Quantum Reservoir Impact Reviews

Updated Feb 20, 2020

3.9
Quantum Reservoir Impact President & CEO Nansen G. Saleri (no image)
Nansen G. Saleri
  1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - UI Designer in Houston, TX

I worked at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time for more than a year

Pros

friendly environment Good pay and benifits

Cons

N o C o n s

Continue reading

"Great opportunities for those looking to make an impact"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked in India, Canada and USA for the last 16 years for several companies. Most of them are decent to best companies. In my view, QRI is one of the best companies that I have ever worked for in my life. I have been working at QRI for the last four years. The company’s size allows you to become expert in different areas rather than restricted to just one area of professional development. You will be a well-rounded person on one’s career path. Everyone is approachable including the CEO/HR, who makes a clear effort to get to know the new and current employees. I have witnessed the employees grow into their jobs and succeed in their careers. Co-workers are friendly and highly educated from reputed schools. Also, the company keeps great association with scholars from prestigious universities for their expert opinions. In a nutshell, management makes sustained effort to focus on leadership in technology. The management keeps open communication with its employees. One of the best examples is the Global Communication meeting, which is held every quarter, to update the status of various projects and future projections. My manager has always been very supportive and provides guidance as and when required. Always makes a point to give credit to your hard work and puts the consistent effort to expose your work to the top management. Last but not the least, QRI has provided me a great work life balance. I have witnessed touching moments from Management/HR especially when employees were going through hardship in their life, which is highly commendable. I do feel like I am blessed to work for a company, which takes care of their employees.

Cons

The work is fast paced and always moving forward, making it a more fun and challenging environment!!!

Continue reading
  3. "Awesome Company! Committed Management! Great Vision!"

Current Employee - Support Staff in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management is very personable and treat you like family. The Company has a great vision and hires very competent people to be a part of their team. The culture is supportive of team work and work life balance. We are in a growth phase and definitely have a positive name and impact in the industry.

Cons

Limited training opportunities, limited upward mobility and limited recognition, especially for support staff.

Continue reading

"A (neurally) unique company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young professionals are involved in various types of reservoir management projects for large national oil companies, which is a rare opportunity for new graduates to grow fast and cumulate some experiences and networks in all aspects of O&G upstream in short period. Top-down thinking is the core of the company philosophy. Young professionals trained in this way may differentiate themselves from their peers in their future career. The recruiting standard is higher than companies of similar size, so you are more likely to work with smart coworkers. High diversity in employees. Relationship between bottom level employees is friendly.

Cons

Company culture is probably influenced by the senior executives’ Middle East early career: Micromanagement is very common; Paternalism is part of the company’s management culture; Nepotism is everywhere and chief officer claimed explicitly it is okay when questioned. While the company is trying to sell its technology capability, technology development keeps being derailed by senior executives who know little new tech but don’t recognize that. No good leader is leading technology and most technology team member have to learn on their own way. Top management can hardly tell the difference of technical quality between employees, so sometimes HR decisions look unfair. Highly inconsistent and occasionally unprofessional HR management, including on salary, career development, performance review, general HR policies, etc. Internal politics within management is killing the company. Some high-quality managers and employees left recently.

Quantum Reservoir Impact Response

October 2, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that QRI offers unique opportunities for young employees to garner experience and training. We pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and on the high level of talent and intellect we seek and cultivate in new recruits. QRI is a family office – the company began as a start-up with just seven employees. Over the past ten years, we have grown into a robust and anti-fragile organization. Much of that growth results from employee referrals – as you may know, we encourage everyone at QRI to help the HR team recruit top talent. That means if you have a friend, family member, or acquaintance that you think can make a contribution to QRI, we want to meet them! As you mentioned in your comments, our recruiting standards are quite high – a referral may get someone a foot in the door, but it does not guarantee them a place at the office. All hiring decisions are made by committee. With regard to your concerns about technology, please know that QRI has very recently hired a new VP of Quantum Technology & Automation, and even more recently named several new Technology Leaders within the organization to streamline technology development efforts. This is a transitional time, but we are encouraged by the enthusiasm of our colleagues and the vision of Management. QRI’s mission is to create maximum value for our clients. We do this in different ways – through our advisory and consulting services, but also through the growth of our technology. There is no limit to innovation at QRI. We hope that this addresses your concerns. More than that, we hope that as one of our employees, you feel empowered to share your thoughts with us in person. We want to hear from you.

