KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Quartet Health Employee Reviews about "quartet"

Updated Dec 1, 2021

Found 24 of over 132 reviews

Quartet Health Chief Executive Officer  Puneet Singh (no image)
Puneet Singh

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "great people pushing for increased diversity and education within the company.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Paid $30/hr and culture was amazing.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and reimbursements(in 8 reviews)
  • "A good mission on the surface of using data to predict comorbid behavioral health issues, but total lack of execution on delivering that value proposition to partners.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Unlimited PTO (that I was too scared to use out of fear of low productivity/ utilization )(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "quartet"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0

Not what it seems

Sep 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Unlimited PTO -great colleagues and managers

Cons

-Quartet will not exist in 2 years. At the rate in which it claims to be growing there has been little progress from the inside. Rather than focusing on one problem area and succeeding they are stretching themselves into new spaces without succeeding in their original product. Quartet just had a big layoff and treated these employees with little respect. Managers were not aware that their team was being laid off, computers deactivated right after meeting with HR -Huge culture shift from last year, employees don’t seem as excited about the mission and goals.

17 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee

Quartet Health; the mental health company that cares NOTHING about mental health!

May 18, 2022 - Care Navigator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros are pretty simple, you work from home. Which in all honesty isn’t such a pro anymore with so many companies offering this. That’s the only pro.

Cons

They continue to advertise “unlimited pto”. However this just isn’t true. If you’re a manager or above then yes, have at it. If you’re on the Care Navigation team or the Customer Support Staff who answer phones they will not give you time off. They count literally everyday you are off and have a point system for those who they deem unworthy to use their “unlimited pto”. It’s now the WORST Pto plan I’ve had in 20 years in health care. They have also taken our 15 holidays a year and reduced it to 6. Which is well below the National average for holidays allowed per year. The management staff have absolutely no idea how difficult the roles are speaking to the patients on a daily basis. The burn out rate is very high due to their unrealistic metrics. Also- most patients are not cared for simply because they have the “wrong” insurance and Quartet doesn’t get paid. This place is a complete waste of time for most patients and employees. If you want to feel like the sludge at the bottom of a pond, join Quartet!

7 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Think Twice - No Strategic Vision, Poor Management, No Growth Opportunities

Feb 1, 2021 - Former Full Time Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros are benefits and work-life balance.

Cons

- Quartet attempts to pride itself on its values yet does not abide by them. Instead, Quartet embodies a culture that promotes a toxic work environment, gaslights its employees and promotes out of favoritism rather than qualifications. HR does not provide a safe, anonymous environment for employees to share their concerns. - Quartet lacks a strategic vision. The company struggles to execute to ensure patients get the right mental health care and customers actually see a return on investment. The leadership team lacks diversity and an executive presence, often seems unprepared and untrained. For company-wide announcements such as changes in the company or strategic initiatives, Quartet instead uses blanket, meaningless talking points to address the company that often hold no weight or value. It is hard to see any impact that the leadership team has made within their respective teams. Rather, within Q4 2020, 3 members of the leadership team (2 of them women) left the company illustrating a clear fundamental issue that leads to a trickle down effect among the teams. - Managers at Quartet do not invest in their team. Managers are inexperienced, uninformed and manipulative. They pretend to understand and care about your concerns but nothing is ever addressed. Employees are not listened to and do not feel comfortable expressing concerns. HR cannot be trusted as anything you share will not be anonymous. - There is a group of 'favorites' within Quartet and as an employee, if you are not one of them, your chances for growth and opportunity are slim to none. Good luck.

16 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Top down and out of touch

Oct 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There was a time where there was great culture at Quartet. We felt valued as individuals and employees. Worked with amazing, dedicated, intelligent people. Culture has drastically changed since change of CEO in early 2021. There are (were?) great people pushing for increased diversity and education within the company.

