Questar Assessment Test Scorer Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Test Scorer

Questar Assessment Test Scorer Reviews

Updated Nov 4, 2019

3.1
Questar Assessment President and Chief Executive Officer Stephen Lazer (no image)
Stephen Lazer
1 Rating
  1. "An Exceptional Work Experience"

Current Contractor - Test Scorer in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Questar Assessment

Pros

The project training is helpful and thorough. It is a great environment to work in, providing good pay and flexible hours.

Cons

It would be helpful to know in advance exactly how long projects will last.

Questar Assessment2017-03-30
  2. "Good, Easy Work"

Former Employee - Seasonal Test Scorer in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Questar Assessment full-time

Pros

Great pay, easy work, nice coworkers and supervisor

Cons

Somewhat tedious, can get to be a long day of reading and scoring tests.

Questar Assessment2019-11-04

"Time to up the ante for readers"

Current Contractor - Test Scorer/Reader

I have been working at Questar Assessment

Pros

* All the folks I've worked with over the years have been great. Interesting, college-educated (required), and fun to spend time with. * Most of the scoring directors and team leaders are also easy to work with, answer questions, usually take the time needed to help you understand. * I think most scorers go in with the attitude to do well by the student.

Cons

* Pay is $15.00/hour, and has not changed at all over the years I've scored (since 2011). * This year there was a project bonus, but they were very cagey about the criteria for getting it. Much time/energy put into gift card drawings, which apply to only a few people, vs. actually giving a raise to all. * Facilities (W. Bloomington) leave much to be desired (unused space from previous corporate tenant, so probably cheap rent). Old chairs that are simply awful on your back/posture, horrible ergonomics. My back still hurts. Carpets were filthy, and the air is stale. I'm guessing they're not paying much for actual cleaning services. * Projects seem to be managed rather haphazardly at times. Not the fault of the scoring directors, but scheduling seems to have some randomness to it (i.e., no papers, don't come it; lots of papers, but no overtime; or, work as much as you can; and, then, just abruptly being finished with the project). * Also, no heads up about future projects. If you've been there awhile you know a bit of the rhythm of what projects happen when, but not if there are new ones that you might be interested in. Just the luck of the draw when you check your email if something is going on.

Questar Assessment2019-06-20

"Not a reliable form of income"

Former Employee - Test Scorer

I worked at Questar Assessment part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I wish there were some.

Cons

Inexperienced Scoring Directors Projects are endlessly delayed and do not start on time. Once the project does begin then weekend or overtime hours are expected.

Questar Assessment2019-02-08

"Training needs attention"

Former Employee - Test Scorer in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Questar Assessment part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, pleasant work areas, breaks lunch are well coordinated.

Cons

The training session is difficult for a new person coming in. I was in a group of 60 and 3 of us were new. It basically was a review for the 57 returnees. When a question was asked by the leader, they would spout out the answer. I didn't know what they were talking about. The leader would say, "Go to 5.5.8B1 Far-Link Bullet one." I had no idea what it was or where it was. Then they would read a sentence and I couldn't find it. I had to learn the book by myself but could not take it out of the room. I did not qualify. I wasn't surprised.

Questar Assessment2017-04-21
  6. "Test scorer"

Current Contractor - Test Scorer in Apple Valley, MN

I have been working at Questar Assessment

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

The seating set up is not very ergonomic

Questar Assessment2017-01-20

"Reader"

Test Scorer in Apple Valley, MN

I have been working at Questar Assessment for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly environment to work with-in. Project managers, Directors, all employees seem to be respectful, considerate & professional. I have worked there for over 4 seasons and over 6 different projects and have made some professional contacts as well as life-long friends. Great pay and friendly environment.

Cons

Sometimes the training can be challenging especially at the speed at which we are trained, but can be quite interesting and rewarding as well.

Questar Assessment2016-08-12
  8. "Good for temp work"

Former Contractor - Test Scorer in Apple Valley, MN

I worked at Questar Assessment for less than a year

Pros

Easy work, good pay for temp work, comprehensive training on each assignment. I enjoyed working the assignments here even though they could get tedious by the end. But we could all break together so that was a nice way to have some social interaction. You are required to have a 4 year degree here and so that helped keep the pay up. Most of the scorers were older (than me - I was 29) and were good to work with. In fact many were retired teachers and quite intelligent. We had scheduled, guaranteed breaks and treats were often offered.

Cons

Not much chance for moving into permanent position as a Test Scorer from what I know. I was hoping maybe this could happen but I think there may not be many year round positions at all just with the nature of their business.

Questar Assessment2014-01-06

"Questar"

Current Contractor - Test Scorer in Apple Valley, MN

I have been working at Questar Assessment for less than a year

Pros

For me, the job was decent...Good Pay for a short term contract

Cons

Everyone is treated like elementary school children. People get chewed out for needing to use the restroom by other department managers. The company gets more profit by completing its contracts with its clients faster, hence why they don't want to pay someone that is not being productive 100%.

Questar Assessment2013-10-29

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews