Quicken Loans "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Quicken Loans Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Nov 25, 2019

3.9
Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner
Jay Farner
Pros
  • "Great team leaders Comfortable work environment(in 149 reviews)

• "Great culture and very fast-paced for people who have a lot of energy(in 116 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours are expected of you in order to meet your expected goals for the month(in 246 reviews)

• "For those that want work life balance - learn time management(in 236 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Greatest Decision I’ve Ever Made"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work environment - Heavy Compensation - Great training program - Feels like your not even at work - Huge growth opportunity - Promote from within - Learn a lot about sales/finance but also life as well Incredible place to work with great benefits, great compensation, and great people. Everyone is always available to help coach or develop your skill and you can tell they truly care about your... development. Could not be any happier with my position and company.

Cons

- Hours can be excessive occasionally - Skill set may take longer than you would hope to develop (everyone is different) The hours can be long sometimes but mainly in the beginning. It takes time to develop your skills but once it clicks, it clicks; the hours drop, the pay increases, and it becomes a lot easier. Just need to give it at least a year to reach your full potential!

Advice to Management

Continue doing exactly what you’re your doing! Couldn’t be happier with my director, regional Vice Presidents, and Senior VP. Always there to help, coach, and develop your skill as well as be there for any additional assistance you may need.

Quicken Loans2019-05-04
  2. "Amazing opportunity"

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

good work environment well paid company culture is great

Cons

there can be somewhat long hours

Quicken Loans2019-11-26
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work environment and culture Many perks and benefits Potential for career growth Offers training; many roles do not require a degree Truly care about their clients and team members Dedicated to volunteering and the community Committed to process improvements Frequently solicits feedback from all levels and implements it Devoted to doing the right thing

Cons

Hours can fluctuate throughout the year No annual bonuses or pay raises for many positions

Quicken Loans2019-11-07
  5. "Software Developer Intern Interview"

Former Employee - Software Developer Intern

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Great work environment with great people. Learn a lot.

Cons

Transportation was not ideal in my opinion.

Quicken Loans2019-10-14
  6. "Was a great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall a pretty relaxed work environment, most of the team leaders are pretty down to earth and are very focused on making sure team member satisfaction

Cons

There often seems to be a lack of communication and direction between project teams and upper management. It seems that especially over the past year or so there have been too many different initiatives, each which sound intriguing and often involve lots of buzzwords in their description, without having a solid road map. This has caused problems both from dealing with constant major changes to having to put out... fires from not prioritizing maintenance of current services.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to do so many things at once and try to do a couple of things really well to start with. I think that people overall take more pride in doing things well than trying to be at the 'cutting edge' in each facet of the technology sector, and while these can complement each other, they do not always do so in practice. Also, it seems like there have been measures taken to reduce non-work activities in the... office, like the disappearance of the ping pong table. I am not sure whether this has been deliberate, but trying to force people to be at their desk 'working' more often actually makes many of the teams I have seen less productive and enjoy their work less.

Quicken Loans2019-10-25
  7. "Great Summer"

Former Intern - Mortgage Banking Intern

I worked at Quicken Loans for less than a year

Pros

Amazing work environment, exciting to come to work everyday. Energetic people. Great training. Used fitness center for discounted price. Direct conversations with upper leaders

Cons

you work a lot, but if you want to succeed that is what it takes.

Quicken Loans2019-10-04
  8. "Great internship - meaningful projects"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans for less than a year

Pros

Work environment, meaningful projects,

Cons

Pay (compared to other software internships)

Quicken Loans2019-09-20
  9. "Awesome"

Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans for less than a year

Pros

Very nice work environment. As an Intern, It was overwhelming to be part of this organization , not only work but they encourage you to enroll yourself into many events for community.

Cons

There is no cons I have ever found

Quicken Loans2019-08-13
  10. "I love it"

Current Employee - Property Preservation Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team leaders Comfortable work environment

Cons

No overtime offered, No set hours

Quicken Loans2019-08-12

"WORST MISTAKE - LEFT TOTALLY DEFEATED"

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation and benefits, as well as a nice work environment Training went above and beyond - top notch

Cons

The hours are ridiculous, upwards of 60-70 per week Many weeks are 7 day work weeks Schedule will show a day off, but then you are told you have to work your off day I was actually was told since I had custody of my children and no wife that I should find another job that was more conducive to having a family No support for people struggling to achieve goal - Only pats on the back for those over achieving Was... not given lunch breaks & chastised for taking breaks to go to the bathroom Great money; however, you won't be able to find time to enjoy it

Advice to Management

It would be in your favor to train, support and treat the mortgage bankers you have with respect. The turnover in this department is ridiculous because of the insane number of hours expected of these people. Why wouldn't you want to train these employees and keep them long term. You are losing very qualified people who are willing to work hard, but what is required of these bankers goes way above the norm. I am... now at a company where I can have a family, make good money and enjoy my job as a mortgage banker. I would have loved to have been able to do that at Quicken.

Quicken Loans2019-07-15