Quicksilver Express Courier Reviews | Glassdoor

Quicksilver Express Courier Reviews

Updated Dec 7, 2019

3.1
Quicksilver Express Courier President Chuck Miller (no image)
Chuck Miller
Pros
  • "I love the office staff and the dispatchers are good to work with(in 4 reviews)

• "Have been employed here at QEC for 3 yrs now, Overall great place to work(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "They tell you that dispatch will get you off close to your house(in 9 reviews)

• "No benefits even though they hire you as an employee(in 8 reviews)

1. "A company that values their employees..."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working for Quicksilver. I have never felt more valued or appreciated by a management team until I started working at Quicksilver. The community at Quicksilver is awesome. I am thankful to be a part of a company that provides a positive environment, great pay, great health care, and is seeking to better the world through courier & delivery.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Quicksilver Express Courier2019-05-07

"Valued driver, then treated unfair and tossed out like garbage!"

Former Employee - Driver in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

QEC was my family and my whole life. People and pay were good.

Cons

After being a highly valued driver, I was treated very unfair. NO regard for dangers of drowsy driving!

Advice to Management

QEC was my whole life for until last week. I drove my car as owner/operator for two years between 12/15 to 12/17. My husband died, so I left, but was invited to come back in January 2018 as a driver of company vans. I was highly regarded and trusted - and I looked forward to coming to work each day. Last March, the company bought me (as they put it) a new 10 foot cargo van with all bells and whistles, saying "I deserved it with all my hard work." I was one of their top drivers and planning to have a career at QEC. Then they came along this October and offered me the chance to drive a 16 foot straight truck. I thought about it and (as I now regret) said "yes." Well, the training I received was quite bad, and I was told opposite things, like backing into overhead doors and not docks. I had to teach myself how to use the lift gate. I was told "it's like driving your car!" About three weeks into driving this truck, I backed into and dented an overhead door. Then on November 26, I was coming back from a run in Northern Illinois when I began to get very sleepy. In fact, I missed a well-known turn off and had to turn around after three miles. I was nodding off and this situation became dangerous, as I well knew, so I did the safest thing and pulled off the highway and into a rest stop. I was going to take a 20 minute power nap. I was slowly parking in back of a semi truck when I nodded off, my foot fell on the fuel pedal - and the truck went forward - and I hit the back of the semi-trailer in front of me. I was doing the safest and most correct thing at the time, and something bad happened anyway. Drowsy driving under any circumstance is a dangerous thing and their is much medical documentation that "micro-sleep" is involuntary and can happen at any time to anyone in my situation. I did the most safe thing to do in my situation: I got off the roadway and at a rest stop. I was not given any traffic tickets and was even commended for what I was trying to do by the police officer. Yet, I was treated as if I did something wrong behind the wheel, as if I was speeding, reckless driving or something dumb for which I deserved to be treated, as if I was some bad criminal: not allowed to present my side, to be squashed and tossed into the trash heap! I was promised and told that I would have a meeting and present my side of what happened and I was even told that QEC knew that I was tired and trying to take the safest course of action by pulling off the road. I was called in this past Monday morning and fired and told I "violated company policy" eventhough I actually did nothing wrong - and was doing the safest thing in the situation I was in. As I mentioned, there is extensive medical documentation regarded the dangers of drowsy driving - and I am an employee driver driving QEC vans and not allowed to refuse runs over "being tired." Some time ago, I refused to do an evening run because I was tired, and I got chewed out for it. I am now writing here because QEC reads this here and I have had NO fair chance to even fill out the company incident sheet (this violates company policy) and tell my side of the story. The result of being fired for doing the best in the situation that QEC put me in was to rip a huge hole in my life. QEC was my family and losing my once high regard and treating me as if I did something wrong and stupid behind the wheel is the most painful of betrayals and back-stabbings! I am planning a come back and a home coming back to QEC someday

Quicksilver Express Courier2019-12-07
  3. "Great Staff"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Little Canada, MN

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Staff Great introduction into the delivery business

Cons

None that I have encountered

Quicksilver Express Courier2019-08-29

"KANSAS CITY BRANCH IS DYING! You can make smarter decisions with your life"

