Quicken Loans "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner
Jay Farner

"intern"

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

great work environment and work life balance

Cons

low pay and low opportunity for advancement

Quicken Loans2018-10-11
  2. "Project Manager Intern in Technology"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

-Awesome work environment -Abundance of opportunities to learn and grow -Great team members

Cons

Sometimes I was bored, but if you are someone who can't sit still at work there are plenty of opportunities to find work.

Advice to Management

None

Quicken Loans2018-09-25

"Analyst"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Great culture and work environment

Cons

No cons at the moment

Quicken Loans2018-08-15
  4. "Technical Support Intern"

Current Intern - Technical Support Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans for less than a year

Pros

The biggest pro I experienced was that everyone had a positive attitude and were great to work with. People went out of their way to accommodate me and provide me with the mentorship and training that I needed and did it with a smile. It really surprised me that out of the couple hundred tickets I helped work, maybe one or two people had a bad attitude. I came in expecting to field several bad calls a day from people having a terrible time with their technology. Turns out even when it wasn't working great for them they didn't take it out on you or the rest of the team members. Overall a great experience and I will be looking to come back after graduation. - Lots of opportunities for advancement and personal growth - Great training tools and mentorship programs - Friendly and positive work environment - Detroit is a city on the rebound with plenty to do and see

Cons

The pay is on the lower end of the spectrum but the cost of living in Detroit in lower than other metro areas so it kind of evens out. Not a big con but something to be aware of. For interns specifically, you get out of it what you put into it. They aren't going to hold your feet to the fire and force you to learn and grow. They will provide you will all the tools and resources to do great things, but they aren't going to hold your hand the whole time. This one isn't necessarily a con either just something to think about.

Advice to Management

Keep being an advocate for your team members and encouraging your team to grow and strive for excellence. The people and attitudes are in my eyes the best thing about working here and what set you apart from the competition. Continue to invest in them and you will reap big rewards.

Quicken Loans2018-08-10

"If you don't have/want a life, work here."

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is one of the only things great about this place, and the fact that they have a fun work environment.

Cons

-The only way you will make decent money is if you are prepared to work 65-75 hours a week, because this is basically two full time jobs. -Leadership is awful as you are there for a longer period of time. -One of the 'isms' there is that "numbers and money follow, they do not lead", but this could not be more false. The moment that you do not produce/hit goals, you will be fired. It happens more than they talk about. -Never an option to move to different areas of the company. -They do not seem to care about their employees, it is always about production. -If you are not one of the "top producing bankers", you get worse leads, making it harder for you to hit your goal every month. -You will be expected to be available 24/7 for your clients to call, email, and text you. -Never any sort of work/life balance because you typically work 8am-8pm or later every single day.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring 100-120 new bankers every single month just to replace the ones you already have, and start caring more about your current employees.

Quicken Loans2018-05-14
  6. "Upbeat Company Culture"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

Great work environment. Team atmosphere.

Cons

I didn't have any cons to add.

Quicken Loans2018-03-13
  7. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, great attitude and work environment

Cons

Large company, so easy for teams/business areas to work in silos

Quicken Loans2018-02-25
  8. "The Kool Aid is not Bad"

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Great professional Development Got 10 yrs of mortgage experience in 3 years Very positive work environment

Cons

Need to be very open to feedback - not always healthy, but usually very helpful Long hours are a must

Quicken Loans2018-02-06
  9. "Marketing intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Quicken Loans

Pros

Pros would be I love working in the area of marketing, and also I would have a wonderful work environment.

Cons

The con is that it is a bit far.

Quicken Loans2018-02-06

"Solid employer"

Current Employee - Leader in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Culture, fun work environment, opportunity, impressive work space, technology driven.

Cons

The bigger they have grown the less they are what made them great.

Advice to Management

Reconnect with your team members and get out of stats, metrics and numbers; they do not lead.

Quicken Loans2018-01-04