5. "Great management; rewarding Quantum Culture; creative, project-oriented staff"

Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nine Quantum Values 1. Value Creation: Creating maximum value for our clients. 2. Science: Delivering unbiased, science-based, simple and effective solutions. 3. Innovation: Leveraging top talent, relentless reinvention, and intellectual excellence to enhance QRI’s value and global impact. 4. Anti-Fragility: Assuring fiscal anti-fragility—being cost-effective but focused on sustainable profit. 5. QRI First: Embracing a free, selfless, QRI-first esprit de corps committed to winning as a team. 6. Quantum Culture: Nurturing a non-consensus, playful culture—argumentative, self-critical, respectful, inclusive, keen on achieving QRI’s goals. 7. Safety and Ethics: Being fair, ethical, safe, and loyal. 8. Foresight: Knowing the short- and long-term, intended and unintended, consequences of our actions. 9. Stewardship: Being model citizens in the communities we serve and good stewards of Mother Earth.

Cons

Work is cyclical, and like most accounting departments, month-end closeout is sometimes strenuous.

6. "Great company, brilliant people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

QRI has a stimulating and motivating work environment. It's a relatively small company, so you have the opportunity to collaborate with different teams and senior management. QRI is also a very diverse company, which gives a multitude of perspectives both culturally and professionally. Quantum Culture and Community Outreach continues to grow and evolve with more participation than ever before.

Cons

As there are pros to a small company, it may not be the best fit for certain people. With smaller teams, your responsibilities continually increase and you may be required to juggle a variety of tasks in a very fast paced environment without much guidance.

Continue reading
  7. "It's the best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At QRI, you have the opportunity to collaborate and work with truly talented people - the best in the industry. The company offers generous wages and benefits, and is quick to recognize and reward employee accomplishments. The workplace culture is energetic and exciting - it's still a relatively small company and we're building it together. You can make an impact here. Being part of the QRI family means working hard, but it also means having the support and guidance of exceptional people.

Cons

Things move quickly here and employees need to be able to adapt to change.

8. "Great Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Company to work for. Great benefits, financial & fringe. Work life-balance and professionalism worthy of a mention. The company really cares and takes great care of its people.

Cons

Upword mobility is a struggle, but to be expected from a smaller organization.

9. "Intern"

I worked at Quantum Reservoir Impact

Pros

Good place to learn and people are very nice. Salary is good.

Cons

Sometimes you need to travel a lot.

"Floundering"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary and compensation used to be good ... some great technical staff work here, but the brighter ones are leaving ... Good coffee, though.

Cons

Delusional and egotistical executives are the real problem at QRI. They have no focus, no coherent strategy, micromanage everything, and instead of listening to staff who are on the front lines and experts in their own rights, they proceed to make directives and judgements that are not in synch with reality.

Quantum Reservoir Impact Response

December 7, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to QRI’s management team. We value your input; and we understand your frustration. As you well know, in 2015 the price of oil dropped precipitously, which prompted swift and decisive action by Management. To prevent lay-offs and maintain the Company’s anti-fragility, we elected to sharpen our strategy and refine our plans for moving QRI forward. We managed to cut costs without cutting jobs; we put forth a clearly delineated career path for professional growth at all stages; and we shared our vision of the future at the Company’s Global Communication Meeting. We believe in our employees. We find that a high sense of self-worth often comes with sharp intellect, creativity and passion. However, we foster a culture that encourages open discourse and depends on the best ideas winning out. Management has strong views of a path forward, but those views are always informed by the ideas and advice shared by QRI employees. We will continue listening to our employees, and we will continue working to make QRI a place where everyone knows that their ideas are valued.

Found 18 reviews