Quicken Loans Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,076 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Could have a better work life balance (in 158 reviews)

• The long hours are due to their compensation being commission based (in 174 reviews)

1. "software developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its amongst the top 50 IT places to work as rated by computer world

Cons

Fact paced environment. Interviewers would not give preference if sponsorship required

Advice to Management

no comments

2. "Low Salary for interns"

Pros

Their recruiters are very helpful and responsive.

Cons

They offer very low salary to their interns and that's not fair in comparison to other companies.

3. "Working stress free finally and people want to see me succeed"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

People are friendly, promotion happens alot.

Cons

If you don't enjoy team meetings it can be hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work developing employees. It's made a superb environment for everyone.

4. "Horrible HR Leadership"

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Good cafe, free coffee, that's about it.

Cons

New HR Leadership was put recently put in place. These women have zero HR experience and are cold as ice. Get a personality, you are in HR. They encourage competitiveness rather than teamwork and give zero support for their Tim's.

Advice to Management

Whoever made the decision to put these women in these positions needs to be evaluated. Take a look at who has left and who has been let go since they started. You will see not only is there a lot but a lot of great people. You have lost the heart of your company. Very sad.

5. "Mortgage Banker"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is great but hard to hit higher pay scale tiers.

Cons

highest turn over rate of any company I have ever worked for if you make it a year it would be nothing short of a miracle they do not value their employee's or they would not force so many hours on them . Work/Life balance....you wont have a life. They also train their sales people to out right lie to customers to gain their business. The sales people here are the true definition of used car salesman.

6. "Sweat shop"

Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, friendly atmosphere, very helpful coworkers

Cons

First 3 to 6 months you make $9 an hour, working 70-80 hours a week, dialing out to transfer potential clients to bankers. 700 dials a day are required, you will be staying late until you finish. Once you're a banker the hours do not get better. you will work 8am to 9pm every single day with one 30 min break all day, and even then you're expected to eat at your desk. Saturday hours are a little better, you work 8am to 6pm. If you're off pace you will work sundays as well. The sweatshop environment is very apparent in every aspect of this job. During callblock you cannot step away from your desk for any reason, even bathroom. If you'd like to be enslaved, go work at Quicken.

Advice to Management

Realize people are people not machines.

"If you work very hard, you will be rewarded"

Current Employee - Operations in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Operations in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great health benefits, great location (Detroit), some great people

Cons

Some leadership plays favorites. Opportunity exists if you know the right people. This applies to promotions, pay, if/when they bend the rules. Employees are not compensated based on job/experience/school/length of service.

8. "Loan Analyst"

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Great diversity in company !

Cons

Way to stressful, most challenging position in the company. Workload too extreme. Turnover is high.

Advice to Management

Find ways to alleviate daily stress on your employees

"For the 1% and you will hate life"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is good even though they brainwash you into thinking you have a life balance and not work and life balance. They tell you that you can make great money, but only 5% actually make money.

Cons

No time to do anything but work and sleep. Training is torture and they spend more time doing things for you then actually teaching you anything. Also they don't tell you that you will be tortured by dialing 700 calls a day for two months for 12 to 13 hours a day while you wait for your state licenses. They would rather get production than actually teach you any knowledge. If you are single and have no friends this is the job for you. I can't stress enough that you will work 60+ hours a week and they see that as life balance. They preach life balance during every presentation. Based on my calculations I worked 60+ hour weeks and I hit goal every month, but I lost out on my daughter's life achievements. They are a top 10 company to work for if you want to do nothing but work. Also the pulse or HR department is completely worthless. I had questions about benefits when I started and she said she couldn't answer them because she didn't have the plan. I had a director that was 25 years old. He had no leadership skills, but he could press buttons on the computer for me and not teach me a damn thing though. You can't reach someone to be a leader. Most of them are not leaders, but knowledge experts.

Advice to Management

Training sucks. Instead of paying me 10.00 an hour to dial for 700 dials a day and have my boss dial while I use the bathroom how about you take the two months that I need to get licensed to actually teach me things I will retain. The foundation dial and smile torture is by far the worst experience I've ever had with a company. And the directors don't care. They only care about production and not actually helping you learn. Stop preaching life balance. You have no life when you work 65 hours a week. You work and sleep and don't try to tell someone otherwise. Quicken is against families I believe. They could care less that I don't see my daughter wake up in the morning and I get home after she is in bed for 3 three hours already. Disgusting.

10. "QA"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and great benefits amazing people to work with. Culture is great

Cons

With every company I feel like there's always an are to improve

Showing 1,076 of 1,371 reviews