Quantum Health Patient Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Quantum Health Patient Service Representative Reviews

Patient Service Representative

Quantum Health Founder and CEO Kara Trott
Kara Trott

Pros
  • Free food and drinks help us focus during all of our calls (in 14 reviews)

• Pep team plans company outings, food catering, free snacks provided (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Don't expect to get promoted unless you suck up or worked for Bob Evans (in 4 reviews)

• At the end of the day, we were working at just another call center and an expensive one at that (in 4 reviews)

"Patient Services Representative"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quantum Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is great here. I can't speak highly enough of the people I work with and work for. I have had several jobs where you just feel like these are people you are stuck with for 33% of your day. here they really feel like friends and family. The benefits here are out of this world compared to anywhere else I have worked. not just the pay and vacation, but the fringe benefits as well.

Cons

sometimes it feels like the company is growing faster than they might be prepared for. some times it feels like we are obscenely busy for no reason.

Quantum Health Response

Sep 19, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We are glad to hear that you enjoy your career at Quantum Health and value your teammates. As we continue to grow, one of our goals is to maintain the culture we have worked so hard to create. Thanks ... More

"PSR"

Former Employee - Patient Services Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Patient Services Representative in Columbus, OH

Pros

Free snacks, drinks, and food. Oh and free wi-fi.

Cons

Too many to name. This company is literally a joke. Good vision but the execution and people they have in place are god awful. I've never seen a group of people so incompetent in my life. Quantum is like a high school full of gossip, favoritism, and cliques. If your not into sucking up to people and being fake on a daily basis this place is not for you.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and actually hire people that have experience in health insurance. Put some actual policies and procedures in place. Run your company like an actual professional business and not a high school or social club.

"It is after all a call center"

Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quantum Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The welcome and buy-in of new emloyees to learn the company's core values and mission; hearing the CEO speak on how she started the company after leaving corporate law. Starting pay was good, great culture emphasizing walking pedometers and free healthy snacks (nuts, dried cranberries, granola bars, fruit bowl by the reception area). I learned so much in a short time frame and I did feel good helping callers where I used my own initiative or with backup from other team members. I have great respect for the experienced nurses who go beyond to help the hard cases, and hearing first hand how they made a big difference in people's health status.

Cons

My review is on the Patient Service Rep position where I lasted just 2 months in training. My background was in medical claims with little customer service on the phone. During the training over 6 - 8 weeks, some methods may not have been best preparation, too much role playing and joking around (role playing also used for testing which determined whether you were retained); points deducted in monitored calls for misquoting coverage from complex health beneifts or for not showing enough empathy but getting down to business of call. In comparison to other customer service positions, the expected tone would almost be called coddling because of nature of the call (health insurance and medical issues). Would have helped to use buddy system early on with seasoned reps where we take the calls and are then coached in providing expected responses plus navigating multiple computer screens to reach resolution in a timely manner. People who succeed in this role may have previous experience in collections, strangely not from medical field. Heard some employees promoted quickly for the rapid growith of company. Employees who do well are former restaurant workers who can follow orders without question. Didn't appreciate having instructions barked by trainer who wanted things done slam dunk to shorten call time. Often information gathering is dependent on other third parties, unattainable to complete in goal of 7 minutes. Those calls requiring outbound would add time to the length of your call. You may have provided great service and resolution but your total went over the expected time duration, and that is what is emphasized (someone else can do it faster for less money), not your effort in problem solving.

Advice to Management

Review training methods in preparation of new employees in this role. Some of the same scenarios were used over and over and repetition is helpful in learning, but in real calls it requires knowing how to access information quickly and accurately to be efficient at it (while projecting the compassion and confidence that you want in delivering the customer service).