Quest Diagnostics "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated May 18, 2019

3.3
Quest Diagnostics CEO Steve Rusckowski
Steve Rusckowski
Pros
Cons
  • "poor upper management, didn't value other employee's input(in 64 reviews)

• "Low pay if you are through agencies(in 46 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Need betterr management"

Former Employee - Group Lead Dispatch in De Soto, KS

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

great place to work if the conditions are right

Cons

Terrible mid and upper management in logistics

Advice to Management

Train yourself in knowing your job, also just overall management training

Quest Diagnostics2017-01-10

"Not a positive atmosphere"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

could work remotely and hours were flexible

Cons

poor upper management, didn't value other employee's input

Advice to Management

don't insult your employees

Quest Diagnostics2019-05-18
  3. "Buyer"

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Immediate coworkers where great

Cons

Upper management where awful

Advice to Management

Try to listen to the people doing the work

Quest Diagnostics2018-11-19
  4. "Okay"

Current Employee - PSR II in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

401K Vision Dental Medical HSA FSA Employee stock purchase plans. Uniforms every year

Cons

No support from upper management what so ever!!! The only good thing about working at Quest is the benefits, but don’t work over your 40 hours. You will not get paid out your time. If you have an issue do not expect anyone to help you, the management don’t care about their employees or what they are going through, as long as your there for your scheduled shift. They have obvious favorites and if you have been... here for 14 years or more and still haven’t moved up don’t expect one anytime soon. This place is a joke and just another paycheck.

Quest Diagnostics2018-08-14
  5. "Billing Data Entry"

Former Employee - Billing Data Entry in Tampa, FL

I worked at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity to work from home

Cons

Little to no flexibility, no opportunity for advancement, communication from upper management is horrible

Advice to Management

Treat employees better. Keep an open line of communication rather than blindsiding teams. WFH is intended to be flexible, but wound up being less flexible than being in the office.

Quest Diagnostics2018-06-05

"Family"

Current Employee - Certified Phlebotomist in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great group of co workers that I work with

Cons

If you have children, Quest Diagnostics is not the place for you. THEY DON'T ACCEPT DOCTORS EXCUSES. ITS POLICY. If you call in for any reason you are written up! Quest is also Top heavy with management. You have to report to a lot of people. Upper management in my area has no formal college training, which makes for a bad working environment!

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staff & implement a policy where Doctors excuses are acceptable. Pay more! You expect too much work for less pay.

Quest Diagnostics2018-05-07
  7. "Been with the company forever but they don’t value experience and employee satisfaction!"

Current Employee - Pathologist Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits with year end profit sharing. Salary is reasonable but could be more competitive with rival companies in the area !

Cons

Corporate mentality... make more money for the investors regardless of employee satisfaction! Upper management will hurt the core employees that perform the laborious job to look good following any corporate decisions!!

Advice to Management

Think it out first before acting and trimming employees for profit!!

Quest Diagnostics2018-03-30

"Company Doesn't Care About Its Techs"

Current Employee - Medical Laboratory Technologist in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Another job added to my resume.

Cons

Get ready for a long and scathing review. I have been endlessly tortured by this job, and I need to vent. First off, the building itself is old and falling apart. There are tons of holes in the walls, bathrooms are stuffy/humid with broken doors and just generally gross, and decor/paint job is old-fashioned, peeling away, fading, or just not cared about. The entryway is large and seems grand from afar but look... closer and you'll notice it's also old and falling apart. The couches are ripped and worn down. The carpet is old and peeling. Everything is just old and outdated, which may not seem like an important matter, but it shows how much the company's decision-makers care about the environment for their workers, which shows how much they care about the company itself. I've read other reviews remark on the "pro" of having an on-site cafeteria, which is pretty sad because the cafeteria is nothing special. It offers a typical salad bar, typical grilled meals like burgers and hot dogs, and a daily-changing hot meal that is most often just another typical cafeteria meal made to seem nice but made with cheap ingredients (think baked potato bar with chili, oooooooh how grand). It's nothing special. Oh, and it'd be one thing if you could at least buy this sub-par food with a debit card but NO- you have to either pay through some weird card system where you load money onto it from your bank account (can you even get the remaining balance back once you've left the job?) or pay in cash. Um, it's the 21st century- why can't you take my card?? One thing you CAN buy with your debit card? Horribly overpriced junk food from the vending machines. There are a few healthy options, like hummus and pretzels, but like I said, it's horribly overpriced ($3.50 for one serving size). Also, the cafeteria is pretty small when you think about how many employees work there and almost every single table (no exaggeration) is lopsided and being held steady by napkins wedged under the legs. Another *aMaZiNg* thing about this company is the "school" downstairs, which piqued my interest when I first applied to/accepted my position because at the time I was considering continuing my education with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Certificate. I didn't ask for details about the school, but they called it "school" and this was the Nichols INSTITUTE, so it must be great, right?? Well, guess what it is?... Tutoring for MT/MLT certification. AKA, information you would get while pursuing that degree anyway or information you could get from a study book/online. It's not a school, it's glorified tutoring, so they should call it that! Oh, but wait, there's more! This "school" also offers "Tech 101" class!... Like, really? Just think about it- a laboratory that seemingly hires AMAZING, COMPETENT employees offers a Tech 101 class... It makes me question just how amazing and competent these employees are if this place regularly offers a class that reminds its techs to change their gloves to avoid contamination (no exaggeration, as one of the "amazing" and "competent" techs from my team with decades of experience went to this "class" and remarked on these and other great lessons that she/he learned). In regards to the department I work in, sample volume is extremely high (and climbing) and most instruments are older and can barely handle the volume. The LIS is extremely outdated and difficult to use, which only makes handling the volume even more impossible. The good-quality techs/workers are constantly stressed and overworked while the terrible employees get by on doing very little/performing poor-quality work/making mistakes yet don't get reprimanded and even get lead tech positions. Upper management/CEO/greedy decision-makers continue to add on more clients to make their pockets fatter and therefore more volume comes in, yet they do not hire more competent employees or update the technology in the lab. The only pro is that there are a few supervisors in my dep't that are competent and actually seem to care about their employees; however, they are also extremely overworked and can only do so much to help our stress. Recently, my supervisor (whose opinion I trust) commented on the greedy decision-makers, calling them "corrupt", during a meeting where we learned that YET ANOTHER client was being added on and even more volume would be coming in.

Advice to Management

Tell the big guys upstairs to stop being so greedy.

Quest Diagnostics2018-01-17

"Decent Job, Terrible Upper Management"

Current Employee - Implementation Technician in Teterboro, NJ

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Consistent hours, great co workers, good team lead, easy to call out when needed. Vacation and sick time when needed.

Cons

Awful upper management, changes to company frequent. Sick time is taken away when you don't want to use it. Too much on our plate.

Advice to Management

Stop making so many changes to our job. We have enough on our plate, when I first started working it wasn't bad , but over the year there's been hundreds of changes to how we do our job

Quest Diagnostics2017-09-19

"Slave driven"

Current Employee - Specimen Processor in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay and meet some awesome people

Cons

Upper management does not care about its employees . You will be worked to the bone . TOP time and sick time are all the same not two different accruals . You have to borrow time to take vacation . No maternity leave . Snow emergencies don't apply but understandable . Only hear the bad you do vs the good most times .

Advice to Management

APPRECIATE YOUR WORKERS AND STOP WONDERING WHY PPL LEAVE OR DONT COME TO WORK . STOP EXPECTING MIRACLES WHEN NO ONE SEES YOU COMING TO HELP PROCESS 35-37000 PATIENTS A NIGHT .

Quest Diagnostics2017-08-15