Quench Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 7, 2017

1.0
Tony Ibarguen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Low pay, bad management, poor quality"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Quench full-time

Pros

Only thing I can say positive is they are generous with time off, And the schedule allows family time. Nothing more.

Cons

Pay is a joke, never improves, they micro manage, manager over Texas is a joke. Product constantly breaks down due to most of units in field are used

Advice to Management

Fire the manager over Texas , pay more

2. "Awful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Quench full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only thing I can say is the people. I have made friends I'll keep for life. Everyone is friendly and just as fed up as me.

Cons

Everything else.
    Execs only care about a paycheck, not the employees
    Very high turnover, again no one cares if good workers leave
    High expectations for little pay and little respect
    Point system for tardiness makes sense, but it really only cares if you're late or leave early. No one acknowledges early arrival or late departure. It's actually expected
    HR is friends with certain employees, so there really isn't a safe "complaint" if you need to report something involving their friends.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, we're telling you the truth about things. You aren't working the things that we are, don't assume all is great when we're telling you it's not.
    Show that your employees matter, learn their names and show that their work is valued

"A joke."

Current Employee - Escalations in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Escalations in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Quench (More than a year)

Pros

I really can't think of one solid pro. The company is going downhill since going public. So I just ask myself why.

Cons

1. The company decides when your hourly or salary whenever it's convenient for them.
    2. They have a points policy for lateness, calls out etc which I'm fine with the amount of points per incident is ridiculous.
    3. Passive racism
    4. Not allowed to take breaks
    5. Training is TERRIBLE
    6. Unrealistic goals for certain departments
    7. The Deception is REAL
    8. Terrible systems.
    9. Easy task could be simplified
    10. No trust in employees

I mean I could go on and on. And you know it's bad when two execs leave weeks after each other and a top manager is fired when attempting to give a 4 week notice for departure to go back to his home country.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concern,
    Stop discriminating.
    Be clear on procedures
    Have training updates when necessary and or procedure change newsletters.
    Fairly distribute work load responsibility so ppl aren't overwhelmed.

"A Rudderless ship"

I worked at Quench full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Good experience to show what not to do in leadership position. You could be the smartest person in the room straight out of college.

Cons

There is no vision coupled with poor leadership from the top. Those that have ambition, talent, work hard, and produce are ignored or held down by management to protect their own jobs. There is no development of talent because their talent walks and they promote their lapdogs. Salary is a joke. They place used machines in clients business and the sell purchases that are used yet tell all clientele they are brand new. No warranty on their machines made by KSW in China (Go online and you can then for 1/10th the price.)

Advice to Management

Get a clue on how to run your operations. You have no idea how to manage, develop, maintain and grow talent. The lot of you aren't as smart as you think you are, in fact you all have absolutely no emotional intelligence. 90% of your staff hate you, hate what their jobs have become and are totally apathetic. Either you are too stupid to realize, or you don't care. Probably both. However, Watching you implode over the last year has been a great pleasure. Keep fluffing up those fake numbers on your books for stock holders. As long as you stooges remain in executive seats I wouldn't put a dime into this stock.

You want to turn this around? Cut your exectuive salaries and pay, promote the right people on your sales/marketing and ops team, not your former secretaries and those who have no gumption to tell you what you need to hear.

Or don't, so we can watch you sink faster than the Titanic.

"Scam"

Current Employee - Sales in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Quench full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not to many, looks like a good job but then you start to realize it's a money laundering scam. Used units pawning them off as new!!!

Cons

Poor upper management with no clue about managing. Core people leaving is not a good sign, started a few months back. No training and no direction.

Advice to Management

Wake up!! Hiring children to run your company is poor management.

"I've been in many positions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Quench full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You build wonderful relationships with the people, steady hours, the company wants to grow.

Cons

EXTREME favortism, terrible pay, very to little room to advance (when you do it's "lateral" and you get no extra pay for twice the amount of work), high turnover, very poor management, the absolute worse training I have ever seen (there is actually none, you have to ask), antiquated system and policies, no loyalty among staff, lots of drama, people complain to everyone, horrid raises, you can see that your manager honestly does not care, etc... (I got tired of typing as there are more but I don't really feel like I want to keep going and you get the picture).

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, actually train people, stop trying to take on ten peoples worth of work and taking your frustrations out on your teams, stop making it clear that people are liked more than others so treat everyone with the same amount of time and respect.

7. "Buyers beware!"

Former Employee - Technician in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technician in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quench full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It could be a good company if management would have an idea the nature of the business, and not relying solely on the falsified metrics just to look good for the investors.

Cons

Misleading the customer's, false advertisement. Indicating techs are certified and highly trained. I ask to do your due deligence. Try to actually find a certified tech from Quench, their are none. Question all the misleading info on the web page, including type of filtration currently being used.

Advice to Management

Learn your business. Being on the field replacing two or three filters does make you a real technician. I also suggest to listen to your employees, they have a name and a story, not just a number labeled to them. Remember your roots, that is if you were ever a real tech!

"Ridiculously poor management, and customer service"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Cherry Hill, NJ

Pros

Get to play on a tablet

Cons

Many to list. Management is a "good old boys club" with no management experience. Constantly find ways to lower your raise or Bonus. Actually focus on how many "touches" you get and can care less about actual customer service. Keep the same people in postions of power but expect different results (definition of insanity). Actually threaten to write you up for trying to stay warm by running your heat or air while doing their ridiculous transactions. Lie to customers that they are actually filtering their water with a coffee use water filter that costs 32.00 and only replace once a year.

Advice to Management

its like beating a dead horse

Quench Response

Mar 10, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Quench. Our Field Service Technicians are an integral part of our team, working one-on-one with customers and serving as the face of our... More

"Train your employees"

I have been working at Quench full-time

Pros

Paid time off is actually above average. the people i work with

Cons

Upper Management has no idea what they are doing. Way to many yes men work in the company. There is absolutely no communication from the corporate office to the warehouse.

"It started of very good and fair, change management and start to pick winners and losers"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Quench full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It help improve my computer skills

Cons

A company that micro management every aspect of you job!! Plus never would give a salary increase.

Advice to Management

Be more fair to the employees and stop picking favorites