Cons

The company operates top-down. Business executives make decisions for the benefit of the customer, who are insurance companies, without input from the product or service functions of the business (aka the folks who need to execute on these decisions who intimately know the patients and users). These decisions end up being totally out of touch with the way the product works and the way the product is used. The product has been subpar since its early existence- barely successful in getting patients to care. The company keeps adding dramatically different offerings without doing it's due diligence research on understanding why or how people would use it and end up building a bunch of features that have low usage and then jump to the next idea. There is a large amount of time and resources spent creating things, or signing on new types of users, and supporting new workflows, without doing the bare minimum research into it how it would work for these people and then they retroactively wonder why usage is low. It's laughable. The amount of context switching was unbearable and everything has a false sense of urgency. So the day to day work was getting word from leadership that we needed to work on something totally new immediately, have it done in 2 weeks (for like 1-3 months worth of work), and have very little clarity or context into why or where this new project was coming from. Then before we could finish the work, we would be put on a new project, that was the new priority, and needed to be done immediately, again with very little clarity. This impacted the quality of the work and my growth within my role. Since leaving, it is hard to even talk about projects I've worked on because so many of them either got deprioritized or were built just to realize customers wanted something very different (because not enough time was devoted to the projects so research and baseline understandings were neglected). There is no way to speak up and push for changes because these decisions are made by people that no one seems to have access to, or there were contracts that were already signed without input from multiple departments. So you are kind of stuck jumping between projects with no clear understanding as to why, working late hours for your work to be halted and deprioritized (so never finished or addressed again), and are fully disempowered as an IC and as a manager to advocate for change, a better process, or a harder look at an idea that is being pitched. The culture has plummeted. Morale has been very low all of 2021. There has been a mass exodus of senior IC's and leadership. There is a major disconnect between employees, hr and management. There is no way as an employee to advocate for yourself- Managers are not trained in this and HR says it is up to your manager at your review but give them no clarity or context into how the process works. There is instead a big superficial push to "set goals" that are transparent across the company but have always become null because priorities changed so frequently and rapidly. There have been a number of employees who's mental health has severely suffered while working at Quartet, which we all see the irony in. All of the startup perks and benefits we used to have were removed or there are plans to slowly decrease each year.

22 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast Paced Start-Up With Room to Grow

Apr 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy how much autonomy we have at Quartet. I'm not micromanaged and people take my opinion seriously. It's very refreshing to work somewhere where it isn't all about egos and people know it's okay to admit when a course of action didn't work out. I find the work I do to be very rewarding, especially when you see how your work can affect someone's life. After looking at some of the other reviews for Quartet, I'm a bit surprised that there appears to be one person spamming 1-star reviews. Maybe it's an ex-employee or a competitor but it's pretty blatant as they seem to mark every category 1/5. Honestly, if this was even 3 separate people I would be very surprised. Here is my take: Career opportunities- It's a start-up, how could that not be at least a 3 at a minimum? There will literally be 3x more people here in the next few years than there are today. Compensation and Benefits- We get unlimited vacation/sick time, we have weekly employee wellness events, we have medical insurance. I would love to make more money but it is a start-up and most of us received equity in exchange for large salaries, if anyone felt they were being severely underpaid, why even accept the position in the first place? Work/Life Balance - I would agree could use more work, but it isn't anything outside of the norm for a young NYC startup. We work hard, we celebrate our victories, and we succeed as a team. Senior Management - I think Quartet has some talented leaders who are well-regarded in their fields. We have people that understand and know how to work within their markets and respected fields and it has shown as we continue to have success month after month. There is no rigid structural hierarchy here, if you want to talk with your manager they make time for you and we have frequent meetings to talk about progress and results. I mentioned it before but most importantly our management treats us with respect. Culture & Values - This one I wouldn't understand how anyone could rate it below a 4. We have some really special people committed to making sure we are appreciated and they go the extra distance to plan fun events, team building exercises, and do everything they can to get people out of their caves to meet and interact with other employees.

Cons

I think when you start at a start-up company, you should know what you're getting in to. That being said, our current office is a bit tight on space but we just signed a new lease for 10x more space so I can't wait to see the new office. I do think compensation could be improved but there is something to be said about being given equity. This was the first company where I've ever received equity and it makes me feel like the extra effort is going right into my back pocket. Work/Life balance could use improvement, I feel like I put a lot of hours in and when I get home I want to completely unplug. I hope this will get better as we continue hiring more and more people each week.

11 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Don’t believe the recent good reviews

Nov 16, 2021 - Care Navigator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro to working at Quartet is your coworkers. Everyone on the Care Navigation team is incredible. That. Is. It. No other pros here.

