Quicksilver Express Courier Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Chuck Miller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A fun driving job, but I want more!"

Current Employee - Courier in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Courier in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get runs through the phone app and drive all day (8-10 hrs). You can start work each day in your own driveway. Pay is not bad. I love the office staff and the dispatchers are good to work with. Fine people. I hope to someday work in the office as this company promotes within. it's own staff.

Cons

Yes, there are miles that you put on your car, and your car needs to be properly maintained. The company could embrace more work life balance, especially when it comes to family time. The company could offer more advancement opportunities, such as truck driver and customer service training for interested Drivers.. I love this company, the "Base" staff, and would like more opportunities to serve inside of it!

Advice to Management

Maybe some of us Drivers would like a serious opportunity to work in the office, drive trucks and use other education and jobs skills beside just driving our own cars, and not really being a part of "The Team."

2. "A company that doesn't know how to treat employees."

Former Employee - Courier in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Courier in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Okay on pay. You can make an okay wage if you put in the hours. That's about all that was good.

Cons

Thousands of miles on your car, no benefits, hundreds of dollars in gas and vehicle maintenance, very long hours, management does not car about their employees at all. Steer clear of this company.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees and their families instead of worrying about your profits.

3. "Wasting time and life"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is just a job

Cons

low pay, poor management, non- professional dispatching team.

Advice to Management

Do not be greedy, we are human too and have families that need to be supported.
    THE IRS ESTIMATES THAT THE COST TO DRIVE A VEHICLE FOR WORK PURPOSE IS 54 CENTS/MILE. include gas, depreciation, maintenance ...etc. but remember this estimate is not included extra gas cost for running the AC. Especially, we live in the hottest place in USA.!!!

4. "Driver"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time

Pros

The pay can be good.

Cons

The Dispatchers treat the drivers like a total piece of ...t, Rudest I ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Treat you're drivers with a little respect.

5. "Fun Driving Job"

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier (More than a year)

Pros

Paid training, good opportunities for income.

Cons

No health insurance or benefits

6. "This job is for you if......."

Current Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work by yourself, 1PTO week p/y(not sure if that's a +or-), Semi-flexible, Semi-friendly staff

Cons

You are a means to an end that's all, Never know end time, Effort is not recognized, You truly are just a number, 8-14 hour days, Office staff lacks social etiquette, Being tracked by phone app,

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as you would like to be treated. Numbers are very impersonal. Try a little harder.

7. "Delivery Driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Little Canada, MN
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Little Canada, MN

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people on the job are kind, and hard working, the management is flexible and helpful, and I really feel like I'm making a difference.

Cons

No benefits, except 1 week PTO that expires on your hire date every year.

Advice to Management

Try to find a way to pay everyone a decent fixed rate and add on commission after that.

8. "One of the better couriers out there"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

No one over your shoulder, Great office support, Good pay, Good Hours, Work on App

Cons

Long hours on busy days

Advice to Management

More Communication

"Ripped off"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work by yourself. Time goes by fast. Your office is your car. Time goes by fast. Time goes by fast. You work by yourself

Cons

They lie to you about what you will make. I've spent more than what ive made. They send you on a bunch of runs that you make less than $8.00. They dont pay milage or the cost of the high risk insurance. Plus you use your own car.

"Office Staff"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good group of co-workers in the office. It is a busy challenging environment and there is a sense of accomplishment in taking care of customers.

Cons

Current management is terrible. They can't have a conversation with anyone. They only know how to be VERY passive aggressive and condescending. They both love to manage by threatening emails and won't just deal with individual employees. When it is busy they will stand with their arms crossed staring down people but refuse to help on phones to get the mission done. No benefits at all other than paid time off. Drivers are treated poorly and there is high turnover so the company can't meet the needs of customers. It is stressful for employees to be constantly making "I'm sorry we are running late" phone calls ALL day.

Advice to Management

Stop treating all employees (office staff and drivers) like they are replaceable and actually care about those that work for you. Replace the current management with approachable leadership. This is the culture of this company from long ago, and it will be this companies downfall.