people to retire and burn the company to the ground.
    Take a dose of your own medicine and, "Take the high road" and consider your decisions from a ethical perspective.

"Unreasonable and unrealistic view of Manufacturing."

Former Employee - Production Planner in Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Production Planner in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at Quantum Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's close to my house.....that's about it....no, really. That's all I can think of. They had eye candy, but most of the good looking women left. Now, just women that look like drag queens.

Cons

Company has been losing money for months now. No control of inventory. Most of the staff barely have a High School education. Unrealistic schedule of parts (they try to shove a watermelon thru a keyhole and expect the watermelon to be intact on the other side...instead you get mush). Management has no clue on ERP or MRP manufacturing environment. Engineering? It's all guess work. Marketing telling potential investors that they can produce 10,000 units a year. Yes, maybe if the year is as long as the planet Pluto!

Advice to Management

Close the doors. Game Over. You'll take the money and run....meanwhile, I get no severance. See you in Hell!

"Bait-and-switch in hiring process"

Pros

Good people, some of whom are actually interested in keeping the company alive. Most jobs have a great degree of work-from-home opportunity (not all though!).

Cons

Hiring process too fragmented. People not qualified to conduct interviews doing so with details about their own jobs, rather than the one interviewees are inquiring about. Culture is a heavy bureaucracy with little motivation to accomplish anything above bare minimum.

"Sales"

I worked at Quantum Corporation (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have strong market share in a dying business - tape back up

Cons

Beware of politics and sales managment

Advice to Management

Need seasoned sales management- currently they are clueless

"New Leadership Needed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Quantum Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work-life balance and flexibility is good for most, although Quantum can go overboard with the flexibility. However, they need to do that to retain people.

Cons

CEO and other senior executives are over-compensated for the results they are producing.

Advice to Management

Company desperately needs new leadership.

"I lost my job corporate greed"

Pros

The best part about working for quantum Corporation was the wonderful come robbery between employees. We were like one big happy family

Cons

Unfortunately profit is more of a concern to the company then loyalty to its hard-working employees..... It was very unfortunate that our job was sent to Malaysia.

Advice to Management

Loyalty to hard-working employees should be a major concern for any corporation.. American companies should keep their manufacturing facilities in America to ensure American quality..