Quick Solutions Reviews in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

2.8
Quick Solutions CEO Tom Campbell
Tom Campbell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "You may be a consultant if..."

Former Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quick Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like switching projects every few months, prefer to have a choice between hourly and salaried pay, enjoy agile, and have a thing or two to teach to a less experienced colleague if an opportunity arises, you could be a consultant. And if you suspect you are, check this company out. I have never, before or after, worked with so many talented people in one room. It was energizing, uplifting, and yes, awesomely challenging. I truly looked forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

New project = new team. I'd have thought if a team works, it's better to keep it together for the next project. They don't subscribe to that point of view I guess. No remote work arrangements. When I moved out of state, I had to quit the job. They also seemed to be losing some great people fairly often. There's a lot of competition in Columbus, so talent retention is a hard job. You always hate to see the good ones leave though.

Advice to Management

You're doing a good job hiring talented people. Do try to keep them as long as you can. If they do leave, be sure to understand why.

2. "Learning Experience"

I worked at Quick Solutions full-time

Pros

During my time at QSI, it was a great learning experience. Had the opportunity to work in a very nice office space with like-minded people who all had a passion for their career progression. Their career path was appealing and they were able to offer great benefits to Consultants.

For certain consultants, QSI was a great fit and I would recommend certain contract opportunities to them.

Cons

Once QSI went through the acquisition with Fusion Alliance, everything changed. Great people were leaving or being let go and QSI lost it's 'family-like' appeal for full-time employees. The direction of the company was conflicting and there wasn't a very organized merge for the two companies.

Work-life balance was also a negative experience. The Talent Management division suffered greatly due to poor team leadership, lack of trust, a micro-managed environment. This led to around 10 team members leaving the company within 18 months.

Advice to Management

Treat the invested employees with the respect they deserve. Look for high turnover within internal teams and look to fix the management problem behind it. Keeping true to the old QSI ways was what led to success in the past.

3. "Employees not valued"

Former Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH

Pros

There was a lot of talent when I was there, and I got to know some great developers. They had a pretty good culture, with events that got people together. Nice office space.

Cons

They did a ton of pure staffing work, shuffling resumes to get butts in seats. A select few people got to work in the office on higher profile projects.
    They were extremely focused on profit margins, but not so much on keeping employees happy. Very clearly priorities were 1) profits, 2) clients, and finally 3) employees.
    I personally worked for 4 years on various client engagements with a career plan targeting a particular opportunity, and when the stars finally aligned for that opportunity, QSI management reneged on their commitment because it would have lowered my individual profit margin for a few months.

Advice to Management

As a staffing/contracting firm (not a consulting firm) your employees are your product. You should treat your employees much better. The Columbus market is flooded with former QSI employees who would never return. They weren't treated well.

4. "Technology Consulting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Quick Solutions provides the opportunity work on meaningful projects with various highly ranked client companies. Corporate culture is supports skill advancement, family and charity.

Cons

Limited career path opportunities due to corporate restructuring.

5. "Quick/Fusion"

Current Employee - Senior IT Project Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior IT Project Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quick Solutions full-time

Pros

They are Tier 1 firm for some of the large companies in Ohio. Medical benefits were great before Fusion purchased them.

Cons

Quick is one of the lowest paying consulting companies I have ever worked for. If you are unemployed and don't have any other options, then accept a position through them. Otherwise, I would encourage anyone to work with other contracting companies. I am looking for other opportunities right now.

6. "QSI - Fusion Alliance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quick Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

QSI used to be a great place to work, however, slowly the benefits that made it a great place are being removed.

Cons

There has been a "joining" of forces with Fusion Alliance, QSI is slowly losing its identity.

7. "Do not work here."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quick Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are fun and engaging. Placement at good contract to hire opprotunities

Cons

Overworked, worked 23 days straight unable to spend PTO.
    Philosophy revolves around hiring cheapest work to get the job done then abandoning employees.

"Only interested in padding exec wallets"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quick Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Directors are very good

Cons

No paid time off for hourly, unwilling to provide salary increases based on employee market value, no 401k matching, no bonuses (except for executives maybe) and deceptive business practices from executives

Advice to Management

Replace Tom and Rick, then rework your management from the top down.

"Career roller coaster."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quick Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High profile clients in the Central Ohio area; Defined career path model; Senior Leadership (Partners) are very capable; Companies does its best to act ethically in the market

Cons

Pay is considerably lower than other consulting firms in the area; No 401k match; Profit sharing is for Directors and up (maybe 5% of the company); Career growth opportunities are limited; Confusion among internal staff (recruiting, sales, client management) on how the career model works

Advice to Management

Pay industry standards; Open up profit sharing to more employees; Provide actual career management support

"If you want to work for a company which doesn't have a direction - Work at Quick Solutions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

QSI is a local IT company providing staffing resources to private and public sector. Being a consultant you will not have to travel to other cities. QSI has a talented team of programmer but they are all leaving at an alarming rate.

Cons

Quick Solutions is a staff aug company which is trying to make their mark in software development projects. So far QSI has failed to win or deliver any sizable projects in the Ohio region. Sales staff lacks experience and are not well versed in technology. Recruiters are promoted to Account Manager positions who have minimal understanding of the technology they are trying to sell.

- Senior management is incompetent and have no sense of direction
    - Lack of processes in the company
    - Decisions takes place behind close doors

I have worked at several IT consulting firms but QSI comes at no 1 for the most dysfunctional company.

Advice to Management

Replace upper management.