Quantum Reservoir Impact Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Quantum Reservoir Impact President & CEO Nansen G. Saleri
Nansen G. Saleri

1. "Great Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for. Great benefits, financial & fringe. Work life-balance and professionalism worthy of a mention. The company really cares and takes great care of its people.

Cons

Upword mobility is a struggle, but to be expected from a smaller organization.

Advice to Management

Become more market aggressive & even more antifragile.

"Floundering"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and compensation used to be good ... some great technical staff work here, but the brighter ones are leaving ... Good coffee, though.

Cons

Delusional and egotistical executives are the real problem at QRI. They have no focus, no coherent strategy, micromanage everything, and instead of listening to staff who are on the front lines and experts in their own rights, they proceed to make directives and judgements that are not in synch with reality.

Advice to Management

You had great employees that once believed in the vision of the company, but you have trampled on their commitment and enthusiasm by ignoring them because "you know best". There is no career development at QRI, and anyone who stays more than a couple years stagnates as the industry moves onward.

Quantum Reservoir Impact Response

Dec 7, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to QRI’s management team. We value your input; and we understand your frustration. As you well know, in 2015 the price of oil dropped ... More

"Technical challenges at a fast pace, high compensation with high expectations. Not for the faint of heart."

Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The technical challenges range from the difficult to the severe, and the technical teams assembled are world class, including many prominent industry figures. Bonus + equity + 401k match means compensation is slightly above average; it’s foreign service premium where QRI really stands out, and you can make lots of $$$. Overseas rotations are tough, but comp time is generous, and they try hard to accommodate those with families.

Performance is recognized. The executives are warm, open-door types who strive to make QRI into a big family, even as the company expands – the CEO knows everyone’s name, and their spouse’s name.

The company keeps growing, with a client and revenue base that has expanded every year, and a wide array of projects to work on. Our bread-and-butter is reservoir management consulting for large clients overseas; we also do mergers and acquisitions, strategic consulting, plus our own operations.

Cons

It’s a small company with big ideas, and corresponding egos – corporate culture is friendly but gossipy, even political.

Our foreign assignments, although highly rewarded and fabulous for career development, are not for the thin-skinned. Chaos management is everything; our clients need our help for a reason. We’re dropped into the front lines, and must navigate the fog of war. And then add the trapeze act between work travel and family life.

If you can distill order from chaos, offer clarity in the midst of mayhem, then you are a hero who will be recognized and rewarded. If you crave a structured work environment with lots of supervision, then you’re better off at an IOC.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize those who perform in spite of the odds, and who keep the $$$ flowing… bigger bonuses wouldn't be unwelcome. Be careful about announcing new projects until there’s ink on paper, to avoid exposure to non-constructive criticism when things get complicated. And please resist the temptation to pinch pennies on the front lines – to control costs, start with some spring cleaning at home .

Overall, QRI is a great thing to be a part of, and those of us who've been on this journey will be talking about it for years to come.

"Ineffective and Inefficient."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The compensation structure is really good. I think a lot of people work for QRI mainly for the money. Free parking, snacks, bus, gym, 401K matching, others. There are many and technical people. It moves fast as it is still smal.

Cons

Management appears incompetent. Some good people have already left due to poor career options for younger professionals. Travel is a lot also so there's quite a bit of burn out. The company is still family run in many ways and you see nepotism Not a lot of client diversity so this makes the company more vulnerable to oil and gas cycles.

Advice to Management

I Listen to us, your employees and your mid management. Be forthright with what you say and do. Do not white wash bad things but instead be proactive.

"The good days are behind them and the sea gets rougher every day."

Current Employee - Senior Person in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Person in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potential to make a lot of money given compensation system.
    Great technical staff with which to work and share ideas.
    Many of the projects are interesting.

Cons

Senior management should just stay home, they add no value whatsoever.
    Management shoots only from the hip and never ever has asked advice from any of the staff.
    Bonuses are very small compared to much of the industry.

Advice to Management

Seriously develop a five year plan of action by soliciting feedback from the staff. At $100 oil we can replace our salaries in days, you on the other hand can not, therefore it would serve you well to listen to those that keep your business running.

7. "Great atmosphere"

Current Employee - Analyst, Petroleum Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst, Petroleum Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, the work dynamic and the opportunity to travel and develop

Cons

No great cons so far to speak, things have been positive for my duration here

"Bizarre, bizarre place. Management appears lost and employees are never quite sure of their roles."

Former Employee - Reservoir Engineering Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Reservoir Engineering Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salary, human resources attempts to make job tolerable.

Cons

Nonstop work, nonstop travel. No strategy. Completely reactive work. No software to do requisite work.

Advice to Management

Time to shut it down.

Quantum Reservoir Impact Response

Sep 26, 2013 – Vice President, Organizational Capability

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments on how we are doing at QRI. I’m sorry we fell short in meeting your expectations but your parting observations are most helpful to me. Let me ... More

"The absolute best group of professionals ever assembled"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent office culture, friendly people, competent people. Everyone wants to contribute and works hard to help each other. Everyone is an expert.

Cons

With this many thoroughbreds, there's bound to be an occasional conflict. The work schedules can be grueling. Constant rotations between field and office take a toll on personal life.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the work schedules, insist that employees take time off to be with their families. You're doing a great job overall.

10. "Intern"

Pros

Good place to learn and people are very nice. Salary is good.

Cons

Sometimes you need to travel a lot.

"QRI"

I have been working at Quantum Reservoir Impact full-time

Pros

Great culture
    Top engineering staff
    Innovative

Cons

Long distance travel required at times.

Advice to Management

Institute formal training and educational programs--create more focus around career development.