Quantum Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bill Sjoblom

1. "Amazing career opportunity"

Current Employee - Division Manager in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Division Manager in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Quantum Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quantum Services is a awesome place to work with a lot of great people. The pay is very good and recognition is awesome. Quantum Services has made me feel like part of a big family more than just a worker getting a job done. This is the only place I've ever worked where I felt comfortable contacting higher up people such as the Vice president just to talk. This is the best place I've ever worked and the only place I've ever considered a career and a place to retire from. The advancement opportunities are endless and the only limitations within the company are the ones you put on yourself.

Cons

There is nothing negative I can say about my career at Quantum Services.

2. "Ok if you really need a job, but don't leave a steady job for this gig"

Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Richmond, VA

I worked at Quantum Services full-time

Pros

Monday to Friday daytime work schedule
    Pays well for the industry
    Some nice people
    Can make connections with store managers and vendors and get connected to other job opportunities
    That's all I can really think of

Cons

It is not a supportive work environment. Management will lie to you and clients, whatever it takes to get the job done. And then you are stuck dealing with an angry client. They say that recognition is one of their main values but they have it all wrong. Operations directors and certain DMs don't appreciate your hard work, they just want more. They think nothing of pressuring you to go to work in snowy conditions or work unreasonable hours and travel if they need it. I worked hard and took a lot of care to do a great job and none of that seemed to matter. All they care about is how fast you can get it done.
    Messy store conditions and mean managers don't help either.
    Communication is lacking and the company is just really disorganized.
    Hours are totally dependent on client demand. Many divisions don't get enough hours. You can get more hours if you're willing to travel overnight.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to clients and making promises you can't keep and leaving your auditors to deal with the blowback.

You can't make up for treating people like they aren't important by throwing a gift card at them every now and then.

3. "Audit Supervisor"

Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in York, PA
    Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in York, PA

I worked at Quantum Services (More than 8 years)

Pros

The one nice thing about this job was I only ever worked 1 Saturday and it was voluntary and very rarely worked after 4pm

Cons

You have to use your own vehicle to travel anywhere from 15 to 150 miles one way everyday and the mileage compensation barely covers fuel. Also they require you to subtract the first 10 or 15 miles from your total. This company is so concerned over productivity they basically tell you to guess at the amount of product you are counting in order to get the count done in time for them to make a profit. I felt like my integrity was always being compromised when I worked here.

5. "Don't waste your energy"

Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Canton, OH

I worked at Quantum Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The clients are amazing. You get to meet and work with a diverse selection of people. If you like to drive you will love that part, on average you drive 4000 miles a month.

Cons

They preach integrity but have none within there own company. They don't care how accurate the audit is just how quickly you can get it done and move on to the next. NO LOYALTY to there employees.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Stop taking advantage of those that are willing to give you there all. Be HONEST with your employees. Don't tell them they are being laid off and tell unemployment you fired them. Field opps could careless about integrity or accuracy all they care about are how many audits can be done in a day.

6. "It has challenges"

Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Ballwin, MO
    Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Ballwin, MO

I worked at Quantum Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are great, It's a Monday-Friday schedule Starting as early as 6am, you can train at home and get paid for it. Nice interactions with store management, they will help you and I always help if I can.
    Titan is easy once you get the hang of the 10-key on it. The job doesn't get boring you interact with new people everyday as you go to different stores. In the Saint Louis district we get to do Hybrid Audits, Scan Audits, and Financial Audits. I've learned something different each day.

Cons

Keep a soda or coffee on hand while on the road, driving sometimes is longer than the actual work. Minimum wage for the drive time vs. the Store time. Direct Management has a lack of communication and expects you to know what your doing without prior training which can cause a headache even if you are trying your best. You will not know, without being taught.

Management will cut a schedule without any notice, you'll start at full time status and the last day I worked I only collected 9 hours before finding a new job.

Advice to Management

Consistent training plans, hands on. Communication, patience, and leadership needs more support. Invest time with the little people and they will stay longer and become your investment.

The good with this company is our Audits are some of the best ones I've seen.

7. "Audit Supervisor"

Current Employee - Auditing Supervisor in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Auditing Supervisor in Canton, OH

I have been working at Quantum Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can have really short days working with this company. Also it's nice that you get paid from the time you leave your house until the time you get home. You also get paid for any work you do at home. They have great benefits and you get paid for meetings with free food provided by the company.

Cons

You can have long days when you have to inventory big stores. You get headaches having to deal with the managers and district managers.

Advice to Management

Keep everyone on the same page and keep moving forward.

8. "ok"

Former Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in West York, PA
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in West York, PA

I worked at Quantum Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Some nice people to work with

Cons

days would vary from 4 to 7 or 8 hrs. Stability was hard

"Work reliability"

Current Employee - Auditor in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Auditor in Albany, NY

Pros

Good pay, travel and expenses paid, loss of work or emergency help, great comraderie human resources or corporate personnel very diligent in resolving issues that may arise.

Cons

Not able to provide full work week, no planning ahead, not securing contracts with clients affects workload expectations for field workers, no advance notice to auditors regarding loss of employment due to lack of work, immediate at the moment layoff.

Advice to Management

Plan ahead, foresee issues that may affect continuance of future operations, specifically those that compromise the future of lower level employees with the company.

10. "Started as a good job... ended very bad"

Current Employee - Audit Supervisor in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Audit Supervisor in South Florida, FL

Pros

Very little daily supervision able to work alone for most days.

Cons

Not the best company to work for or trust.

"Not the best company"

Former Employee - Audit Specialist in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Audit Specialist in Rochester, NY

I worked at Quantum Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Finished early during the week, paid travel, no weekends or holidays.

Cons

Work is not for everyone, inconstistient hours, co workers arent the nicest people.