QuiBids Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Matt Beckham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"CEO is an unprofessional scam artist"

I worked at QuiBids full-time

Pros

flexible hours and environment. people are friendly and nice to your face for the most part.

Cons

The CEO is flighty and doesn't care about people. He let go of some of the hardest working people because he didn't feel he wanted to pay them any longer. he will try to get the most for his money and get you to go out of your way to do other peoples jobs and get rid of them.

Advice to Management

have some balls and stand up for employees in your department who go out of their way and care way too much

2. "Gained valuable experience"

Current Employee - Deal Nova Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Deal Nova Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, casual dress code, company events each month, bi-weekly massages, bi-weekly smoothies, donuts every Monday. Located in nice building.

Cons

Little room for growth, poor culture, low pay, low job satisfaction, small work spaces, old computers, little appreciation for employees by managers

Advice to Management

You truly reap what you sow in business and if you continue to not put effort towards the growth of your employees you will experience a harsh drought.

"ZEROs across the board"

I worked at QuiBids full-time

Pros

There are no pros here

Cons

Everything is a con here

Advice to Management

Learn to pay people and keep the loyal ones.

"Keep your dignity intact and steer clear!"

Pros

If you work hard, you'll be a big fish in a little pond, but don't expect fair compensation or respect.

They feed you "fun" via party buses and alcohol but it's just to distract you from the cons.

Cons

No upward movement. Management is poor and ego maniacs are in control. One minute you'll be told you're "essential" and the next you'll have no job...even after many years of hard work.

Aimless business path and reckless business decision making. Did I mention sexism reigns supreme? It does. Talent isn't nourished or appreciated, it's exploited.

Advice to Management

Build a company. Not a means to an end for your CEO.

5. "Great place to work"

Pros

Flexibility and vast responsibilities. You can always get more responsibility if you truly want it

Cons

Communication but you can always change what you don't like here.

Advice to Management

Keep on working hard as they are working put the kinks as they go.

"Best job I've had to date"

Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Incredible company with high morale
    - Lax company-setting with no dress code
    - Room for upward mobility within company; typically always hires within
    - Free doughnuts every Monday; Free Jamba Juice every other Wednesday; Free 10-Minute massages every other Friday
    - Company outing once a month
    - Competitive pay
    - Friendly staff and coworkers
    - Work hard, play hard mentality
    - GREAT benefits package

Cons

- Can be stressful at times with high workloads
    - Unrealistic expectations for amount of work that can be completed within a deadline
    - Due to high workload, ability to move up within a department is tough because it's difficult to find time to learn beyond your current pay grade
    - Depending on department, multiple personalities can clash due to large departments being in one room
    - Communication from interdepartmental upper-management is lacking

Advice to Management

You hire on the best of the best. These people you hire are incredibly talented, hard working, motivated individuals. They know what they are doing and when they don't they will come to you, but my advice to you is to get out of their way. They have everything under control. Let them do their jobs and watch your company flourish.

"Flexibility, Benefits, and PTO gives QuiBids a solid A"

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For anyone that has worked at any other employer and are not straight out of college, they very much appreciate their job at QuiBids. Of course leadership could be stronger and communication could be clearer, as they could at any workplace, but at QuiBids, we have it pretty good.

Flexibility - At QuiBids we have bosses that allow you unbelievable flexibility - most employees are allowed to take off whenever they want or need to, have the option to work a straight 8 hour shift without having to break for lunch, leave at 5 o'clock on the dot if you've gotten your work done, and don't get hassled if you are late every once in awhile. The two places I have worked at prior to QuiBids would NEVER allow anything close to that.

Benefits - A lot of employees don't recognize the true value in our unbelievable benefits package. Coming from someone with children, I appreciate them very much - we pay next to nothing in monthly premiums and have a $500 deductible health plan which is pretty much unheard of nowadays. Are people watching the healthcare crisis unfold on the news each day? If so, they are very appreciative of our awesome benefits. Again, at the places I've worked before, a $2,000 deductible health plan was the only option.

PTO - Along with flexibility, QuiBids is unbeatable here. Not only do we get almost 4 weeks of paid time our first year, it continues to go up with every couple years you stay with the company.

Cons

There is some truth to some of the other reviews regarding pay and management, but I challenge those people that are truly unhappy with QuiBids to go find something better. Again, from someone who has worked at other places, maybe you'd be able to find something with better pay but I guarantee you will not have the same quality of life. It's all what's most important to you I guess. If you want to earn more and have a potentially more experienced (but not always better) manager, yet don't mind if you have to work 50 hour work weeks, have crappy benefits, and no time off, go ahead. I on the other hand will enjoy being able to leave for the lake at 5 o'clock on the dot on Friday afternoons, not drowning in medical bills, and will be happy taking my kids on a vacation a couple times per year. To each their own.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Lots of problems are easily fixable if you take the time.

"Don't believe the hype."

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was really excited to start working here, after I heard all of the awesome benefits and perks (I even read some of the reviews on here).

Cons

I feel mislead from what I was told prior to starting here. Everyone made it sound like you get all the bells and whistles, but that simply isn't true. Some departments appear to have good leadership and strong team building, which makes it obvious who the positive reviews on here are from; others are a hot mess. I can't keep my work day straight because my goals and objectives change at the blink of an eye. It's very overwhelming to think that my leaders don't have a clear vision for the company and are constantly changing everything about our new site. I came from a very established company, and while it's true that we get good benefits and can wear jeans to work, the fundamental lack of structure greatly outweighs the fun work environment.

Advice to Management

Be upfront and honest to new hires. You paint a beautiful picture of what life at QuiBids will be like, but you aren't following through. I'm often second guessing my decision to join this company because of how rocky my department appears. I hope it gets better!

"Great company, fun work environment, unique business strategy!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Causal work hard/ play hard work environment with some notable and fun perks. My QuiBids experience has been a good, growing opportunity from day one. I have experienced mostly positive interactions between part-time employees all the way up to the exec level. In my particular area, we have been able to operate with reasonable autonomy and develop aspects of the business rather freely and creatively. QuiBids promotes a healthy work/home life schedule and provides adequate PTO for full time employees. I have opportunities and experiences here that would be rare at a typical company. QuiBids is outside of the box!

Cons

Areas for improvement would be better competitive pay, especially for dedicated, talented employees who want to be here long-term. Need stronger communication of vision and career path/expectations set from the top. Closer knit communication and interaction from exec and officer level would be an improvement. Clarity in overall vision is lacking at times. Not much synergy within departments/projects.

Advice to Management

Continue to pour energy and resources into your core people. Make them feel valued with compensation, time, and resources. Listen to QuiBids customers both brand new and veterans, they will be the best gauge for improving the QuiBids brand. Strive to keep working hard to avoid detached leadership and be involved at each employee tier. Keep being innovative and creative, it is what made QuiBids successful early on and what will ultimately prevail in the e-commerce space!

"Overall experience was better than average"

Former Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at QuiBids full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many good people, upbeat, young group and enjoys the balance of work and fun in the workplace. Solid management at the CEO level.

Cons

Too many 'friends of friends' leading to lack of accurate information flowing upwards -- too many people protecting themselves because of lack of productivity

Advice to Management

Review your employees from manager level and up - lots of dead weight and lack of producing results because excuses can get by. Top management is excellent - needs improved feedback from those lower, from partners to managers.