Quantum Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Bill Sjoblom

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It's Okay."

I have been working at Quantum Services part-time

Pros

Has 401k, health insurance, good hours.

Cons

Long travel times. Clients don't prepare for audits.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Terrible"

I worked at Quantum Services full-time

Pros

There are non worst job ever

Cons

Nothing told was truth expected to know everything first week don’t ask questions or how to do something because then your not good enough

Advice to Management

Better training

3. "You get out what you put in"

Current Employee - Division Manager
    Current Employee - Division Manager

I have been working at Quantum Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Monday-Friday with rarely a Saturday
    Early days (done by 2 PM usually)
    Opportunity for advancement if you work hard
    Raises come routinely
    Training opportunities in Ohio
    Independent work usually in teams of 2
    You are done once the job is complete
    Meet new people but don't have to work directly with the public

Cons

Communication is lacking
    Training is a work in progress

Advice to Management

Get the communication issues under control, improve the training, and continue to adapt to changing economy/business model

4. "Ok if you really need a job, but don't leave a steady job for this gig"

Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Richmond, VA

I worked at Quantum Services full-time

Pros

Monday to Friday daytime work schedule
    Pays well for the industry
    Some nice people
    Can make connections with store managers and vendors and get connected to other job opportunities
    That's all I can really think of

Cons

It is not a supportive work environment. Management will lie to you and clients, whatever it takes to get the job done. And then you are stuck dealing with an angry client. They say that recognition is one of their main values but they have it all wrong. Operations directors and certain DMs don't appreciate your hard work, they just want more. They think nothing of pressuring you to go to work in snowy conditions or work unreasonable hours and travel if they need it. I worked hard and took a lot of care to do a great job and none of that seemed to matter. All they care about is how fast you can get it done.
    Messy store conditions and mean managers don't help either.
    Communication is lacking and the company is just really disorganized.
    Hours are totally dependent on client demand. Many divisions don't get enough hours. You can get more hours if you're willing to travel overnight.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to clients and making promises you can't keep and leaving your auditors to deal with the blowback.

You can't make up for treating people like they aren't important by throwing a gift card at them every now and then.

5. "Audit Supervisor"

Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in York, PA
    Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in York, PA

I worked at Quantum Services (More than 8 years)

Pros

The one nice thing about this job was I only ever worked 1 Saturday and it was voluntary and very rarely worked after 4pm

Cons

You have to use your own vehicle to travel anywhere from 15 to 150 miles one way everyday and the mileage compensation barely covers fuel. Also they require you to subtract the first 10 or 15 miles from your total. This company is so concerned over productivity they basically tell you to guess at the amount of product you are counting in order to get the count done in time for them to make a profit. I felt like my integrity was always being compromised when I worked here.

6. "Inventory Auditor"

Pros

Meet new people everyday. Your day ends earlier in the afternoon

Cons

Large amount of travel becomes tiresome after a while

7. "Don't waste your energy"

Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Canton, OH

I worked at Quantum Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The clients are amazing. You get to meet and work with a diverse selection of people. If you like to drive you will love that part, on average you drive 4000 miles a month.

Cons

They preach integrity but have none within there own company. They don't care how accurate the audit is just how quickly you can get it done and move on to the next. NO LOYALTY to there employees.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Stop taking advantage of those that are willing to give you there all. Be HONEST with your employees. Don't tell them they are being laid off and tell unemployment you fired them. Field opps could careless about integrity or accuracy all they care about are how many audits can be done in a day.

8. "Amazing career opportunity"

Current Employee - Division Manager in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Division Manager in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Quantum Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quantum Services is a awesome place to work with a lot of great people. The pay is very good and recognition is awesome. Quantum Services has made me feel like part of a big family more than just a worker getting a job done. This is the only place I've ever worked where I felt comfortable contacting higher up people such as the Vice president just to talk. This is the best place I've ever worked and the only place I've ever considered a career and a place to retire from. The advancement opportunities are endless and the only limitations within the company are the ones you put on yourself.

Cons

There is nothing negative I can say about my career at Quantum Services.

9. "It has challenges"

Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Ballwin, MO
    Former Employee - Audit Supervisor in Ballwin, MO

I worked at Quantum Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are great, It's a Monday-Friday schedule Starting as early as 6am, you can train at home and get paid for it. Nice interactions with store management, they will help you and I always help if I can.
    Titan is easy once you get the hang of the 10-key on it. The job doesn't get boring you interact with new people everyday as you go to different stores. In the Saint Louis district we get to do Hybrid Audits, Scan Audits, and Financial Audits. I've learned something different each day.

Cons

Keep a soda or coffee on hand while on the road, driving sometimes is longer than the actual work. Minimum wage for the drive time vs. the Store time. Direct Management has a lack of communication and expects you to know what your doing without prior training which can cause a headache even if you are trying your best. You will not know, without being taught.

Management will cut a schedule without any notice, you'll start at full time status and the last day I worked I only collected 9 hours before finding a new job.

Advice to Management

Consistent training plans, hands on. Communication, patience, and leadership needs more support. Invest time with the little people and they will stay longer and become your investment.

The good with this company is our Audits are some of the best ones I've seen.

"Some good people thatmake bad decisions"

I worked at Quantum Services full-time

Pros

New work environment every day, lots of personal responsibility and autonomy, fair wages and benefits, some good people to work with

Cons

Some very bad people to work with, company actions do not match their stated values, high amounts of travel and sometimes work hours depending on staffing levels, not a lot of recognition and next to zero percent chance of advancement beyond division manager role.

Advice to Management

I would rethink what the word "integrity" means since it is thrown around so often and often not followed by the company actions. Too many times did I see the company choose the easy path over the right path, that's not what integrity means to me.