Quest Nutrition Canada Reviews | Glassdoor

Quest Nutrition Canada Reviews

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fun for the most part"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Quest Nutrition Canada part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with, some teams very tight knit, hands on work

Cons

There is a lot of pressure put on you to go above and beyond what is required. Tight deadlines & a lot of work for a small group of people. For example the Art department was told to stay past midnight a few nights in a row to meet a deadline. They told us it wasn't required but strongly hinted that it might come back against us in the future

Advice to Management

Don't overwork your employees and make them feel like you care about them and that their work is appreciated.

"So much potential, mis-managed!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Quest Nutrition Canada part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very attractive store and environment. Owner is happy to invest money in the store which is encouraging to see. Displays trust in employees to an extent. Generous staff discount. I hadn't a huge deal of experience in the supplement industry so I was appreciative for the opportunity to begin with. So much potential with this business.

Cons

Unfortunately the store is just not managed correctly. There's no defined structure in terms of work schedule or wages being paid. No wage slip issued so when wages are actually paid there is some confusion. I couldn't help but feel underpaid from what my agreed wage was from the beginning. I felt very personally invested in the business from the beginning and unfortunately you don't feel the same level of interest from the owner. As a result of being so invested, I was happy to be flexible with my schedule to suit the business (I recognise this may have been my own fault), however in the end this flexibility was just abused so I wasn't too upset when my services were no longer required.

Advice to Management

Overall structure needs to be reviewed. There is so much potential with this business however with no set manager, there is so much confusion and a lack of clarity with schedule, hours etc. Whenever you feel the owner is only partially invested in the success of the business, it creates a somewhat discouraging message to it's employees, which is only going to hinder growth. I was a little disappointed that I was relieved of my duties via an email. Again it displayed a somewhat unprofessionally characteristic and a lack of respect. I can only hope this is reviewed for future protocol. I bare no bad feelings at all towards the owner and respect that he gave me an opportunity in a field I have only a little experience so for that I will remain thankful. I wish the business all the best for the future.