Quick Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Quick Solutions CEO Tom Campbell
Tom Campbell

1. "You may be a consultant if..."

Former Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quick Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like switching projects every few months, prefer to have a choice between hourly and salaried pay, enjoy agile, and have a thing or two to teach to a less experienced colleague if an opportunity arises, you could be a consultant. And if you suspect you are, check this company out. I have never, before or after, worked with so many talented people in one room. It was energizing, uplifting, and yes, awesomely challenging. I truly looked forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

New project = new team. I'd have thought if a team works, it's better to keep it together for the next project. They don't subscribe to that point of view I guess. No remote work arrangements. When I moved out of state, I had to quit the job. They also seemed to be losing some great people fairly often. There's a lot of competition in Columbus, so talent retention is a hard job. You always hate to see the good ones leave though.

Advice to Management

You're doing a good job hiring talented people. Do try to keep them as long as you can. If they do leave, be sure to understand why.

2. "Learning Experience"

I worked at Quick Solutions full-time

Pros

During my time at QSI, it was a great learning experience. Had the opportunity to work in a very nice office space with like-minded people who all had a passion for their career progression. Their career path was appealing and they were able to offer great benefits to Consultants.

For certain consultants, QSI was a great fit and I would recommend certain contract opportunities to them.

Cons

Once QSI went through the acquisition with Fusion Alliance, everything changed. Great people were leaving or being let go and QSI lost it's 'family-like' appeal for full-time employees. The direction of the company was conflicting and there wasn't a very organized merge for the two companies.

Work-life balance was also a negative experience. The Talent Management division suffered greatly due to poor team leadership, lack of trust, a micro-managed environment. This led to around 10 team members leaving the company within 18 months.

Advice to Management

Treat the invested employees with the respect they deserve. Look for high turnover within internal teams and look to fix the management problem behind it. Keeping true to the old QSI ways was what led to success in the past.

3. "Sanitation"

Former Employee - Babysitter in Dillon, SC
    Former Employee - Babysitter in Dillon, SC

I worked at Quick Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I can say the pros was the people you work with, because they keep your mind off of other things that was going on at the job.

Cons

The cons are that the management was just mess up. The management was trying to help you at all. I think they should have more respect for workers.

Advice to Management

The management was not good to me at all. All they did was say mean things and down you. Never was there a time that they gave you a good thought it was always something mean and never something good at all.

5. "QA Tester"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Tester in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Tester in Westerville, OH

I worked at Quick Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were great to work with, the hours were good overall and the money wasn't bad.

Cons

For me contract work is too unstable.

Advice to Management

N/A

6. "Employees not valued"

Former Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH

Pros

There was a lot of talent when I was there, and I got to know some great developers. They had a pretty good culture, with events that got people together. Nice office space.

Cons

They did a ton of pure staffing work, shuffling resumes to get butts in seats. A select few people got to work in the office on higher profile projects.
    They were extremely focused on profit margins, but not so much on keeping employees happy. Very clearly priorities were 1) profits, 2) clients, and finally 3) employees.
    I personally worked for 4 years on various client engagements with a career plan targeting a particular opportunity, and when the stars finally aligned for that opportunity, QSI management reneged on their commitment because it would have lowered my individual profit margin for a few months.

Advice to Management

As a staffing/contracting firm (not a consulting firm) your employees are your product. You should treat your employees much better. The Columbus market is flooded with former QSI employees who would never return. They weren't treated well.

7. "Technology Consulting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Quick Solutions provides the opportunity work on meaningful projects with various highly ranked client companies. Corporate culture is supports skill advancement, family and charity.

Cons

Limited career path opportunities due to corporate restructuring.

8. "Quick/Fusion"

Current Employee - Senior IT Project Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior IT Project Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quick Solutions full-time

Pros

They are Tier 1 firm for some of the large companies in Ohio. Medical benefits were great before Fusion purchased them.

Cons

Quick is one of the lowest paying consulting companies I have ever worked for. If you are unemployed and don't have any other options, then accept a position through them. Otherwise, I would encourage anyone to work with other contracting companies. I am looking for other opportunities right now.

9. "QSI - Fusion Alliance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Quick Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

QSI used to be a great place to work, however, slowly the benefits that made it a great place are being removed.

Cons

There has been a "joining" of forces with Fusion Alliance, QSI is slowly losing its identity.

10. "Warehouse"

Former Employee - Warehouse/Sanitation Worker in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Warehouse/Sanitation Worker in Richmond, VA

I worked at Quick Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great company to work for and I am very glad I had a chance to be an employee if only for a short while

Cons

Don't see many con's to working for this company

Advice to Management

Have none

11. "Do not work here."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Quick Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are fun and engaging. Placement at good contract to hire opprotunities

Cons

Overworked, worked 23 days straight unable to spend PTO.
    Philosophy revolves around hiring cheapest work to get the job done then abandoning employees.