Quest Trucking Reviews | Glassdoor

Quest Trucking CEO Jason Dickerson
Jason Dickerson

"Loving it"

Current Employee - Team Driver in Cartersville, GA

I have been working at Quest Trucking full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quest is a great company and we love working with everyone here. We’re making great money too... finally!

Cons

It’s more work than we were used to at our last company, but we didn’t get many mile there either.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

Quest Trucking2019-01-01

"Used to be good. Not the best anymore."

Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Quest Trucking full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New trucks. good miles. They rent you a car to get to orientation, and put you in a decent motel. Still a little better than a mega carrier barely.

Cons

The owner is trying to become a mega carrier which is pushing his good drivers out the door, and has started hiring less qualified drivers. They started a salary program a year and half ago, and it went downhill from there. Mileage drivers get far less miles, and they will be the last to get loads. If you don't want to take a pay cut, then don't do salary. They pay pennies for what you will run. Which is 7k plus a... week on salary, on mileage you will be lucky to break 5k .You definitely see a lot of favoritism. When I started here I never heard anything bad from other company drivers,but now there is a thing that is going around we are the next swift company. I have been here a few years while the company still has a lot of good people there are many people showing their true faces. We run at 65, and now there is a threat of cameras. It's gone way too far. They don't take out state taxes unless you live in Georgia. The cost of health insurance is insane. At first this was an honest company not so much anymore. I can't even reccomend this company anymore. It is definitely not the same company I started with. I have started looking at other companies, because if stuff doesn't start to look up I will be going elsewhere.

Quest Trucking2019-07-17
  3. "Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Class A Cdl Truck Driver in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Quest Trucking full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hunky- dory from car rental, hotel accommodations, orientation but once assigned to a Fleet Managers such as Ricky Boone or Charlie McQueen it all goes to hell in a hand basket.

Cons

These two Fleet managers will collude, conspire, and orchestrate a plan to steal your earnings and final paycheck after they convince upper management "you resigned" which in fact QUEST actually fires you. Quest will give you a seperation letter in a few weeks which states "resigned" because they know the Law and unemployment which if you resign you get absolutely nothing. You basically get ONLY a few weeks to... prove yourself and get salary pay and then they kick you to the curb after they run your team blind which you cannot take mandatory breaks, showers, and eat. They watch you like a hawk ALL day and blow up the Qualcomm and cell phone threatening your load, lively hood, job, trick you into bringing freight back to the terminal etc., to attend a meeting when you actually resign...OH, GET FIRED! Talk about two faced these two take the cake!

Advice to Management

Stop listening to your fleet managers, as they lie, cheat, and harass your Professional Class A CDL drivers; to a point of no return. Please have the decency to return messages from your Professional drivers and except constructive criticism about QUEST, and stop hiding behind opinionated fleet managers/staff because they are truly the real bullies and liars. Keep trusting QUEST fleet managers/staff and watch where... it will gets QUEST, as ALL your profits and Professional driver fly out the window or walk out the door. Can you say BANKRUPTCY...as it won't be long.

Quest Trucking2019-02-05
  4. "If you married and have a significant other this is a great company if not go someone else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

I have been working at Quest Trucking full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary is good miles or okay

Cons

There's a lot of favoritism at this company be careful pushing everybody to salary and starving out the people that don't want to go to salary if you're not married re-engage with a significant other you will not make any money the work you to the Bone run you in circles lie to you with everything and promise you the world on top of it whatever you do don't come unless you have your girlfriend boyfriend / husband... wife with you that's the only way you guys can make a good living at this company

Advice to Management

You should keep your promise to drivers and stop running away the good drivers

Quest Trucking2019-01-07
  5. "A Broken Clock is Right Twice a Day"

I worked at Quest Trucking full-time

Pros

Good Pay for Location Quality Co-workers Family Like Atmosphere

Cons

Incompetent and Under Trained Upper Management Unorganized and Confusing Company Structure Total Lack of Priority for Work Objectives Overall Negative / Toxic Company Culture CEO Needs Help

Advice to Management

I have no advice as the people in charge will not head it, nor do they care to listen.

Quest Trucking2018-09-26

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Quest Trucking full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My wife and I have been driving trucks for over 21 years and have been with Quest for the past 6. They are by far the best trucking company we have ever worked for. We honestly make nearly twice as much money as the last company we drove for and we still get quite a bit of home time. We just love the people too.

Cons

I would feel like I was just knit picking if I even tried to name any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. 😁

Quest Trucking2018-04-24
  7. "Truck driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Cartersville, GA

I have been working at Quest Trucking full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The miles and they have redone their pay packages. This company is home to me, I wouldn’t work anywhere else. They are always working to improve the company as whole, open door policy is great. Breakdown service and repair is the best.

Cons

Does no match 401k plan

Quest Trucking2018-04-27
  8. "Steady, Fair, Driver Oriented"

Current Employee - Over the Road Driver in Cartersville, GA

I have been working at Quest Trucking full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic driving lanes, paid time off with salary option. Excellent relationship between all management and drivers!

Cons

Can’t think of any downsides!

Advice to Management

More hometime on salary option

Quest Trucking2018-04-23

"My Two Cents"

I have been working at Quest Trucking full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Since the day I started at Quest I have always felt at home. Over the years we have grown as a company and it has been an exciting ride as of yet. I can honestly say that I am proud of where I work and I am proud to do the job that I do. I haven't always agreed with all policies and changes yet I trust the executive teams judgement and direction. Quest has always treated me well as an employee and when needed they... have worked with me as my personal needs have changed. The work culture has always been positive and unlike most larger company the Executive team has always been down to earth and approachable anytime I've had any needs, wants or just for a casual conversion.

Cons

The only real "Con" or reason I could see my departure in the future would be for better benefits. I feel my rate of pay is on par with industry standard if not above it. I do feel that the rest of the benefits offered Medical/Retirement are not as competitive as other employers in the same business market. For an employee with a family our medical coverage is almost unobtainable and I would love to have the option... of a 401K plan with employer contribution. When I was younger benefit compensation wasn't a prominent decision making factor in employment. However as I've grown older it has become an everyday "what if" in the back of my mind.

Advice to Management

Thanks to everyone, we have all worked early mornings and late nights as a team and resolved any obstacle that has came our way.

Quest Trucking2018-04-12
  10. "Continue to do what we do best trucking"

I have been working at Quest Trucking full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management is very understanding. Always supportive.

Cons

High medical insurance for family coverage

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work

Quest Trucking2018-04-15