Current Employee - Advanced Medical Transport Specialist in Kansas City, KS

Pros

You can work so many hours that it literally kills you

Cons

This is not a given take company this is how we give you a command and you either work here or down at the end of the conversation. You will put big stickers on your car doors not magnets and not removable and advertise for them 24/7 and receive no compensation for that. You will not refuse any delivery ever. You will be conned into taking a route that doesn't pay anything and it will start with the driver is not available will you cover this just for today 6 months later nothing has changed. The average pay per mile is $0.25 and it doesn't matter if you work 70 hours a week and drive 4000 miles in a pay period there is no pay raise your only option for advancement is become a CDL driver dispatching or customer service

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR DRIVERS! THE KANSAS CITY BRANCH IS SINKING AND QUICKLY!!! Learn to give and take and start listening to your drivers that have the direct face-to-face communication with all your customers on a daily sometimes 20 times a day. Stick to your word when the driver offers to bail you out time and time again and when drivers repeatedly tell you they aren't making money doing something and you can't get someone to stick with it or it drives them to the point of quitting and not even telling you but rather just dropping all the uniforms and stuff off at the door and leaving (not the first and won't be the last) then maybe you ought to reevaluate it or drop the contract and put the driver somewhere else we could use them.

Quicksilver Express Courier2019-07-15
  5. "Dead end job."

Former Employee - Driver in Little Canada, MN

I worked at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ok job until something better comes along I guess?

Cons

Low pay. No raises. No advancement opportunities. Driving on snow, ice, 20 below zero. Company vehicles are junk. Bad tires breaks, huge cracks in windshield. Hard to make over 12.00 an hour even with commission.

Quicksilver Express Courier2019-06-26

"Treat drivers like dirt"

Current Employee - Driver/Courier in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Despatchers are friendly and helpful

Cons

They combine W-2 & 1099 to their advantage. The so called boss here in Phoenix is high handed and does not respect the drivers. Thinks he owns them. No breaks whatsoever.

Advice to Management

You have changed your logo... Change your attitude!

Quicksilver Express Courier2019-05-12

"Truly a dumpster fire."

Former Employee - Driver/Courier in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you hate you’re wife and kids then you are in luck because you will never see them.

Cons

Incredibly long hours with zero OT pay. You will blow through money trying to keep up with maintenance on your vehicle. How many words do I get for this because I could write a war and peace type novel about what’s wrong with this company. When you get interviewed they will tell you that you will work from 8-5. (Already longer than the average workday considering you don’t get a lunch break). That is a lie because you actually will work closer to a 10-12 hour day. They tell you that dispatch will get you off close to your house. Lie #2. They don’t care where your last stop is as long as it benefits them. Most likely the last stop of the day will be over an hour from you’re house. Also don’t get on dispatches bad side because you will be running nothing more then letter envelopes all day which will pay you about $6 for pick up and delivery. They never tell you what your actually getting paid for and don’t even think about asking what you will receive in mileage reimbursement because they will tell you a complex equation that you would have to have a PhD to understand. You will be driving about 200 miles a day. So you had better be saving up money for a down payment on a new vehicle. At the interview they will tell you that the drivers make about $750 to $900 a week. That is before taxes of course and to get the upper amount you will have to put in 15 hour days. This company will treat you like a work horse and when you’ve had enough and can’t take anymore of the salt mines they don’t even care if you quit because new people apply all the time. The only thing they care about is do you have a car. you would be better suited getting a cardboard sign and a sharpie. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Advice to Management

Don’t lie to applicants.

Quicksilver Express Courier2019-04-22
  8. "Quicksilver looks out for their employees and is one big family."

Current Employee - General Manager in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunities in all positions. Great pay, vacation, health benefits. Always room for advancement. Good people!

Cons

This business is addicting. In a good way!

Quicksilver Express Courier2019-03-06

"Great job easy some days."

Current Employee - Courier in Lakewood, CO

Pros

Drive your own car. Enjoy your time alone. Listen to your music.

Cons

None. Just when gas prices go up.

Advice to Management

Need better communication

Quicksilver Express Courier2019-01-18

"Fantastic Place of work"

Dispatcher in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier for more than 3 years

Pros

Helping wonderful Customers who have been with the company for many years.

Cons

Sometimes fast paced, and stressful.

Quicksilver Express Courier2019-01-18