Quantum Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Quantum Corporation CEO and Director Jon W. Gacek
Jon W. Gacek

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Offers great flexibility, ability to work from home, real work/life balance (in 26 reviews)

• Some very good people and StorNext is amazing (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Nearly no upward mobility - upper management tend to be young-ish lifers (in 12 reviews)

• Stock price constantly dropping (in 7 reviews)

1. "Good place to work, solid pay and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Quantum Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Offers great flexibility, ability to work from home, real work/life balance
    - Good people to work with
    - Collaborative, easy going atmosphere

Cons

- Could use more transparency from upper management

2. "Just starting, great expectations, Bellevue Office"

Current Employee - Account Development Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Account Development Representative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Quantum Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone that I've come in contact with so far has been great, even people outside of my team that I've started networking with. The Bellevue Office appears to be well organized and have their act together.

Cons

No remote options, but they told me this from the beginning, so no real complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep the great attitude.

3. "Quantum Employment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Quantum Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, top notch technology, fighting spirit, and always something interesting happening - things can move pretty quickly here!

Cons

Like many companies in this space, we're faced with virtually limitless opportunity and limited resources.

Advice to Management

I look to management to find the right path that balances risk and reward, and trust them to place the right technology bets.

4. "Great company! In constant evolution"

Current Employee - Director Technical Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director Technical Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Quantum Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people that work here are some of the best in the industry. The culture is really good and people are extremely friendly. The company is very nimble and makes it easy to be successful. People are encouraged to take ownership of their role and to give feedback to management. I feel very valued as an employee here!

Cons

For being a 35 year old company sometimes things change fast, you need to be flexible to work here. Some of the technology is old, but the company is starting to reinvent itself, it would take some time but is going in the right direction

Advice to Management

Some managers are often ineffective because they allow themselves to avoid seeing problems and go on believing things are good enough

5. "Best decision I ever made!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Quantum Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

Quantum is changing the way we look at storage and even before starting, I had read enough to know that the leadership is headed in the right direction. This is a tough industry right now, but whether I am in a meeting or on a call, the commitment and confidence in our future does not waiver.

Quantum clearly understands that being flexibility and supportive does not equate to less productivity. There is a work-life balance here like no other I’ve experienced before.

After joining Quantum, I realized it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I learn something new every day and when I do not understand something or need additional clarification, I have a huge community of support to offer assistance. Above all else, I feel like the leadership is here to help me succeed.

Cons

There is a lot of change and misinterpretation of the reason for that change can cause unwarranted concern.

Advice to Management

Continue participating in the present and planning for the future.

"Content Development Specialist III"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Parker, CO
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Parker, CO

I have been working at Quantum Corporation (More than 8 years)

Pros

Reasonable hours. Application of learned skills from education and on the job. Enjoyable work environment. Good benefits.

Cons

Not a lot of restaurants close to the office.

Advice to Management

None

"Wonderful, open, "family" type of environment!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Quantum Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ability to be who I am in a non-threatening environment. An environment that caters to the employee and allows them the growth potential they deserve!

Cons

When the finances are down (i.e. sales), they counteract with layoffs. Frequently.

Advice to Management

No problem whatsoever in this area.

"Procedures and attitude need to be adjusted towards longevity of the company while still maintaining customer service."

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Englewood, CO

Pros

The best reason to work for Quantum Corporation is the advancement opportunity is available if you do have the talent. There was not as much educational degree bureaucracy here compared to other places. They still valued education and offered a $5,000 reimbursement for education related to working for Quantum, which would of course help you advance there as well as other places.

Cons

Management across the organization seemed to drive behavior which was not necessarily supportive of those who wish to do the job correctly. If you have a good work ethic and want to do things correctly, this cultural behavior makes it hard to see through the game and feel as though you are doing the right thing even when you are doing the right thing.

Advice to Management

Advice to upper management would be to properly enforce Service Level Agreements to customers. Less money would be lost this way. Also, choose vendors who do not rip you off when reworking your refurbished equipment. There are many cases where a product was sent out for replacement, and had the same defect it was supposed to be refurbished for. Keep on the same track with employee relations and strengthen values there, it seems to be on the right track. Give more support to those who are truly doing the job correctly, and start tracking metrics correctly. Correct metrics will automatically drive the correct behavior. Do the research and try to figure out what the data is really telling you.

9. "Sales Support Representative"

I worked at Quantum Corporation full-time

Pros

Great co-workers with amazing team support.

Cons

There are not any downsides I can think of.

10. "Sales"

I have been working at Quantum Corporation full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Collaborative environment and ability to make an impact.

Cons

Not well known in market