Quest Diagnostics Reviews in Auburn Hills, MI | Glassdoor

Quest Diagnostics CEO Steve Rusckowski
Steve Rusckowski
1 Rating

Cons

"Patient services, Client services, Medical billing, Processing TIQ"

Former Employee - I Held Several Different Titles During My 17 Years of Service in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ok pay, great benefits and a very professional environment. Good training and you will learn a lot about the medical field. Great chance for advancement within the company.

Cons

Down sizing, and the pay could be better. Needs to have a union to give the employees a feeling of job security.

Advice to Management

I really don't have any advice, my job was discontinued by no fault of my own and would still work there if I could.

2. "Friendly"

Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Quest Diagnostics as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

This is one of the more family oriented companies. Spoke with some employees that were In-House. Only received positive comments about the work and personality.

Cons

I was only their as temp to fulfill a task. I cannot give too much of a negative review.

Advice to Management

Continue to care for employees.

"Overall good experience working for Quest"

Former Employee - Processing Group Lead in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Processing Group Lead in Auburn Hills, MI

Pros

Excellent salary and benefits. 401k company match 100% up to 6%. 15% of hourly wage for third shift. Good health benefits. Yearly bonus based on gross salary tied to company profits. Yearly health fair, free for employee & spouse, deduction from your bi-weekly health payments if you maintain certain health criteria. 8 weeks of vacation per year.

Cons

Laboratory in Michigan going through major downsizing due to work being sent to Chicago. Large staff reduction that has been going on for the last 2 years, skeleton staff left in lab that will probably be closing.

Advice to Management

Processing managment did not know how to do the jobs that they managed. Never received any support. While lab has been downsizing, they will not share any company information with the department. I was severed with no notice even after being told we would receive 2 weeks notice.

"Steady Decline"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They had great benefits until Obama Care. Vacation time was very liberal and they match 5% for 401k. I enjoyed the people I worked with.

Cons

After Rusckowski took over as CEO it became so difficult to work there he decided to go to a regional lab concept and reduced the work force in a lot of cities. It is so" Money Centered" that the patients and employees don't matter anymore. We were walking on eggshells not knowing who was going to get cut next. The regional labs are so overwhelmed that they can't keep up with the demand.

Advice to Management

"You don't build a business you build People and then the People build the business". This has been on a steady decline. Value your employees and treat them better than just a number for the all mighty dollar. Remember we are people too. Patients are suffering because employees don't care anymore.

6. "Sometimes it's better to work for small companies"

Former Employee - Physician Account Manager in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Physician Account Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Established company, sizable market share, name recognition, national and international presence

Cons

Downsizing, little job security, very low pay, poor management, don't value their employees lie about job security

Advice to Management

Get it together stop getting rid of your most promising talent. Throw the buddy system out and reward people based upon their performance.

Showing 5 of 1,432 reviews