Quicken Loans Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner
Jay Farner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "great work environment and work life balance" (in 127 reviews)

• "QL is a great place to work for with a great culture" (in 105 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be tough in this role" (in 205 reviews)

• "Long hours due to the nature of the mortgage industry as a whole" (in 224 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fair - High pay provided with excellent benefits, 401K, annual reviews and raises
    Internal mortgage assistance and discounts
    Provides internal human resource assistance for team members struggling with health or external conflicts
    Most positions now provide work from home opportunities, flexible work hours and promotes work life balance
    Located in downtown Detroit gives an inside view of the city's revitalization and growth
    Initiated "green" lifestyles with recycling, offers paid volunteer hours and promotes efforts for charity and awareness for various organizations

Cons

Very fast paced and can be quite stressful, other than that, not much from the positions I held

Advice to Management

Quicken Loans is an amazing place to work - during my time, I enjoyed various positions held. Keep providing support to your team members, clients and the city of Detroit (as well as additional locations/sister companies)

Quicken Loans Response

Oct 22, 2018 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your detailed review. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our employees, so we are overjoyed that is being reflected in your... More

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quicken Loans is simply an amazing place to work at. The team members and our leaders truly care for our clients and each other. There are many opportunities for personal and professional growth here. Quicken Loans is a fast pace environment you have to be willing to work hard and put in the dedication. If you set this expectation for yourself it will allow for success and growth within the company. You also have to be quick to change in direction. This is a good thing though it keeps your role challenging and fun not the same boring thing over and over. Like they say "nothing worth having comes easy."

Cons

The long working hours can be challenging at times.

3. "Purchase specialist"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Great employees and benefits

Cons

Stress level, micro management

4. "Software Engineer"

Pros

Culture of feedback
    Good benefits
    Growth Opportunities

Cons

Leadership can make decisions without input

"Mortgage banking"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Training. You will get over 10 NMLS state licenses. Also being in the heart of downtown Detroit is awesome.

Cons

If you are a mortgage banker you have no work life balance at all. Director told me I was lucky to get Christmas Eve off! I could not recommend the mortgage banker role to any friends. I AVERAGED over 65 hours per week in 2017. Total compensation AVERAGED to just over $20 per hour, doesn't sound terrible but the sacrifices in your personal life are not worth it. If you have kids, a family, or significant other this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Set realistic expectations as far as income and hours. Mortgage bankers are treated terribly!

"A unique environment that was just right for me!"

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My team is by far the best part of my job, they welcomed me with open arms and after about 6 months I looked around and realized we had become a family. We support one another and are constantly collaborating to create high quality work. My leader also supports me in my growth, she is working to help me move into a leadership role of my own.

Cons

It can get a bit hectic around here but I prefer things that way. My work tends to be sharper and more impactful when I maintain my focus and am constantly moving forward, working toward the next goal.

7. "Mortgage banker"

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is truly unlimited. If you work, you can honestly nake good money. One of the places in Cleveland that you can earn a decent income. Perks are nice too.

Cons

You could get negative from time to time depending on how you're doing that month, but thats sales for you.

"opportunity comes to those who create it"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for an employer that pushes you to be the best you can be, then Quicken Loans is the place to be. I have happily worked for them for 3 years and plan to make this my life long career. It all begins with our culture of excellence that push and challenges you to be the best you can be. Quicken Loans is an employer that listens to the feedback of its employees. We constantly change and are unafraid to try new things.
    If you have a sense of urgency in everything you do, you will fit in. Quicken Loans believes in giving back to the community we work in. When you work here, you are part of a family that treats you with respect. Quicken Loans spares no expense in benefits - the best heath care and benefits make sure we attract the best of the best. Quicken Loans is a place that inspires you to improve yourself and others around you. I am truly blessed to work at a place that understands and works with my growing family. The opportunities, such as owning homes, cars, investments, and having children, are directly attributed to my opportunity at Quicken Loans, and I couldn’t possibly be more grateful.

Cons

You have to be open to receiving feedback.

"Quicken Loans FOC"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After 6 months being a part of the FOC, I can honestly say I have yet to run into one unhappy team member! From the moment you step on a shuttle there are friendly smiling faces surrounding you.
    Leaders encourage all team members to be thier best self, do the right thing and character is not negotiable.
    There are unlimited opportunities and resources for growth available to team members personally and professionally.
    Flexibility is second to none when it comes to family/personal obligations.
    Best place I have worked by far!

Cons

Have yet to find a situation that warrants a comment here.
    Zero cons for me.

Advice to Management

Change nothing! Love that you encourage growth, integrity and so much more to the team.

10. "It specialist"

Former Employee - IT Specialist
    Former Employee - IT Specialist

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Great teammates.
    Challenging work.
    Downtown.
    Volunteer opportunities.
    Start with 4 weeks off.

Cons

Mr Burns is a better and kinder boss. They do have some god leaders, but they are the minority. Leadership is not only lacking any emotional intelligence, but often any skill or vision.
    Inconsistent direction.
    Clueless HR.
    Lower than average pay in some roles.

Advice to Management

Teach listening skills to leadership. Stop moving the problem leaders, change their roles. Set a solid vision and ensure understanding not just lip service.