Cons

Clearly they are trying to save face since they need to hire more people right now, but the recent positive reviews are bogus. One of them was written by current management. It’s honestly comical. They continue to hide under the guise of “oh but this is a startup and you should expect change.” This company has been around long enough to stop calling itself a startup. Be honest and tell people you still have no idea what you’re doing because leadership has changed one too many times and the mission is no longer clear. This IS a sinking ship, as a more accurate review below mentioned. I have worked at startups. I’ve worked at even smaller startups than this where things REALLY happen quickly. I am comfortable with a fast pace and constant change. The way Quartet has chosen to go about said changes, is not “a startup thing.” It’s a garbage company thing. They do not care about their employee’s mental health. This was made clear multiple times given the manner in which they threatened employees, randomly demoted people that had been there for years, and oh yeah, fired a LARGE amount of people at the drop of a hat with severance that was so low, a former Software Engineer told me he would be better off on unemployment until he finds a new job. These issues are not only in the Care Navigation team. This is a systemic issue from the top down and you will notice it in other roles. If you are looking for a company that offers growth within the Care Navigation team, this is not the place for you either. I witnessed many senior employees get turned down at even APPLYING for management positions. They do not promote from within and good luck even making a lateral move into a different department. That is not a thing for Care Navigation. Stay away from Quartet. It looks more and more as if they are trying their best to stay afloat, and tie a pretty red bow around themselves in order to sell. I would also like to point out that I am not a bitter employee that was recently let go or had any performance issues. I was a solid member of my team that always met my utilization and loved my coworkers. They lost another great employee because they do not value great employees.

22 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people!

Dec 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at Quartet is exceptionally collaborative and supportive. Some of the brightest minds in healthcare work here and make the engines run, I’ve loved getting to know my coworkers!

Cons

It’s definitely not a perfect place with room to improve in change management and operational execution. New leaders have much to prove, but the strategic direction is exciting and for an ambitious individual who can navigate a changing and many times ambiguous environment, there’s room to thrive.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Working on an important mission with a great, committed group of people

Jan 1, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quartet is tacking a critical problem in mental health, and has brought in a great team to do so. For many people here, mental health isn't something abstract. Sometimes it's substance abuse from a family member, sometimes a past experience with a broken healthcare system for depression. The personal connection from so many employees, from top to bottom, means that there's a sense that the products we're building must work and work well. I found it incredibly refreshing as it creates a culture of excellence, and it helps that you can directly see the impact of your work from the patient feedback we get every day. There's a lot of interest from insurance companies and provider groups about the work we do, and investors are recognizing the value that we bring.

Cons

There are some growing pains, and Quartet has expanded very quickly while still trying to figure out how to maintain the dynamic that kept the company functioning smoothly when it was younger. More management training for new managers has been implemented, and it'll be important to see how that makes things better. The stakes are high as we're working directly with people's health, which must be balanced against the desire of the company to iterate quickly and experiment with new approaches where many employees don't come in from the healthcare industry. Greater reliance of health/clinical domain knowledge will allow Quartet to make decisions more relevant and beneficial to users.

9 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0

Things are Looking Up

Jan 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quartet has changed immensely over the past couple of months and the changes continue to happen. It's been hard and at first I was uncertain but the changes have been for the best. The old strategy of the company wasn't profitable and being profitable is what pays the bill and ensures my paycheck. Apart of me is so fulfilled that Quartet is such an extremely mission driven company but it's not a nonprofit or a doctors office we are a business and we are here to offer a service. The bad reviews on here aren't false but they were at a different point in time in the companies journey. Things are really starting to look up. From the time I started in early 2021 the company has done a complete 360. I have extreme faith in the our new CEO and the new c-suite. I'm seeing transparency, structure, accountability, opportunity and reward that I've never seen before. Even though Quartet has been around a while it's still very much in a 'start-up' phase with all the changes in strategy so keep that top of mind and take it into consideration if you're looking for a new role here. I came from an industry where work life balance was completely nonexistent and Quartet offers some of the best work life balance I've ever seen. Leadership has recently taken some huge steps to offer career planning tools and growth opportunities.

Cons

A lot of amazing, talented people have left the company. A lot of work is ahead of us to execute on our new strategy.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Quartet is an amazing place to work! Everything from onboarding to employee recognition was outstanding.

Sep 10, 2020 - People Team Intern in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best parts of working at Quartet for me were the transparency from business leaders, the mission-driven culture, the culture of authenticity, and the support that was always present from everyone in the business. I've been in some companies where I felt like a burden if I asked certain people questions, but that was non-existent here. My manager was super supportive and so was everyone else (my work involved several teams). Also, the opportunities here were abundant. It was truly a place where I could see a challenge in the company, bring it to my manager's attention, and be given full support, autonomy, and resources to implement solutions -- even as an intern! I appreciated how much time they put into making sure their remote employees were just as engaged as their on-site employees as well.

Cons

I can't think of any cons from my time at Quartet. When I did face challenges, my team was always very helpful and made me feel comfortable going to them with anything. It's the way leaders responded to challenges that impressed me.

Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews